Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU vs North Carolina - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    I expect them to be better than Wofford, who is currently beating NC with 4 minutes left.
    Wonder if the few players sitting out today vs Wofford will suddenly feel better by Weds?

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Wonder if the few players sitting out today vs Wofford will suddenly feel better by Weds?
    They lost 68-64.

Even if the Zags win...TAINTED
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Looks like they will feel worse....

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    They lost 68-64.

UNC fans will whine and cry. . .good.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    They lost 68-64.

It's when not if

A win is a win in my book. I don't care if Carolina has 6 players out. I hope we beat them by 40. Let their fans cry all they want. After the biggest academic scandal in the history of college sports they shouldn't even be allowed to plat this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    A win is a win in my book. I don't care if Carolina has 6 players out. I hope we beat them by 40. Let their fans cry all they want. After the biggest academic scandal in the history of college sports they shouldn't even be allowed to plat this year.
    That being said, I want a win against a top 25 team, not a crap team.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Zags 87
    Tar Heels 75

Expect to see us clicking on all cylinders and the Tar Heels are more banged up than us.

I sported Zags 90 - Opponent 75 the last 2 games. 3rd time’s charmed

Zags - 90
    UNC - 75

Main thing I want to see is Killian playing and playing well - and especially for his own sake. The kid deserves a break from injury.
    The Mrs & I will be there. We’ll get our somewhat quiet area up on their feet. I’ll bet the Kennel will be rocking
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Exactly. We have injuries too, so the day I boo-hoo about Cole's stupid knee is the day I stick my weenur in a meat grinder. I expect a comfortable win and I plan on being comfortably numb (Pink Floyd reference) by halftime (maybe sooner).

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Exactly. We have injuries too, so the day I boo-hoo about Cole's stupid knee is the day I stick my weenur in a meat grinder. I expect a comfortable win and I plan on being comfortably numb (Pink Floyd reference) by halftime (maybe sooner).
    Meat grinder?? Okay...ewwww!

Decided to delay my score prediction until the injury situation (for both GU and UNC) shakes out in a day or two. I doubt Watson plays in any event, but Tillie is critical.

Weenur? You might be comfortably numb right now,I'm guessin'
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

IMO there was nothing more satisfying than when we beat Duke at the height of their powers. I loved that we just beat Arizona while we were banged up and they were healthy. A very ‘in your face’ win.

I’ll be stoked to beat UNC, but somewhat disappointed that they will be in a weakened condition. I want them to know in their souls that we beat them.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    IMO there was nothing more satisfying than when we beat Duke at the height of their powers. I loved that we just beat Arizona while we were banged up and they were healthy. A very ‘in your face’ win.

I’ll be stoked to beat UNC, but somewhat disappointed that they will be in a weakened condition. I want them to know in their souls that we beat them.
    I hope we embarrass them, regardless of their injury situation. Make it hurt...more than a little.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

A win is a win in my book. I don't care if Carolina has 6 players out. I hope we beat them by 40. Let their fans cry all they want. After the biggest academic scandal in the history of college sports they shouldn't even be allowed to play this century.
    There.Fixed it for you.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

This. AZ and UNC back to back.

Zags win big 89-65.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

I just came here to make one more weiner reference.

GU - 86 -67
    Last edited by zag67; 12-16-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Go Zags ! Beat the Heels.
    GU - 87 UNC - 71

Default From Sports Illustrated

https://www.si.com/college/unc/baske..._medium=social

Right now, North Carolina isn’t a good basketball team, and it showed why again on Sunday afternoon as the Tar Heels’ late comeback was undone by silly turnovers and poor shot selection as Wofford held on for a 68-64 victory in the first regular-season game at Carmichael Arena since 1986.

Take away Cole Anthony and Leaky Black, who both sat out with injuries, from an already-struggling team, and Carolina (6-4) simply wasn’t good enough to top the Terriers (7-4), dropping their third straight game.

“I think we played hard,” guard Andrew Platek said. “I think we played, not well, but we had effort … our effort was there. We were gassed at the end of the game; we just didn’t play at the level I know we can play at.

“We didn’t do it and we can’t think about what would have happened if (Anthony) was here or Leaky was here. North Carolina played and North Carolina lost, so that’s what we’ve got to focus on.”

With Anthony and Black out, the Tar Heels used a patchwork backcourt that managed to successfully run the offense, with assists on nine of 12 first-half field goals.

Then, as has happened in three straight games, the wheels came off for Carolina as its offense fell apart and its defense wasn’t much better, allowing Wofford to run off a 16-0 run.

Remembering some painful and sometimes embarrassing losses to UNC and years of ESPN east coast bias I’d like see a statement game from our Zags. One like defeating Duke in Maui but by a bunch. A statement that says “We have arrived”!
    “We are Gonzaga”
    Blow their doors off boys, do it for all those before you.
    Zags 84
    UNC 69
    We’re banged up and so are they so who’s got the most left in the tank?
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

It really is a shame that NC just lost to Wofford, and also that both teams are banged up. It would have been great to have both teams at full strength and a great matchup.

GU 73
    NC 65

carolina probably won't even be ranked coming in now...really wish they could have found a way to beat wofford...zags need to dominate this game now or the optics will look bad.

I knew Carolina was down this year, but this down? Jeez. And for that reason I think it’ll be all that much more bitter a pill to swallow when the Zags fall 74-68. I’m that guy- the one who doesn’t think the Zags can ever beat UNC until it they do.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Zags 85 UNC 75.
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.