Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head to Head: Zags vs. Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I'd bet on the Zags in that one.
    I would go with the Zags at home, but which Zag team do you take on a neutral site?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    I think their 2017 team is way more formidable myself. I watched them play Pepperdine, Wake Forest and Penn. also against Baylor .... not impressed one bit. Doesn’t mean they are a bad team, but they certainly don’t have their best team in 5 years at least imo
    Ayton's single season in Tucson? Man, that team had talent, but poor chemistry and something was just off with them.

2014-15 counts as in the last 5 years, right? I would definitely take that team. TJ, Hollis-Jefferson, Ashley, Stanley Johnson.

edited--I would take the previous year w/ Gordon and Nick Johnson hands down, but they are outside the 5 year window

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Ayton's single season in Tucson? Man, that team had talent, but poor chemistry and something was just off with them.

2014-15 counts as in the last 5 years, right? I would definitely take that team. TJ, Hollis-Jefferson, Ashley, Stanley Johnson.

edited--I would take the previous year w/ Gordon and Nick Johnson hands down, but they are outside the 5 year window
    Which one had Markkanen?
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Which one had Markkanen?
    I'm ashamed to admit I was overlooking that season. He was 2016-17, Atyon arrived the next year. That was a strange year too, w/ the Trier suspension. Early on it was mostly Fr. carrying the team probably overachieving somewhat.

Vegas line is Arizona -3.0. Started at -3.5.