Page 73 of 121 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3010

Thread: Other Game Threads Graveyard v1

  1. #1801
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,447

    Default

    SDSU knocks off BYU, 76-71


    Sent via mobile device
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-09-2019 at 04:34 PM.


    Basketball Web Sites Listing

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  2. #1802
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    SDSU knocks off BYU


    Sent via mobile device
    Ugh.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #1803
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Seton Hall loses their star player Myles Powell to a 'serious ankle injury'.

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-ankle-injury

  4. #1804
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,447

    Default

    Texas Southern gives Wichita State a run for their money; Shockers win 69 - 63.

    Sun Belt Conference representative UT Arlington defeats Tulsa, 73 - 59, their second win on the young season.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-10-2019 at 08:12 AM.

  5. #1805
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,815

    Default

    Don't anybody tell sylean, but Kelly Graves and the Oregon women's bball team is threatening to beat the National Team on what is supposed to be a pre-Olympics warmup tour. Sabrina Ionescu is absolutely killing a bunch of WNBA players.

  6. #1806
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Ugh.
    SDSU usually does pretty well in the Mountain West. I always have a hard time rooting for just one WCC team and for that I ask forgiveness. The Marriott Center was raging and the home announcers were sympathetic to the crowd’s emotional tilt as usual. I had to fast forward through most of the game.

    Aztecs 76
    Opponent 71
    Parlez-vous français?

  7. #1807
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    SDSU usually does pretty well in the Mountain West. I always have a hard time rooting for just one WCC team and for that I ask forgiveness. The Marriott Center was raging and the home announcers were sympathetic to the crowd’s emotional tilt as usual. I had to fast forward through most of the game.

    Aztecs 76
    Opponent 71
    Sure, SDSU isn't Utah Valley, and yet that is sort of my point, too. We keep waiting for a year when BYU starts to win these OOC games at home, the non-cupcakes. Maybe they'll pick up one here soon, but this is too common.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  8. #1808
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Sure, SDSU isn't Utah Valley, and yet that is sort of my point, too. We keep waiting for a year when BYU starts to win these OOC games at home, the non-cupcakes. Maybe they'll pick up one here soon, but this is too common.
    No Yoeli Childs for BYU really hurts.

    He averaged 21 & 10 last season

    They will be a load once he returns. They lacked an inside punch tonight, would likely win with Childs

  9. #1809
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,447

    Default

    Pepperdine wins. USF has a comfortable lead over Princeton, 69 - 56, with 5:12 to play.

    LMU leading Nevada, 26 - 20 with 6:05 remaining in the 1st Half

  10. #1810
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    I'm told that what's good for the WCC is for each of our teams to do well but I can't....just can't. Rudest fans in Vegas, biggest floppers..whatev. I will continue to get scolded for not hoping they win. Don't care.
    I wouldn't say rudest. Individually, BYU fans are quite nice/kind/considerate, I'd say more entitled & delusional than anything.

    They kind of act as if they are owed or almost deserve the WCC Title for participating or something, otherwise, I enjoy their company & cheerful presence.

  11. #1811
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,447

    Default

    UNR comes back to defeat LMU, 72 - 67

    https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/col...nt/2550337001/


    Oregon leads Boise State by 33 with 11:20 to play in the game.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-10-2019 at 08:08 AM.

  12. #1812
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    No Yoeli Childs for BYU really hurts.

    He averaged 21 & 10 last season

    They will be a load once he returns. They lacked an inside punch tonight, would likely win with Childs
    I really think if Childs isnt suspended and Baxter isnt hurt BYU was going to be in the NCAA tourney. Hopefully they dont lose too many non-con games before Childs gets back. They have a pretty tough schedule in the non-con.

  13. #1813
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,178

    Default

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-vs-d-opponent

    With its 143-49 victory over Mississippi Valley State on Friday night, Utah set the NCAA record for the largest scoring margin against a Division I opponent since the NCAA tournament was introduced in the 1938-39 season.

    The 94-point win surpassed the previous margin-of-victory mark of 91, set by Tulsa against Prairie View in December 1995.

    Utah also broke some school records: 143 points shattered a mark that had stood since 1960, when the Utes scored 132 points against Evansville. Utah's 73-point second half set a record for points in a half, surpassing the 71-point first half the Utes also had against Evansville.

  14. #1814
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,939

    Default

    C’mon, Larry.

  15. #1815
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    I wouldn't say rudest. Individually, BYU fans are quite nice/kind/considerate, I'd say more entitled & delusional than anything.

    They kind of act as if they are owed or almost deserve the WCC Title for participating or something, otherwise, I enjoy their company & cheerful presence.
    I'm sure their fan base would call us entitled and arrogant, but when you walk the walk...
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  16. #1816
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    They had two players with triple doubles. Don't remember seeing that before.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  17. #1817
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,447

    Default

    bump

  18. #1818
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    They had two players with triple doubles. Don't remember seeing that before.
    I thought it was interesting that it only matched Utah's largest margin of victory, they once beat Salt Lake High School by 94.

  19. #1819
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    C’mon, Larry.
    I get it Jazz, but looks like everyone got lot's of PT:

    https://kenpom.com/box.php?g=259
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  20. #1820
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I get it Jazz, but looks like everyone got lot's of PT:

    https://kenpom.com/box.php?g=259
    Man oh man, though.

    I know about "practicing up" on cupcakes and that, but that is flat embarrassing for them.

    Unless he was playing 4 walk-ons the last 10-12 minutes, that's just … I'd be embarrassed as a Ute fan.

    One doesn't want to break some records.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  21. #1821
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    884

    Default

    #6 Florida shooting 9 for 40 and currently down 14 points with 9 minutes left. They trail Zag foes FSU (unranked) who appear, again, underestimated.

  22. #1822
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    12,908

    Default

    if you can defend the 3 by not allowing catch and shoots and forcing the bounce, and if you can support that with strong rim and paint protection, you have a chance to beat anyone

  23. #1823
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    #6 Florida shooting 9 for 40 and currently down 14 points with 9 minutes left. They trail Zag foes FSU (unranked) who appear, again, underestimated.
    FsU is just weird.

    Always a huge guy who comes outta nowhere, and fits their system to a T.

    Then around 5 or 6 tough, strong, muscled up 6'6" guys who play everything from SG to PF.

    They always go 9 or 10 deep,.and never stop running at you.

    1 or 2 are good shooters but never great, and their coach subs relentlessly to keep them fresh, and always rides the hot hand.

    Does this with mostly 3* athletes, who play hard, and a super tall under skilled hyper athlete at center.

    Usually unranked to start the season yet always finish Top 25, with a handful of marque wins, and inexplicable losses.

    Every year is the same formula

  24. #1824
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,309

    Default

    Fsu just tough.
    Love the zags for life

  25. #1825
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    FsU is just weird.

    Always a huge guy who comes outta nowhere, and fits their system to a T.

    Then around 5 or 6 tough, strong, muscled up 6'6" guys who play everything from SG to PF.

    They always go 9 or 10 deep,.and never stop running at you.

    1 or 2 are good shooters but never great, and their coach subs relentlessly to keep them fresh, and always rides the hot hand.

    Does this with mostly 3* athletes, who play hard, and a super tall under skilled hyper athlete at center.

    Usually unranked to start the season yet always finish Top 25, with a handful of marque wins, and inexplicable losses.

    Every year is the same formula
    FSU wins. Coach Hamilton is a great coach. He will never be able to out recruit Duke and North Carolina, but he finds kids who can still compete in the ACC and then coaches them up. He recruits tough kids who want to work and who buy into his aggressive, physical style of play. Their year-round strength and conditioning program has to be among the best in college basketball. They work hard all year so that they are conditioned for the aggressive defensive style that his teams play.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •