Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UNC Injury News

Default UNC Injury News

Looks like we aren't the only team losing players due to Injury.

"CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – North Carolina will be without guards Cole Anthony and Leaky Black for Sunday’s game at Carmichael Arena versus Wofford.

Anthony, Carolina’s leading scorer and the second-leading scorer among freshmen in the nation at 19.1 points per game, is out indefinitely due to a right knee injury. Treatment plans will be evaluated and determined in next few days.

Black, a sophomore who has started every game at small forward and has been Carolina’s top backup at the point, has a sprained right foot that limited his performance in the last four games. He is out on a game-to-game basis."

https://247sports.com/college/north-...Out-140576419/

Huge losses for UNC.

Aww, that’s a shame, as Jerry would say. Isn’t Luke Eyebrows Maye still there?

Default Pass Me Another Tissue Please ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Looks like we aren't the only team losing players due to Injury.

"CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – North Carolina will be without guards Cole Anthony and Leaky Black for Sunday’s game at Carmichael Arena versus Wofford.

Anthony, Carolina’s leading scorer and the second-leading scorer among freshmen in the nation at 19.1 points per game, is out indefinitely due to a right knee injury. Treatment plans will be evaluated and determined in next few days.

Black, a sophomore who has started every game at small forward and has been Carolina’s top backup at the point, has a sprained right foot that limited his performance in the last four games. He is out on a game-to-game basis."

https://247sports.com/college/north-...Out-140576419/

Huge losses for UNC.
    And I feel just awful about it! Simply awful...really.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Folks, Cole Anthony IS North Carolina. If he plays great, UNC can beat talented teams. If he's injured or plays mediocre, you see Ohio State blow them out of the Dean Dome or see Wofford beat them.

My gut feeling is that this could be a year where UNC doesn't make the tournament. The Zags cannot afford to lose to them at the Kennel on Wed. night. Gonzaga's frontcourt should have a field day as UNC is unusually undersized for a UNC team.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Aww, that’s a shame, as Jerry would say. Isn’t Luke Eyebrows Maye still there?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    I hope I’m misreading your tones. If I’m not, these are poor reactions for two reasons:

1. We want to face our opponents at full strength every time out;
    2. Most importantly, it’s not good form to take pleasure in opponents’ physical injuries merely because your colors have a better chance of winning. I take my Zags as seriously as anyone, but not more seriously than the wellness of a student-athlete.
    Last edited by zagdontzig; 12-15-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Tainted

We want a victory but it means a lot more if the opposition is not weakened by injury. Sounds like UNC has got major injury issues. SO lets win without the "well wishers" and let's show some class and respect our opponents. We win these next few and we'll be a no 1 seed and likely no 1 or 2 in the land. Its a bit early in the season as we usually obtain that when big time schools lose in conference. Who knows though, this team is improving despite some injuries. Tillie key. Watson may be out but he hasn't had time to develop as indispensable player just yet.

Lets just win games without the untoward jabs and people will like us as a no 1 and as a classy program. Go Zags! This may be our year to win it all when it's least expected because of our losses of superior players.

their boards are on full meltdown mode. Most of them don't even thing they're worthy of an NIT berth this year. If you watched the post woffard presser with Roy Williams, you aren't inspired by what UNC brings to the table. That being said......GU needs to establish dominance early and crush them.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Wish those players recover. Hard not to get caught up in a feeding frenzy when there's blood in the water. With Tillie's ankle, Anton's shoulder, Gilder and Woolridge's legs....cant help but feel we are one injury from being in the same boat as UNC. Mark's done a great job keeping the machine going with chewing gum and rubber bands.

zags are a complete team and can still function with broken or missing parts...unc this year is cole anthony option 1 -2 -3 so they go as he goes...which means just about anyone decent can beat them with him out until they adjust...it's not like they don't have talent. it would be a bad loss if the zags lost to unc without him playing. really unfortunate because i had absolute confidence in zags winning even with unc at full strength...now this game will be viewed with an asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    So do I. In fact, I might go to Target today to see if I can find a "get well soon" card to send to Cole Anthony (yeah right).

I could care less if NC may or may not have a sub-par season which would affect our SOS. It's only one game, and we have already beaten 4 quality opponents (A&M, UW, U of A, and Oregon). If we win this one, we should be a lock for Spokane Arena in March. I can't see us losing more than twice in WCC play.

