Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Arizona - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Defense wins these types of games. Our bigs need to lock down theirs. I have no doubt Mannion can be guarded by Woolrich or Joel if Joel puts his mind in this one. It'll be a close one and I really don't care what ESPN says or thinks. We need this one and the next one. Zags rule. Defense. Continue 3 pt shooting. When will Adner light things up!!!! Get better!
    I think it's great that we can rely on you to say "Defense wins ___ game."

You're right.

Unless a team is Golden State, which relies on never missing their shots.

But yes, since our defense took a shot up in about 2014-2015 when we started appearing on KenPom as one of the bestter defensive teams that is when we've gone deep in the tourney again.

Zags 84
    UA - 78
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Gonzaga 84
    Arizona 76

It's time for us to hit 10 three's. The Ninja Shooters wake up!

The speed of Woolridge along with the savoy of Ayayi is something beautiful to see.

The kind of defense we played against UW, lots of steals.

Hoping to see Watson play at full speed again and have a good game. I would like to see what the Zags look like when he's playing at full speed against a ranked team.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Arizona 75
    Gonzaga 73
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-14-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Gonzaga 78
    Arizona 72
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Arizona with 3 widely projected first round (possibly high first round) draft picks.

Gonzaga has a good chance, but I think Arizona's ceiling, as a team, is higher than GU's. In their home environment and looking for their first signature resume win, it could be tough for GU.

It will require outstanding team effort and communication to slow him down but Nico Mannion presents a great opportunity for Ryan Woolridge in particular. I love Woolridge’s competitiveness and believe playing vs a projected lottery pick freshman on ESPN will inspire him to a great performance.

Let’s go Zags. Play best game of season yet and let the world know Mark Few has reloaded!

Zags 79
    Zona 73

Anton Watson, weary of all the hype about the opponents’ great freshmen players, has a breakout performance as Zags’ leading scorer w 27 pts
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Red face Something Smells in Denmark (Arizona), methinks

Arizona Makes a Smell, a Shakespearean sonnet
    <ahem>
    Roses are red,
    "Smells" stink like sin,
    Bulldogs break eighty,
    Wildcats break wind.

-------
    Sweet Smell of Success - 88
    One Stinker of a Game - 73

:]

<Kiddwell's mom used to call those doodads "Smells.">
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Gonzaga 86 Arizona 74

GU needs to win at least one of the next two games. That’s all I care about.
    Parlez-vous français?

Good 3-point and FT shooting, pressure in-their-faces defense, and NO injuries. A win, and Zags will be favored in all remaining games, except one late season away tilt.

Zags 88
    Cats 81

Go Zags! Stick to UA.

Gonzaga 87, Arizona 82. Christmas party that night with co-workers (non Gonzaga fans, frankly I don’t think they like college ball) Is it rude to ask the host to turn on the game? Going to be a great game!

Zags in OT win 91-90
    A real crowd pleaser with both teams giving their all.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

I want a close solid game and NO injuries

Zags. 74
    Cats. 79

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    GU needs to win at least one of the next two games. That’s all I care about.
    Yup. Splitting the next two, and not laying any eggs in conference, should wrap up the protected seed for Spokane. Win both, and we move up into the top 3 in the rankings. How many of us expected them to be 10-1 at this point? My hat is off to the staff and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Yup. Splitting the next two, and not laying any eggs in conference, should wrap up the protected seed for Spokane. Win both, and we move up into the top 3 in the rankings. How many of us expected them to be 10-1 at this point? My hat is off to the staff and the players.
    I did not "expect" us to be 10-1, but I am not shocked; this is a talented team. I still say the Michigan loss is a quality loss; we were playing on tired legs after 3 games in 3 days.

Christmas party that night with co-workers (non Gonzaga fans, frankly I don’t think they like college ball) Is it rude to ask the host to turn on the game? Going to be a great game!
    I will also be attending a Christmas party, but will bring my laptop just in case (I can stream ESPN2 through the app). The party is going to be hosted by a devout Christian, so no alcohol will be served, but a Zags win will provide all the buzz I need!

The key to the game is that we need to control Nico Mannion, otherwise it will be a long night.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

Zags 82
    Zona 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Depends. Is the Arizona team that only beat Pepperdine by 2 going to show up, or is the Arizona team that beat Omaha by 50 going to show up? For comparison, the Gaels only beat Omaha by 9. The latter Arizona team will be tough to beat.

Zags 93
    Cats 87

Go Zags - Beat the Cats!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Depends. Is the Arizona team that only beat Pepperdine by 2 going to show up, or is the Arizona team that beat Omaha by 50 going to show up? For comparison, the Gaels only beat Omaha by 9. The latter Arizona team will be tough to beat.
    I look at it differently. The GU team that knocked off the Huskies in HecEd can beat the AZ team that beat Omaha by 50 in McHale.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I live in Phoenix and have a lot of Family/Friends that are big Cats fans. This year the majority of them definitely have a “man I just hope we can stay close to the Zags” mindset. When we played in Tucson 5 years ago most still had the “Zags are overrated, weak conference, don’t deserve to be in the same sentence as Cats” mindset. The shift has been pretty interesting.

I’m in the camp that thinks Arizona is a Top 10 team this year and a road win for our Zags will be a tall order. I’ll be making the drive down tomorrow along with about 10 other former Zags, so really hope I’m wrong!

Zags - 76
    U of A - 80

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    The party is going to be hosted by a devout Christian, so no alcohol will be served, but a Zags win will provide all the buzz I need!.
    Sounds like a puritan, maybe an Adventist, but what does Christianity have to do with alcohol abstinence? Christ and the apostles drank alcohol, wine is prominently featured in the Catholic eucharist. Think I'd skip that party, crack a brew, and enjoy the zags domination on the big screen.

They have a major home team advantage. We're 1.3rd through the season. We've been tested and came up mostly roses. If our bigs are tough and push back while our guards shoot well and play defense like there's no tomorrow, Zags win. FT's are just so KEY as is defense. It'll be a tussle but when looking at the head to head data, it's a tossup. Get tough Zags, clear the mechanism, no noise. Bring a national TV victory home. Zags by 5.

78-74 Zags

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk