View Poll Results: GUnit of the Game - Washington - 12. 08. 19 ??

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kispert

1 0.68%
  • Petrusev

14 9.59%
  • Woolridge

32 21.92%
  • Tillie

82 56.16%
  • Ayayi

12 8.22%
  • Other ( and why. . .)

5 3.42%
  • Gilder

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GUnit of the Game - @ Washington Huskies 12. 08. 19

For first time EVER, I could not choose. But I was there and I will say this: the Kennel so has it over Hec Ed. They just don’t bring it!

Went with Woolridge, as he needed to step up his game and did. If he’d deffered as in the past the Zags would have lost despite the nice games by Tillie, Petrusev, Corey and Ayayi. Tillie is really amazing but this mvp goes to the guy who had something to prove and did. The turnovers are a knock against him but he more than made up for them with those drives and tough finishes.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Tillie. Without his high-low passing their zone would've had us for lunch. Great team effort up and down the line. Now let's beat the Zona cheaters!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    And legal recreational substances.
    When you can't beat 'em...

Tillie played his game. He’s the heart of the team. Six assists!

Great job starters.
    Parlez-vous français?

I voted other. Coach Hopkins is a huge upgrade over Coach Romar, but he got out-coached in this one. Coach Few is my GUnit.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Walton spends more time talking about other subjects that pop into his head and really does an injustice to the players on the floor who make some great plays but get no commentary because of Bill. Not a fan.
    The hallmark of a second class person is the resentment of another's success-R.W. Emerson
    Whatever you focus your mind on grows, grow a rose garden and not a weed patch-Dr Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I voted other. Coach Hopkins is a huge upgrade over Coach Romar, but he got out-coached in this one. Coach Few is my GUnit.
    After watching other Washington games. Hopkins is trying to figure out how to get the kids to play together. To many me first players. They can go deep if he figures it out. Ultra athletic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Impressed with Hop’s sincere kudos to Few at end. Classy.

Woolridge...just because. Really great, great play from all the players.

Woolridge QB'ed this one.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    For first time EVER, I could not choose. But I was there and I will say this: the Kennel so has it over Hec Ed. They just don’t bring it!
    Petrusev disagrees. Tweeted they were louder than the kennel.
    Last edited by tummydoc; 12-08-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Had to go with Tillie, although Ryan pulled us through some tight moments,
    Tillie 6 assists, my Lord, and 4 steals, way to go, shooting not hot but got his share

Tillie would be my pick but so many Zags stepped up and made huge plays. Those two put backs by Timme and one or two by Kispert were huge.
    This Washington team could be the most athletic team that the Zags play in the regular season. I think they are better than Michigan. North Carolina
    does not have the fire power (need we mention their last two games) that Washington has and I don't think Arizona has as many weapons (they almost
    lost to Pepperdine). I am very pumped for the games with North Carolina and Arizona after seeing how well they played tonight. If they had missed
    a few of those last threes and did not have some timely put backs, Washington would have won. They have some incredible talent. Woolridge was tremendous, he just needs
    to slow down sometime and not try to force the issue that results in a turnover after he just forced one. Can't believe they did not call a foul when his legs got knocked out from under him.

I forget which team it was a few years ago, maybe duke, maybe KU, but they were just steamrolling teams and a coach came out and said he actually wished they had more turnovers, that they were playing it too safe and that sometimes there is such a thing as good or ok turnovers. That’s how I felt about Woolridge today.

- went with woolridge, I know he had 5 turnovers, but of the starting 5, I think he clearly raised the level of his game more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    He really drew up some great stuff.

I said before the game that I didn’t expect much out of Woolridge and he played great (minus the aforementioned turnovers that I forgot about). I didn’t think his game would translate well against zone but he found some weak spots and attacked with the dribble. His defense was very good, too.

I had to go with Tillie, who had a great overall game and hit that gigantic shot with the game in the balance.

voted tillie for the overall game and clutch shot...wish he would be even more assertive. kudos to woolridge for not getting too outta control...that zone could have easily sped him up and he managed the game well and didn't force much...an ongoing struggle with him.

Could easily make a case for as many as 4 players. I think Woolridge was they key though, he played within himself. When he is able to finish it changes everything, he is the one player that can play at a completely different speed. I also see the other players getting more familiar how and when he is going to pass as he drives.

If Wool had 1-2 turnovers instead of 5 and some near TOs, it’d be an all time great game for a Zag point guard.

Woolridge -- solid and steady
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    If Wool had 1-2 turnovers instead of 5 and some near TOs, it’d be an all time great game for a Zag point guard.
    To me he is very impressive. His ability to change speeds on a dime and his anticipation on defence is so valuable. Played 39 min and I dont think he attempted a shot outside side the paint. Highly unusual.

I voted for Filip, but after watching the Ayayi three to seal the deal, not sure anyone but Joel deserves this. Huge huge win for us on the road verse the Pac-12's defending champs on top of being In-State rivalry game, this win speaks volumes!

Have to go with Tillie, he is the "match-up problem" that allows everyone else to do what they do. Having an athletic 6'-10" guy who can play both inside and outside is a HUGE game changer for the ZAGS. UW had no answer for him on defense, he can shoot over the zone from 3 and play high/low from the stripe or the block. He is also so unselfish, he could have taken that 3 from the top at least a half dozen times but chose to pass for the better shot.

One thing I noticed at the game last night was personnel rotation...........once or twice both Tillie and Kispert were on the bench together and the offense (especially from 3) stagnated, as there was no real threat from behind the arc (Joel may have something to say about this as the year goes on). Small observation on an overall great game from everyone.

Comment on atmosphere at Hec-Ed last night............really loud (10k at Hec-Ed vs. 6k at the Kennel) but the UW student section was VERY lacking in any kind of originality. "Tillie Sucks" didn't really get the job done........and it didn't get any better from there. There were actually a few "We are... GU" chants in the 2nd half that were pretty loud. As usual, the GU faithful represented really well.

Also, I hate that the UW moved the students up to the top of the lower section instead of leaving them down at court level. I hope the Kennel NEVER does that, the kids need to be at court level, as that is what sets the Kennel apart from a lot of student sections.

Great win in a hostile environment.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    One of those TO's was a BS no call when he tried to dribble through a trap, and the UW player stuck his leg out and tripped him, no foul was called and UW came down and hit a 3. 5 point swing on a terrible call.