View Poll Results: GUnit of the Game: @ Arizona ?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gilder

28 22.76%
  • Petrusev

8 6.50%
  • Ayayi

19 15.45%
  • Kispert

48 39.02%
  • Timme

1 0.81%
  • Woolridge

14 11.38%
  • Tillie

2 1.63%
  • Mark Few

3 2.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GUnit of the Game - @ Arizona - 12. 14. 19

Was at the game. Woolridge is my GUnit and it’s not close.

Nico was freaking 3 for 20. Ryan was the main cog in cutting the head of the snake.

And obviously the 2 free throws at the end, staring into the Zona Zoo.

Incredible to watch the Zags conquer another milestone. A win at Tucson.

Going with Gilder. Nice to see him in good form. We’re going to need the Texans doing well to beat UNC.

I went with Kispert .....because he MADE both of his FT's ...Gilder a very close second but he missed a FT.....17-30 is pitiful!!! Zags will lose some games this year in the WCC if they don't fix the free throw situation!!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

I went for Woolridge. Yes! I said Woolridge. He did a really good job managing the offense along with Ayayi, and he did a really great job holding down one of the best point guards in the country. Mannion was someone we all knew that we had to contain if we were going to win and we did just that. Woolridge was really working his butt off. I'm proud of him. He even made two foul shots at the end of the game to ice it. Gilder was a close second, as he had his best game of the year. I could just as easily went with him as player of the game. Good to see him making those key shots.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I went with Gilder, just as easily could have gone with Kispert or Ayayi.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Tillie had a good 5 min stretch yet at least 3, maybe 4 players deserve it ahead of him tonight imo

Hoping hes ok for UNC though, will desperately be needed
    He was getting on a roll, and like I said it's based on him playing the last seven minutes. Would've been a blowout imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    I went with Gilder, just as easily could have gone with Kispert or Ayayi.
    That is the really nice thing about this team. They are all good, and in any game almost all of them could be the player of the game. Honestly, it really is difficult to pick just one.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

kispert with strong overall play throughout and great leadership...he didn't have a great long range shooting game, but contributed in many ways...this is what the zags need out of him.

Totally a team win with very solid defensive effort (for 38 minutes!).

My vote goes to Gilder, edging out Ayayi by a nose. But without the fine efforts of Kispert, Filip, Tillie, Timme, and Woolridge, we don't grab the "W". Tip of the hat to the coaching staff who kept us "sawing wood" even when the scoreboard wasn't showing it. Great win Zags!!!!! So proud of this effort in a hostile McHale.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=277409

Arizona was 36-78 from the field.
    Voted for Aye Yay Yay. So cool under pressure — I'm really astounded at how he manages the ball under high pressure in tight spaces. Cool, calm, collected. I can't remember a point guard with that much poise; maybe Raivio.

I haven't read the other posts yet, but I have to give a shout out to Dilly Dilly, Master Tillie. His three and presence on the perimeter in the second half is undoubtedly what opened the inside game. We couldn't get anything in the paint the first half. Suddenly, it's the Petrušev show, thanks to Tillie and other guys (like Admon) making their outside shots. I felt that was the game changer. Arizona had no answer to that, and it continued over and over.

Did anyone think that Tillie had a bunch of made 3's? I was amazed to look at the box score and see that he only had 1/6. Maybe it was just the threat that truly altered the game. We need him on Wednesday and I hope his ankle is OK...that looked pretty bad on the replay.

Great team effort. Huge hump to get over for this team. Arizona's 15-1 run at the end just about ended me, but man, they pulled it off.

I wanted to vote team, but I'm giving a strong shout out to Timme. Nnaji was eating our lunch early, and coming back for seconds. When Drew came in, he was laying a big boy body into Zeke. The whole Wildcat attack had to adjust ... The interior wasn't as inviting and UofA went bombs away.
    So many brackets, so little time.

I'll add that Ayayi's assist to turnover rate tonight was 7 assists to 1 turnover. Really impressive.

In addition, his Offensive Rating (Offensive Rating is points produced by a player per 100 possessions) was 138.9!! Next best was Woolridge at 88.6.

I'm still undecided. Woolridge's defense impressed me a lot, but going back and looking at Ayayi's game, he was really good.

Ayayi just continues to turn in complete performances and he is amazingly consistent.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I'm still undecided. Woolridge's defense impressed me a lot, but going back and looking at Ayayi's game, he was really good.

Ayayi just continues to turn in complete performances and he is amazingly consistent.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Gilder looks to be getting healthy again. At least healthier.

Once 100%, does he return as starter?

Does he lose his starting nod due to injury, or does Joel retain his position?

This might be thread worthy, yet either way, hope they are ok with their new roles.

I suspect Ayayi holds on to his starting position yet Gilder took a step forward last night, yet still doesnt look 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    I voted Gilder. He hit big shot after big shot. I have been waiting for him to step up and he did.
    +1. We need him to hit shots when they matter and he sure did that last night.

Eta: A lot of mixed opinions here on GUinut tells me that this is a great team win where everybody contributed in a big way.

Few. Period. End of story.

Kispert - The Glue!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Gilder provided a huge lift with 16 points off the bench: 4-4 from three, 2-3 from the free throw line, grabbed eight rebounds and chipped in three assists.
    Ding, Ding.............we have a winner. Also, really impressed with CK leadership throughout the game.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Woolridge for getting Mannion to build a brickwall with his shooting
    Voted Woolridge, but really it was a team game, there were four or five guys who stood out.