Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Arizona - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

GU 90
    AU 75

I think the Zags will like the weather - and shoot better 3s. Very impressed w/ Woolridge against UW. Zags are simply improving on teamwork. Passing especially. AU will have a difficult time keeping the Zags from scoring.

I hope to see Gilder & Watson getting a few points.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

UW beat Baylor easily.................so ZAGS 86-79 even with the McHale bump.

Equally as important, no Walton in this next Conference of Champions tilt.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post

Yup, guaranteed. Flop sweat, everywhere.

On the other hand, this game has been predicted as the most likely game this season the Zags don't win. I'm sweating and nervous too.

I remember a Saturday game not too terribly long ago when I had to navigate watching ESPN with getting my little girl to an indoor soccer match (thankfully, the ARENA offers both beer + popcorn and large screen TVs while you watch your kid get nutmegged).

Went to overtime. It came down to "watch KID," or "Watch Zags." I was certain that Pangos and team would notch out the win. Yeah, nutmegged. That was painful.

I don't know if our Zaggies will prevail this time, but I'm sure Sean will pour out a few gallons, and Fewie will have a laugh at Coach Spigot.

OK, that's my prediction.

(Sorry for the too large image. Not my fault).
    Wow. You would think that with all of the money Nike is paying Arizona to have the players wear Nike shoes, they would have a little left over to comp the coach a pack of Nike Dri-Fit undershirts.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    UW beat Baylor easily.................
    Go ZAGS
    Um...a come from behind 3 point win qualifies as easily? Checked out the play by play, Baylor led pretty much the whole way, by 10+ for a good chunk of the 2nd half. UW finally grabbed a lead w/ 29 seconds left in the game. Yep, they killed Baylor. You must be thinking of a different game.

Zags getting healthier by the day, Tillie looking like the Tillie of years gone by. If Watson can contribute 15-20 solid minutes and Woolridge controls his "handles", this one should fall into the "W" column for GU. Winning a big one on the road in Seattle carries over to Tucson.

ZAGS CARVE UP THE 'CATS
    Gonzaga 92
    Arizona 85
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

zags the better team...but on the road after finals week too much to overcome...

There's the good news and the bad.
    The bad is our heads aren't enough in fight mode off Final's week.
    The good is AZ is going to be all worked up from the Baylor loss, play very well, and take it all out on Nebraska.
    They will be back to normal when they play us, but I hope we will slap ourselves in the face, or take cold showers, or something to get our heads into the focus and intensity it will take to win.
    Besides on a righteous indignation sidebar, I am still pissed at that program for offering 100k to a recruit's family,
    if we have to play teams that bribe top players we play with a disadvantage that shouldn't be there
    GU 88
    AZ 84

GU - 87 -67
    Last edited by zag67; 12-10-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Defense wins these types of games. Our bigs need to lock down theirs. I have no doubt Mannion can be guarded by Woolrich or Joel if Joel puts his mind in this one. It'll be a close one and I really don't care what ESPN says or thinks. We need this one and the next one. Zags rule. Defense. Continue 3 pt shooting. When will Adner light things up!!!! Get better!

Us 89
    Them 80

Need Anton healthy and at the front of the press

Zags should win this one, but another tough one on the road, after finals makes me twinge a bit. Regardless,

UA 84
    GU 89
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

Zags win 84-78

Go Zags ! Beat the Cats.
    GU - 84 UofA - 81

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Um...a come from behind 3 point win qualifies as easily? Checked out the play by play, Baylor led pretty much the whole way, by 10+ for a good chunk of the 2nd half. UW finally grabbed a lead w/ 29 seconds left in the game. Yep, they killed Baylor. You must be thinking of a different game.
    Wow, I was definitely NOT thinking of that game. Thanks, Seacat, I have been watching too much CBB.

Still go with the ZAGS, but in a nail biter.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerzag View Post
    It is finals week.

I really hope the Zags show up bright eyed and bushy tailed not zombie like as they have in for first game after finals week in previous years.

https://www.gonzaga.edu/academics/ac...demic-calendar
    I think Zags are well aware of the opportunity this true road game vs Top 20 opponent presents in terms of tourney resume and seeding ramifications. ESPN in prime time on aSaturday night with no college football games being played. Great spotlight for Zags; I hope they demonstrate same kind of great team play, balanced scoring and guts as they did on the road vs UW. Continued week of healing for guys who are banged up and greater attention to D, which I expect coaches are emphasizing this week after UW shot over 50%.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

UW beat Baylor easily.................so ZAGS 86-79 even with the McHale bump.

Equally as important, no Walton in this next Conference of Champions tilt.

Go ZAGS
    No Walton is a major key.

This game fast became a mediocre win/bad loss. Kind of a bummer combo going into McHale. Hoping with don't lay an egg. It's ours to lose. If we play methodically like we did at UDub, we win.

Steven Karr
    @SKarrG0
    ·
    2h
    Dave Feldman and Sean Farnham calling Gonzaga-Arizona on Saturday night.

Always tough playing down at McHale. The crowd will be behind their Cats. Am worried Arizona going wild and hitting their 3's. They shoot at nearly a 40% from 3 land. Their fg% is 10th in the nation. On top of that, they score a ton of points. Our perimeter defense has to be good to beat them. Gonna be a tough game for the Zags to win.

Wow, I was definitely NOT thinking of that game. Thanks, Seacat, I have been watching too much CBB.

Still go with the ZAGS, but in a nail biter.

Go ZAGS
    Transitive properties in sports in all, doesn't really having any bearing on this game. I just thought, "hmm, I remember that game being fairly close."

Arizona looked good early in the season, but not so much for a troubling stretch. Initially I thought the Cats were finally poised to win a game against GU, but now I feel like the Zags will take it. No prediction on the score.

Both teams have shown they can score, I know it seems a bit obvious, but the team that plays the best defence on the night will win.....

The Zags have shown they have to date, so I am picking them with a 10 point win in a tough environment.

Bulldogs 90
    Wildcats 80

I just want to see the same effort and intensity as I just saw in the uw game. I thought everyone played well except glider and he must dealing with an injury. I hope az play the way they did this weekend and if they do we get a hard fought win.

Zags 85

Az 79

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Steven Karr
    @SKarrG0
    ·
    2h
    Dave Feldman and Sean Farnham calling Gonzaga-Arizona on Saturday night.
    Cool, I like Farnham. As long as Uncle Bill Walton is nowhere near Tucson that night, then I am happy. WOOF WOOF !!
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

Arizona has a gimme game tonight. It’s probably going to be a tuneup to play against us, but just maybe Omaha can run them around a bit.

Want to see good 3 pt defense and Petrusev step up the defensive game.

91 Zags
    87 Arizona

Arizona 82
    Zags 85

Ayayi holds Mannon in check and Watson is healthy.