Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweet from Filip

Default Tweet from Filip

Filip Petrušev
    @PetrusevFilip
    ·
    52m
    Louder than the Kennel “this year”, hope that changes!!! #gozags

The lack of spirit DOES affect the players. I'm talking about the kennel club AND the people who sit on their thumbs through the whole game. The guy next to us the other night who is a season ticket holder did not clap ONE time and left early. SMH

Glad that the players are speaking up! We drove 4 hours from Montana, paid $150 for tickets, and loved every second of the Texas Southern blowout.

It was a rivalry game between two ranked teams......on ESPN.....

Wake the hell up fans !

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Glad that the players are speaking up! We drove 4 hours from Montana, paid $150 for tickets, and loved every second of the Texas Southern blowout.
    We've been lucky enough to attend all the home games so far. (That will not be the case with NC) and we yell, scream, clap, stand....and we are older! lol We are there because we love the team and want to show our support.

Philip - way to stand up and call it to attention. Well done.

MY thinking is this... If the people on the camera side of the court are going to be passive, switch the cameras to the other side and show the student section the entire game. Something tells me the students would be far more animated the entire game if they knew they were going to be on TV the whole time. Meanwhile the folks actually on the TV during the game are either comatose or aren't actually watching the game because they never move other than to the concession stands or bathrooms. JMHO... stop complaining about the students and complain full-throated about the warm lumps of coal that make up the other 3/4 of the crowd.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

The place will be rocking for Detroit Mercy...

Women's BB now has 4600 STHs....more then the men....few few students.....yet we make lots of noise....lots of energy....

the problem is apathy with those having ST's for the men not understanding their privilege to do so....its become just another event to them.....

which is why in Vegas, you get wild and loud and animated fans......most of them are the ones that don't get to go to the mens games in Spokane....

perhaps shakeup letter to STH's????.....need to come and STAY for the whole game....need to participate....need to turn in your ST's if you don't have the love you once did, and let others pick them up...

The thing that is the saddest to me is all the empty seats! I understand the annoyance of getting tickets to a fan when you can't attend, but man I'd drive right out to your house to pick them up and pay a little more than face value to boot. I live an hour from Spokane, but given a 2 hour heads up before game time I'd be on my way.

I don't think current students bother with this message board. We're like old men balcony muppets.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Philip - way to stand up and call it to attention. Well done.
    This.

As a 2009 alum, it seems like it was almost yesterday that I was camping in tent city, waiting for the Washington State at Gonzaga game in 2007. It was one of the most electric environments that I’ve ever seen. Students and fans alike had a chip on their shoulder, because, even though Gonzaga had sustained a level of success, we still felt that we were getting disrespected. Almost an us against the world mentality. We lost the game that night, but I tell you what, there isn’t a damn thing more that the crowd could have done to change the outcome.

I attend games now, and am frankly rather disappointed in the environment. Since 2017, we finally have earned the respect of the nation...The respect we fought so long to earn. Due to all of the success, it seems that we’ve forgotten where we came from.

The real work begins once Zombie Nation ends and that ball tips...Make some noise, Kennel Club.

LC State, ASU (the other one), Arkansas Pine Bluff, North Dakota, Texas Arlington, CSU Bakersfield, Texas Southern...

Up next: UNC, Eastern WA, Detroit Mercy.

Don't lie... A lot of you tune out during games at a certain point too, and not just because the WCC feed craps out.

Here's Filip's full quote on the crowd tonight at UW.

"They were louder than The Kennel lately."

Then talks about how it was tough to hear and how the team had to use hand signals to communicate.

There is a video of him speaking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    Here's Filip's full quote on the crowd tonight at UW.

"They were louder than The Kennel lately."

Then talks about how it was tough to hear and how the team had to use hand signals to communicate.

There is a video of him speaking as well.
    He also agreed with my tweet that basically said "KC has got used to winning and doesn't care to show up for mid tier games. We all have got spoiled".
    Love the zags for life

Mid tier games is an overstatement. Let see how many UW kids show up to games with some of the scrubs we have played this year.

Good on Filip; bad on Roth, et al. for egregious OOC sked; boo to students for being so young and independent minded.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good on Filip; bad on Roth, et al. for egregious OOC sked; boo to students for being so young and independent minded.
    It is such a shame and I hate young and independent minded students of which I was one when I was young AND I just feel youth is so wasted on the young...they just don't know how to appreciate it!!!

As JohnOGU stated:

I attend games now, and am frankly rather disappointed in the environment. Since 2017, we finally have earned the respect of the nation...The respect we fought so long to earn. Due to all of the success, it seems that we’ve forgotten where we came from.

Guys, perhaps we're being a tad too harsh. I was at GU starting 1996. In 1996 the Kennel Club wasn't exactly packing the stands for each and every game like it was following the first elite 8 performance shortly thereafter. Gonzaga basketball became nationally relevant, and that excitement and newness is what brought 3x the number of students to the games, and quite frankly justified the building of McCarthy.

We're just on the "other end" of the spectrum now, where national relevance and dominance is not new anymore. You can criticize all you want how spoiled the new generation is, but from the average college student's perspective Gonzaga has ALWAYS been good from the time they could hold a basketball. It's not lightning in a bottle anymore, so I could understand why a student might choose a night out at the movies instead of screaming their heads off at the game.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I dont think its harsh at all Its unacceptable imo. I've been to a cpl games this year and have never seen it so empty or quiet. Our advantage is our students. The other side of that is the general public cannot go to games and would love to get a chance to be vocal and root on the team.
    America's Team!

It is their lawn now...

Cart before the horse, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    The place will be rocking for Detroit Mercy...
    Funniest post I've seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    Mid tier games is an overstatement. Let see how many UW kids show up to games with some of the scrubs we have played this year.
    Agree.

And I know for a FACT that Cameron Indoor isn't as rowdy for games like Colorado State, Central Arkansas or Stephen F Austin (oops) as they are for Carolina and other ACC Rivals.

And I know for a FACT that Hec Ed isn't as rowdy for games like South Dakota, Seattle, etc as they were last night.

Everything is relative ... and with over 150 faculty and staff overnighting last night for UNC tickets ... I've got a feeling K2 will be hopping on December 18 (as it should be).

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