Page 44 of 121 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3010

Thread: Other Game Threads Graveyard v1

  1. #1076
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    541

    Default

    It's got to hurt recruiting. Bramdon may never see the Dance. Where is that AD that always shows up and tells the press he is in support of Miller. I havn't seen him in a while.

  2. #1077
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outraged View Post
    It's got to hurt recruiting. Bramdon may never see the Dance. Where is that AD that always shows up and tells the press he is in support of Miller. I havn't seen him in a while.
    Working on his exit plan.

  3. #1078
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    996

    Default Other Games 2/19

    UW moving up from "others receiving votes" to #25 or #24 is GU's best hope at gaining another top 25/ranked win.

    Unfortunately both the #25 #24 teams won tonight - Maryland (24) when they had been behind with a few seconds left.

    Former opponenet Texas A&M is losing to Alabama as well.

  4. #1079
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    OK, one day premature, but the Washington Post reports that tickets for Wednesday’s UNC - DUKE game
    are going for $3,300 a pop. “Priceless!”

  5. #1080
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    996

    Default

    TExas A&M pulls out the Win!

    And Baylor got a nice road win over a ranked Iowa. 4yr GU player Rem Bakamus is a grad student and asst coach there.

  6. #1081
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    TExas A&M pulls out the Win!

    And Baylor got a nice road win over a ranked Iowa. 4yr GU player Rem Bakamus is a grad student and asst coach there.
    Slight correction: that's Iowa State, and it knocks them two games out of first in the Big 12. Kansas can still pull it out...dammit.

  7. #1082
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    OK, one day premature, but the Washington Post reports that tickets for Wednesday’s UNC - DUKE game
    are going for $3,300 a pop. “Priceless!”
    Way back when, I had season tickets for UTEP, and they were the hottest tickets in town in the mid 80s. The year Georgetown played UTEP in El Paso (it took a two for one to get them here), scalpers were getting a few hundred for a nosebleed seat. I know, it doesn't quite compare to today's pricing, but I still remember that game.

  8. #1083
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Way back when, I had season tickets for UTEP, and they were the hottest tickets in town in the mid 80s. The year Georgetown played UTEP in El Paso (it took a two for one to get them here), scalpers were getting a few hundred for a nosebleed seat. I know, it doesn't quite compare to today's pricing, but I still remember that game.
    Must have a few years on you TZF because....... I remember with great fondness the great 65-66 Texas Western team! A story for the ages, sticking it to an all white Kentucky team with the first ever all black starting five. Rupp was never the same after that and the story goes he just couldn’t let it go, even ruminating on his death bed about it.They lost once that year, to Seattle University in Seattle by two points. I was there and even as a Seattle U student - athlete wanted both teams to win. Believe to this day that losing to Seattle helped win them the national title. Great team, good book, good movie. Almost cried when their name was changed to University of Texas El Paso. Just loved Texas Western!

  9. #1084
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Must have a few years on you TZF because....... I remember with great fondness the great 65-66 Texas Western team! A story for the ages, sticking it to an all white Kentucky team with the first ever all black starting five. Rupp was never the same after that and the story goes he just couldn’t let it go, even ruminating on his death bed about it.They lost once that year, to Seattle University in Seattle by two points. I was there and even as a Seattle U student - athlete wanted both teams to win. Believe to this day that losing to Seattle helped win them the national title. Great team, good book, good movie. Almost cried when their name was changed to University of Texas El Paso. Just loved Texas Western!
    The Army took me down to El Paso shortly after graduation in 1976. After 4 years in Germany, I was ready to return to the Sun City. I stayed for about 15 years before moving to North Texas. Love the city, best Mexican food in the world. Don Haskins knew how to get the most from his players.

  10. #1085
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    I want no part of Buffalo before the Sweet 16. We already had our Wichita state game.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

  11. #1086
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,973

    Default Other games today 2/20/2019

    Nova getting destroyed in Ewings house.

  12. #1087
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Who do we as Zag fans want in Duke vs. UNC?

    A lot to dislike with each team, so leaving that aside....what benefits us the most?
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  13. #1088
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Who do we as Zag fans want in Duke vs. UNC?

    A lot to dislike with each team, so leaving that aside....what benefits us the most?
    I hate both teams. can they both lose?

  14. #1089
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I hate both teams. can they both lose?
    if only...
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  15. #1090
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    McClung (freshmen) high scorer 21 Georgetown

  16. #1091
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    double OT Duke win? reverse in rematch

  17. #1092
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,802

    Default

    Orangemen taking Louisville to the woodshed. No doubt Syracuse will make the Dance.

  18. #1093
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Who do we as Zag fans want in Duke vs. UNC?

    A lot to dislike with each team, so leaving that aside....what benefits us the most?

    We don't want UNC with a case for a #1 seed.

    Duke's case has already been made and won't be unmade.

  19. #1094
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    We don't want UNC with a case for a #1 seed.

    Duke's case has already been made and won't be unmade.
    That's sort of what I thought....I can buy that.

    And I like the idea of a series split between the two of them as well...
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  20. #1095
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Zion goes down. Hope he’s OK. It’s a “Thin Blue ( injury ) Line” between winning and disaster.

    Take note, Zags. No More Injuries!!

  21. #1096
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    Zion blows out of his NIKE shoe..I think he tweaked his groin? hamstring?

  22. #1097
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,036

    Thumbs up

    Neither UNC or Duke plays the kind of in your face, pestering D that really bothers the Zags,
    I like our chance against both. Need to put a body on May, though!

  23. #1098
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Cheering for Carolina to take this one. Especially at Cameron Indoor. Can't stand Duke.

  24. #1099
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Nineteen, as in 19, missed 3’s so far!

  25. #1100
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    Zion KNEE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •