Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU vs North Carolina - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Heels are reeling... have 2 starters out... gonna likely be ugly.

Zags 88
    UNC 68
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    I knew Carolina was down this year, but this down? Jeez. And for that reason I think it’ll be all that much more bitter a pill to swallow when the Zags fall 74-68. I’m that guy- the one who doesn’t think the Zags can ever beat UNC until it they do.
    Well they already have so there’s that
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

91- 73 Zags...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Sounds like Cole Anthony is out and he is their best player by quite a bit. My hope is for no more injuries and I can't believe I'm typing this prediction.

Gonzaga - 83
    UNC - 71

UNC has really slipped in the rankings. I’m may revise my score for UNC (lower it) - keeping Zags at 90.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    UNC has really slipped in the rankings. I’m may revise my score for UNC (lower it) - keeping Zags at 90.
    Don't revise the post... just post new score. I always take the last score posted.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags win 86-72

Default INJURY REPORTS STILL TOO MURKY TO RUSH PREDICTION ON UNC...

Still going to wait before predicting on UNC game. The injury picture right now is the key to all of this. I would not be overly surprised to see Cole Anthony on the court. Hoping Tillie can go full-speed. Squeaky Black n'Blue *, who knows. Watson, most likely a no-no.

Edit: *I mean "Leaky", not Squeaky, and "Black", not Blue. Hope Cole Anthony plays and plays well. And Zags win by 20+.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Zags 88-75

Revised:

GU: 80
    UNC: 69

With UNC having lost 3 in a row, it sux because we almost have to blow them out to earn anything in this game. National TV helps, but if UNC plays us real tough - as I expect them to - it will just not be seen as much to get "just a win" - we have to really win to make much of it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Was in an elevator at the Biltmore spring of 18 with a couple who were donned in UNC blue and white. I was wearing my GU shirt. He said "good game last year". I replied (laughing mind you) "right, except for the last two minutes". To which his very hair-sprayed blonde wife retorted "At least you got to play". I just wish I had her number to rub it in tomorrow. Beat UNC. Oh please oh please.

I think the Tar Heels, even short-handed will come in over confident. I think the crowd will be in the game, even with the students on break. I think the game will be similar to the AZ game in one unfortunate way. The Zags will have a comfortable lead late in the game, only to see it skip away. The end result won't be as close though.

Zags - 80
    North Carolina University - 73

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Zags 77
    UNC 61

Seeing UNC play in K2 is a dream come true. I wish I could be there to see it live and in person. I'll see it live on TV, and that will be okay. Who would ever have thought that one day a team like North Carolina would come to play us in the Kennel II. AND to be able to look up at the scoreboard at the end of the game ans see that we're ahead, is one thing that I hope to see. I am also hoping that the Ninja Shooters come out and party with us. Let's hit at least ten 3's. We have the shooters to do this. Just do it guys. I'm hoping to see Timme score in double figures and get his first double double. If Tillie is unable to play he will come and take his place and have a huge game. I love how he plays.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Don't revise the post... just post new score. I always take the last score posted.
    Thanks for the note - I’m not going to change anything - or post a new prediction. If UNC is going to dig deep for a game it’s going to be this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagguy View Post
    Was in an elevator at the Biltmore spring of 18 with a couple who were donned in UNC blue and white. I was wearing my GU shirt. He said "good game last year". I replied (laughing mind you) "right, except for the last two minutes". To which his very hair-sprayed blonde wife retorted "At least you got to play". I just wish I had her number to rub it in tomorrow. Beat UNC. Oh please oh please.
    Yeah, but we were limited to only 5 on the court at a time.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Hard to beat NC when they wear their striped jerseys.

UNC lost to both UVA and OSU with both starting guards in tact.

Statistics can be wrong but they can also be an indication of a norm.

UNC is a very poor shooting team:
    They lost by nine points to a UVA team that has problems scoring.
    They lost to OSU at home and only scored a total of "49" points!!!
    They lost to Wofford at home without their starting back court scoring only 64
    points.

UNC shoots FT's at a worse clip than we do!!! I think we have a "chance" to win this one...

Before the season started, I circled this as an "L" but after watching them play Alabama and Michigan, it was clear that this isn't the typical UNC team of years past...and without Anthony and Black they are going to have difficulty scoring.

Without Anthony and Black, UNC loses 25% of their rebounding, 43% of their assists, 50% of their steals and their outside shooting...

This is a "Blue Blood" and they are going to struggle all year with or without Anthony and Black...

We are going to score as we normally do and our defence will play well at home and think this game will be decided early...

GU - 88
    UNC - 65

Default 87% Chance to Win.

ESPN has Gonzaga with an 87% chance to defeat North Carolina.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401168261

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    TheKENNEL

Heels 64
    Zags 87

Go Zags - Beat the Tar Heels!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zagguy View Post
    Which Biltmore? You were too kind to them. I would have mentioned the thieving refs and the out of bounds foot or tar heel that no one — including dopey Nantz and icon Hill and BS Raftery — noticed. Then bring up the boundless academic scandal. Then ask how many Carmichael scholars ever played hoops.

OT, but wasn’t there a Texas Tech foot out of bounds that cost us last year, too?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    One must never underestimate the magic that is "The Kennel".
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

UNC 73
    GU 84
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

the most lopsided loss in UNC history..... Zags by 44

LARGEST MARGIN OF DEFEAT
    43 at Lynchburg Elks, Feb. 20, 1915 (20-63)