Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Withers: Double-digit UW win in a rematch?

Default Withers: Double-digit UW win in a rematch?

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I tend to agree with Withers.

UW ain't likely to shoot 3's that good again, and Zags could shoot them better.

Watson played really well against McDaniels last year in the playoffs.
    Timme is only going to get better.
    Admon is a career 40% shooter from 3. He will be healthy.

I would take the Zags by 10 before the Huskies.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

zags brought out the best in the huskies...expect the same down in zona. everyone is gunning to take down the best in the west...from zona's perspective, probably to reclaim the title.

End of the day, Zags didn’t play all that well. Shot 48 percent. Just opportunistic and Husks played young and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    End of the day, Zags didn’t play all that well. Shot 48 percent. Just opportunistic and Husks played young and dumb.
    This........................really easy to write that UW shoulda, woulda, coulda. Maybe if that game later in the year is at Key Arena??

Back to reality, 13 out of 14!!

Go ZAGS

The spirit of Don Quixote is alive on the other side of the mountains. This giant UW lost to wasn’t a windmill.

The Huskies have great players. They don’t have a great team. I don’t know if they can get 10 points better than the Zags (7 points better on a neutral floor) with even an 80’s-style music montage.

Huskies are not likely to change from a "me first" to a "team first" attitude...... as their best players are simply auditioning for the NBA....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Huskies are not likely to change from a "me first" to a "team first" attitude...... as their best players are simply auditioning for the NBA....
    Exactly. As will all future 5 star Husks. We’ve had one or two as well.

The Huskies are good. The Zags are better
    I’d put $ on that not changing .... this season or next!

No disrespect to the Huskies. They don’t have Few. I hope the huskies make the Dance and we see them again in the Arena
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    The Huskies are good. The Zags are better
    I’d put $ on that not changing .... this season or next!

No disrespect to the Huskies. They don’t have Few. I hope the huskies make the Dance and we see them again in the Arena
    That would be epic. Scalpers will make a fortune.

What? A KJR jock extolling a futuristic revisionist history of the U-Dub GU game? Opinion and conjecture intended to placate the local populous listening in the A.M.

At least this morning jock wasn’t caught trying to satiate his hedonistic needs in Bellevue.

The Zags are going to get better. The Freshmen will be near Sophomores emotionally and physically by March. They buy into culture and team. The U-Dub doesn’t right now, and in my opinion won’t in the future.

U-Dub won’t shoot the 3 as well if they play again in March......Zags by 12+

We got the win against the Dawgs. Would prefer not to play them anytime in March.

In the rematch, do the refs call the obvious trip on Woolridge that lead to him being crumpled up on the floor while Hameir Wright was casually hitting an undefended three?

https://youtu.be/h_DzomBtqFg?t=567

As poor as UW's shot selection looked, a good amount of those ill advised 3s were going in. They shoot them at 31% typically and were making them at 39%. They made more than half their field goals. We could have played a lot better on both sides of the court...they were playing above their numbers. Not to mention that we are playing hurt, have just as many new faces as they do, and were playing in their house. Not really sure what they anticipate tipping in their favor in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    In the rematch, do the refs call the obvious trip on Woolridge that lead to him being crumpled up on the floor while Hameir Wright was casually hitting an undefended three?

Doesn't matter. There are bad calls in every game. One might go the Zags way next time.

Players, Coaches and refs make mistakes.

If Corey played the proper defense on an out of bounds play, he wouldn't have given up an and one. He stood in the middle of the key with his back to the out of bounds line. Never saw the ball until huge UW guy caught it in the air and shot it while being fouled by Kispert.

Point is, nobody's perfect, including the refs.

I'm curious why they weren't urged to go to a video review of the play.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    This is so true
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

I'm curious why they weren't urged to go to a video review of the play.
    Judgement calls are not reviewable.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    without doubt, and some more imperfect than others for whatever reasons

Doesn't matter. There are bad calls in every game. One might go the Zags way next time.

Players, Coaches and refs make mistakes.

If Corey played the proper defense on an out of bounds play, he wouldn't have given up an and one. He stood in the middle of the key with his back to the out of bounds line. Never saw the ball until huge UW guy caught it in the air and shot it while being fouled by Kispert.

I don’t think you can defend that inbounds play while facing the ball because you’d have no idea where your guy is... until he flies past you for an alley oop dunk. It seems to me that players face guard all of the time on inbounds plays.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I don’t think you can defend that inbounds play while facing the ball because you’d have no idea where your guy is... until he flies past you for an alley oop dunk. It seems to me that players face guard all of the time on inbounds plays.

He really wasn’t face guarding. If he had been the guy wouldn’t have gotten a running start. Six feet of space between him and his man. At any rate, see the ball/see your man is fundamental. Cory didn’t appear to see either. After the play he was looking around like, “What just happened???”

He really wasn’t face guarding. If he had been the guy wouldn’t have gotten a running start. Six feet of space between him and his man. At any rate, see the ball/see your man is fundamental. Cory didn’t appear to see either. After the play he was looking around like, “What just happened???”
    While ignorant speculation is fun and all, sometimes you can just watch a replay and prevent posting nonsene. (2min40sec)

-There was no running start
    -There was no 6 feet of separation between CK and Carter
    -So called "Huge UW guy" is slightly smaller than CK
    -It's very common to not be able to see both the ball and your man guarding an inbounds pass, especially if close to the endline
    -CK saw his man, and not the ball, and his man is a much better leaper who had a head start since it was a set play designed to take advantage of Carter's unusually good hops and the athletic mismatch.

I'm not sure what a competent coach (or any of GU's coaches) would tell CK or the team to do different next time. Maybe have Tillie try to yell something to Corey? (maybe he did... it was evidently too loud to hear in there)

Glad I'm not the only one who is still pissed off about that one.

Zags played ok, UW played ok. Gonzaga simply played better!
    There were calls missed on both sides, the officiating overall was pretty good.
    If I had picked 6 different numbers last week my chances of winning the lottery would have been better too.......

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    While ignorant speculation is fun and all, sometimes you can just watch a replay and prevent posting nonsene. (2min40sec)

-There was no running start
    -There was no 6 feet of separation between CK and Carter
    -So called "Huge UW guy" is slightly smaller than CK
    -It's very common to not be able to see both the ball and your man guarding an inbounds pass, especially if close to the endline
    -CK saw his man, and not the ball, and his man is a much better leaper who had a head start since it was a set play designed to take advantage of Carter's unusually good hops and the athletic mismatch.

I'm not sure what a competent coach (or any of GU's coaches) would tell CK or the team to do different next time. Maybe have Tillie try to yell something to Corey? (maybe he did... it was evidently too loud to hear in there)
    Tile angle was wrong it was flat to the basket when his primary job is prevent pass into paint on inbounds
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few