Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 115

Thread: The 2019 - 20 NET Rankings Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane South Side
    Posts
    17,184

    Default

    Gonzaga now #3 in the net rankings: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Gonzaga now #3 in the net rankings: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings
    Really starting to look plausible we can attain a #1 NET rank. SDSU and Baylor will definitely drop a game or 2 at some point. Question is: will we drop a random one, too?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Curious...

    Why/how have we played 5 more games this season than both Kansas and Baylor?

    We've played 21 games to their 16

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Curious...

    Why/how have we played 5 more games this season than both Kansas and Baylor?

    We've played 21 games to their 16
    Their seasons last about a week longer which accounts for a couple and we also lose one this week.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Really starting to look plausible we can attain a #1 NET rank. SDSU and Baylor will definitely drop a game or 2 at some point. Question is: will we drop a random one, too?

    Definitely? I hope so.
    Parlez-vous français?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Really starting to look plausible we can attain a #1 NET rank. SDSU and Baylor will definitely drop a game or 2 at some point. Question is: will we drop a random one, too?
    Even though I’m a ZAG fanatic, I still am concerned that we have away games at SMC, SCU, USF, Pepperdine and BYU...those will all be tough games and when we play at BYU and Childs is healthy that outcome will be in doubt...no way BYU misses that many open 3’s at home.

    I’m not sure SDSU will lose a game through their conference tournament...If we lose one or two of the five games I mentioned above (which is possible) then SDSU will most likely be a #1 seed and GU a #2 seed...either way we will be in Spokane for the first two games.

    It is conceivable that we run the gauntlet but highly unlikely BUT if we do, then IMO we will be the top seed in the Dance and SDSU could also be a #1 seed playing in another region...

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Even though I’m a ZAG fanatic, I still am concerned that we have away games at SMC, SCU, USF, Pepperdine and BYU...those will all be tough games and when we play at BYU and Childs is healthy that outcome will be in doubt...no way BYU misses that many open 3’s at home.

    I’m not sure SDSU will lose a game through their conference tournament...If we lose one or two of the five games I mentioned above (which is possible) then SDSU will most likely be a #1 seed and GU a #2 seed...either way we will be in Spokane for the first two games.

    It is conceivable that we run the gauntlet but highly unlikely BUT if we do, then IMO we will be the top seed in the Dance and SDSU could also be a #1 seed playing in another region...
    SDSU will choke away one or two at least.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,626

    Default

    It seems like every year the winners of the Big Ten, ACC, and SEC are given three of the 4 Number 1 seeds. Everybody else fights it out for the 4th slot.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    At the start of conference play:

    TM NET W-L
    GON 6 14-1
    SMC 30 13-2
    BYU 37 11-4
    SCU 87 13-2
    USF 103 11-4
    PAC 152 12-4
    PEP 181 7-7
    USD 209 7-8
    LMU 231 6-8
    POR 262 8-7
    Updated ( As of 1. 25. 20)


    TM NET W-L
    GON 3 21-1
    BYU 29 14-7
    SMC 33 17-4
    USF 93 14-7
    SCU 99 15-5
    PAC 126 13-8
    PEP 137 11-10
    USD 211 7-14
    LMU 226 7-13
    POR 260 7-13


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,706

    Default

    7 of ten trending up, 2 only slightly down & SCU.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Polls notwithstanding, cannot be upset by Zags rating behind Baylor and SDSU. Baylor’s SOS is inarguably higher than GU. Not true for SDSU. However, it hasn’t been that long since we Zag fans were dismayed that ratings and rankings failed to reward a Zag record superior to programs rated higher. I remember how that felt. Hope SDSU gets a number one before they lose.

    Too magnanimous? Easy; time is on Zags’ side, and they’ll likely be seeded equal or above both. When you have confidence, graciousness is not difficult.

    Doesn’t mean I don’t hope and expect this year’s team to return to the Final Four. Coach Few has said, after that, it’s a crapshoot. An injury, a call, a bounce or a bad night can cause any team to lose on a given night.

    Or WIN!

    Go Zags!!! Refuse to lose!!!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,626

    Default

    Another resource for tracking Quadrant Wins and Losses, as well as various metrics related to the bracket. Link posted in the General Basketball forum also.

    https://bracketresearch.com/team-qua...osses-tracker/

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,626

    Default An Update on the NET

    The first NET number was as of games played 1/12/20. Second number is as of 2/27/20

    GU 7 / 3
    BYU 32 / 14
    SMC 44 / 32
    USF 97 / 97

    PAC 130 / 109
    PEP 151 / 134
    SCU 75 / 137
    POR 225 / 278
    USD 234 / 211
    LMU 241 / 204

    OOC FOES:

    ORE - 13 / 20
    ARIZ - 18 / 7
    MICH - 29 / 22
    WASH - 51 / 63
    UNC - 116 / 95
    TAMU - 118 / 116
    UTA - 143 / 128
    EWU - 163 / 145
    NO DAK - 205 / 243
    CSUB - 261 / 285
    TX SO - 266 / 262
    DETMCY - 304 / 306
    SO MISS - 315 /270
    ALA ST - 343 / 336
    ARK PB - 345 / 347


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,706

    Default

    Thanks Reno.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    SMC is 31 a/o this morning (30 would make tomorrow a Q1 game for the Zags).

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The first NET number was as of games played 1/12/20. Second number is as of 2/27/20

    GU 7 / 3
    BYU 32 / 14
    SMC 44 / 32
    USF 97 / 97

    PAC 130 / 109
    PEP 151 / 134
    SCU 75 / 137
    POR 225 / 278
    USD 234 / 211
    LMU 241 / 204

    OOC FOES:

    ORE - 13 / 20
    ARIZ - 18 / 7
    MICH - 29 / 22
    WASH - 51 / 63
    UNC - 116 / 95
    TAMU - 118 / 116
    UTA - 143 / 128
    EWU - 163 / 145
    NO DAK - 205 / 243
    CSUB - 261 / 285
    TX SO - 266 / 262
    DETMCY - 304 / 306
    SO MISS - 315 /270
    ALA ST - 343 / 336
    ARK PB - 345 / 347

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,626

    Default

    Serves me right for trusting the CBS Sports website, GZ, dagnabit.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    SMC is 31 a/o this morning (30 would make tomorrow a Q1 game for the Zags).

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings
    Not sure how these numbers work. Any chance SMC moves up just for playing zags (even with an L)?

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Serves me right for trusting the CBS Sports website, GZ, dagnabit.
    What I don’t know is whether or not there is a chance that a GU win tomorrow night could increase SMC’s net to 30 or better. Be nice if that were the case.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    SMC is 31 a/o this morning (30 would make tomorrow a Q1 game for the Zags).

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings
    From my understanding it doesn't matter what SMC is in the NET tomorrow, it matters what there ranked in the final ranking. If they're 30 tomorrow and 31 in the end it is a quad 2 game.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    so the moral of the story is we want SMC in finals of WCC tourney, because they would have had to beat BYU, a team that can survive a loss and still remain Quad 1.....
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    896

    Default

    When we played Texas A&M they were in the 200's in NET, now they're 8-7 in the SEC and a solid Quad 2 win.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,669

    Default

    Again and it's that time of year ......and how in the world does a small school get to be a no 1 pick! If you sit back and enjoy our history, you'll just smile. Something nearly impossible has happened and is happening as this future unfolds before our eyes. Ive never seen anything like this. NET 3. No 3 and a 1 seed. Amazing.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    57,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    From my understanding it doesn't matter what SMC is in the NET tomorrow, it matters what there ranked in the final ranking. If they're 30 tomorrow and 31 in the end it is a quad 2 game.
    This is correct. Larry Weir was discussing this on his podcast the other day and had it wrong. What matters is the net rankings in the days leading up to Selection Sunday - not the net ranking at the time of the game.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,626

    Default

    As of this morning: Zags #2, BYU #10, SMC # 31

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    GU NET ranking up to #2 behind Kansas in latest NET rankings

    I looked through GU's NET team sheet here (https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi...03,%202020.pdf). Our current profile:

    Quad 1: 6-2
    Quad 2: 3-0
    Quad 3: 10-0 (who would have thought UNC win would turn out to be only Quad 3?)
    Quad 4: 10-0 (only 3 of our Q4 games are vs WCC which is a sign of a improvement. 7 Quad 4 games in OOC is too many for us to schedule IMO)

    Some interesting notes:
    UW has a NET of 70. If they fall below 75, we lose that Quad 1 win
    Santa Clara has a NET of 139. Our home win vs them is Quad 3 as is our Away win. If they can somehow move up 3 spots to 136, then our road win improves to a Quad 2. Might have to beat Portland and Pepp to do it-not sure if that is enough though.
    Quad 2 win vs 133 Pepperdine could fall to Quad 3 if they drop below 135 though. We could see SC and Pepp swap places in our profile depending on WCC results

    To recap:

    Hope UW doesn't fall below 75
    Root for SMC to stay above 30
    Look for the Broncos to improve to 136 and/or Pepp to stay above 135


    ...and above all of these-Zags keep winning and pick up 2 quad 1 wins in Vegas.

    Best case profile would be

    Quad 1: 8-2
    Quad 2: 4-0
    Quad 3: 9-0
    Quad 4: 10-0

    Interesting to see the other team sheets as well and how they compare.

    ZZ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •