• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Gonzaga vs Arizona Post Game thoughts and analysis

Zags win 84 to 80.

I had UCLA flashback for a second. Geesh.

Kispert, gilder,joel and woolridge had great games.

Where is everyone?
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Make a Free Throw!!!

Comment

• Zags11
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

The ending was so bad. We literally collapsed.

Comment

• caldwellzag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2018

The way we played the first 19 minutes of the second half we are the best team in the country. Last minute not so much.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Interestingly, the final margin is about right. Four points plus 5 for the road win and we are 9 better than the Millers. GU is number 6, let’s not forget.

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

We won....nuff said

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
              Make a Free Throw!!!
              This.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• GonzaGAW
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

- just win baby, win.............and win they did, so lets be happy, and trying to keep the hand ringing to a minimum.

- yes we shot poorly at the line, but for all the complaints, free throw shooting has not cost us a game this year.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Will count as a good win. -- that works for me.

We secured the auto dance ticket....from the Pac12.

Comment

• Zags11
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                    We won....nuff said
                    We did but you dont think they have to have a learning experience?

Comment

• Zagceo
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

Congrats to Zags.....all that matters is W on the road

Comment

• Zagceo
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
                        We did but you dont think they have to have a learning experience?

its the road

Comment

• Zags11
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                          its the road
                          Exactly. Shouldnt blow almost a 16 point lead in 2minutes. Its a good learning experience.

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs Arizona Post Game thoughts and analysis

Gonzaga 84
                            Arizona 80

A great victory for the Zags on ARIZONA'S home court! Just an awesome effort by the Zags. Congrats to Mark Few and staff. It was a great game plan, and they got the team ready to play in a very very very tough environment.

The game wasn't really this close. Gonzaga pretty much dominated Arizona the second half, getting a lead up to 16 points. However, the Zags couldn't hit a foul shot in the last couple minutes and Arizona got hot. ARIZONA closed it to 2 points and to my surprise Woolridge hit to free throws to ice the game. Finally someone stepped up and hit a foul shot. Foul shooting was bad the whole night and Few really needs to do something about this. Petrusev especially is really bad, and right now worse than Karnowski was. No excuse for that. He shot 4-9, and twice missed two in a row. Ayayi was 2-4 from the line and one of those was the front end of a one and one in the last 40 seconds. Overall the Zags shot 17-30 for 57%. The good thing about it is that we did shoot 30 foul shots to Arizona's 13. Arizona was 12-13; so I'm glad we weren't fouling them the second half. Most of their foul shots were the first half. I believe they shot 10 of those 13 the first half.

One of the big keys to the game was Woolridge's defense on Mannion, Arizona's star Freshman point guard. Mannion shot 3-20 for the game and 1-10 from beyond the 3 point line. Gilder also had a huge game. His best by far. He made 4-4 from behind the arch, and scored 16 points for the game. By far his best game. He was also 2-3 from the foul line. His 3 point shooting was beautiful. I felt Kispert had a good game scoring 18 points and leading the Zags in scoring. He wasn't really all that on from behind the 3 point line (2-7) but was 2-2 from the Foul Line and he scored 5 two point baskets. It was good to see him scoring in other ways. KIspert also led the Zags in rebounding with 8. Very good. Petrusive had a good game as he scored 17 points and 7 boards.

Rebounding was pretty even, ARIZONA with 44 and the Zags with 43. The Zags did give up 17 offensive boards though which was really really bad, and most of them were in the beginning of the game; and the Zags did begin to clean that up as the game wore on.

The key to the win really was the defense as we held them to 38% shooting for the game, and just 26% from behind the 3 point line. They shot just 8-30 from behind the arch. I believe they were like 1-15 at half time; so you can see they shot better the second half, and especially in the last 3 or 4 minutes. Overall the Zags did a good job on their two star freshmen, NInaji and Mannion. Ninaji was held to 16 points, and just 6 the second half. Ninaji did clean up on the boards in a big way. He managed to get 17.

It was a great win.
                            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Zags11
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

Reborn we have one my man. I waited for u to make it but i didnt know if u were on.

Comment

Working...
                              X