Thread: Post game radio GU-UW

Default Post game radio GU-UW

Hudson and Morrison: Thrilling game in Seattle where GU knocks off UW 83-76 in front of a full house. The score sheet says time with the lead GU 37 minutes but it wasn't that easy. GU would push the lead out and UW would come right back. The Zags dropped in a couple dagger threes but UW didn't fold. Both teams 11-14 from the free throw line, UW outshot GU from the floor 51% to 48% but the Zags had 5 more field goals. 5 Zags in double figures: Petrusev 17, Gilder 16, Tillie and Kispert 15 and Ayayi 12 including the huge three at the end. For UW Stewart was as advertised at 21 and 10. Carter and McDaniels 15. GU won the boards 37-30.

Ayayi, somebody had to take the shot and the ball was in my hands so I just took it. It was crazy cool here. It is a big rivalry and we just wanted to show them we were the best team in the state. Hudson said they came down and made a shot and you guys came down and made it shot, it was just a heck of a game. Ayayi, yeah it was a high level game. It's a positive to win like this on the road, winning a close game and now we have two more tough games coming up. This was a big start.

Michaelson: This was high quality game. this was alot of fun, when this place was rocking like this, it is just a great place to play. How we were going to respond to rogue whistles, big shots by UW and some untimely TO's I was just really proud of this group. Drew and Anton had some big minutes considering the foul trouble they had and the limited minutes they saw. Woolridge confidence was great, his energy and his speed and tonight it was how he finished. I don't know the last time I saw a body like Stewart and Woolridge went right at him. And it is tough playing against that zone. Kispert played a lot of minutes and he hit that big three to start the half and then he hit three free throws. This is big from a confidence level, Oregon was a tough win in the Bahama and Michigan was just tough, but this is different winning on the road like this. And Arizona is just special and playing really really well and that is a tough place to win too.

Hudson mentioned that pass from Ayayi to Kispert was a Blake Stepp type pass and Hudson had to chuckle as he said I'm not sure Joel even knows who Blake is. Hudson noted again a couple of those Woolridge drives against Stewart were just special going against a big body like that.GU pushed the lead to 7 late but UW hit a big three and then Tillie hit a big three with the shot clock running down, there was no pass, no dribble penetration and that shot was all Tillie. And then in a three point game Ayayi hit the dagger three on a night when he finished 4-13 from the floor. He still had the courage to take that shot when UW was making another run. Ammo mentioned the "French Nationals" hit the two big shots tonight. That'll do it until Arizona.

Thanks for the recap 116.

Thank you! Love these recaps!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Thank you! Love these recaps!
    Me too! We always listen on the way home from a game when we get to go but never think of it when we watch from home. I'm glad you cover it.

A big thank you for your recaps!

My favorite thread. Your diligence and consistency is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Great recap with 1 correction:

Woolridge with 16pts (8-11!), Gilder with 4, in 10 minutes.

thank you all season 116

Thanks for the correction Ltown!

Recaps are amazing.
    Love the zags for life

Thank you Section! This is always first thread I read after a game.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Thanks and good work Scoop.

Tanx!
    Got to say, “Go Zags!” to Morrison & Hudson at the airport on Saturday
    Fine human specimens both!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png