We also need revenge after what they did to us last season at the Dean Dome. After the win in Tucson, I'm sure our youngsters have an aura of swagger around them, and we need to go for the kill. I plan on being fully hammered Wednesday night, and the Black Velvet tastes so much better when we have a nice 10 point lead throughout the game.

Texas A&M (KP 161) nearly lost to Texas A&M CC (KP 298) yesterday. . .

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    So do I. In fact, I might go to Target today to see if I can find a "get well soon" card to send to Cole Anthony (yeah right).
    This kind of talk is crap. We're a better fan base than this.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Folks, Cole Anthony IS North Carolina. If he plays great, UNC can beat talented teams. If he's injured or plays mediocre, you see Ohio State blow them out of the Dean Dome or see Wofford beat them.

My gut feeling is that this could be a year where UNC doesn't make the tournament. The Zags cannot afford to lose to them at the Kennel on Wed. night. Gonzaga's frontcourt should have a field day as UNC is unusually undersized for a UNC team.
    How does that happen? UNC pulls in at least a couple of 5*s every year. They have 4*s on their bench and get top transfers. I don't get it.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Can't imagine anyone happy about a athlete being injured...… does anyone know if they are actually out for the game on Weds....???

I hope not...want to see Woolridge do his thing on another talented guard ...
    Last edited by bartruff1; 12-16-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Can't imagine anyone happy about a athlete being injured...… does anyone know if they are actually out for the game on Weds....???

I hope not...want to see Woolridge do his thing on another talented guards ...
    This is how I feel. Let's wait and see if they play or not. Reports like this one are often misleading. North Carolina must have 4* players on their bench; so don't overlook them. I'm sure Few isn't. UNC will always be dangerous just because they are an elite basketball PROGRAM. I expect a tough game from them no matter who plays. Roy Williams is a great coach and he will have his team ready to play tough.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This just flat out sucks, for us, for them, for college basketball.

It's a special day when Gonzaga welcomes the University of North Carolina to the kennel, and we of course want them at full strength. Not to mention how important Anthony is to college basketball as a whole. The guy is a flat out stud.

Not nearly as excited now for this game. That said, our boys need to show up and show the depleted UNC team who's boss.

Go Zags.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

the team who Wofford beat isn't the same UNC team we'll see on Weds.

they played completely uninspired. almost care-free, in a bad way.

Their young frosh big, Bacot took terrible shots and didn't seem to care when he missed.

UNC is an elite rebounding club, esp offensively, yet barely crashed the boards. Their patented transition game was non existent, and they only hit a couple deep 3's late or could have been blown out.

They played ok defense, more to the fact they were better athletes, yet looked like the players weren't ready to play, no gameplan, and overlooking Wofford altogether.

I expect a much better team effort in Spokane. I don't think Cole Anthony plays, yet Leaky Blue (starting SF & back-up PG) should return from a mild foot sprain.

Roy Williams is a HOF coach. . .and he's not putting a CYO team on the floor. He had one day's notice on the injuries (he said he found out Saturday morning at 10:30). I expect he'll have his remaining pieces in a better position to compete than they did versus the Terriers yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    the team who Wofford beat isn't the same UNC team we'll see on Weds.

they played completely uninspired. almost care-free, in a bad way.

Their young frosh big, Bacot took terrible shots and didn't seem to care when he missed.

UNC is an elite rebounding club, esp offensively, yet barely crashed the boards. Their patented transition game was non existent, and they only hit a couple deep 3's late or could have been blown out.

They played ok defense, more to the fact they were better athletes, yet looked like the players weren't ready to play, no gameplan, and overlooking Wofford altogether.

I expect a much better team effort in Spokane. I don't think Cole Anthony plays, yet Leaky Blue (starting SF & back-up PG) should return from a mild foot sprain.
    Good post. I think it is Leaky Black. He just happens to wear a blue uniform.

They are going to be motivated. Their season is on the line and Roy is not going to let that go unnoticed. It is not like their bench is lacking in talent, they have top recruits capable of stepping up. Zags need to be ready to find and stop that player they didn't game plan for. How many times have we seen an unheralded player light us up.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I just want the Zags to beat UNC.

There won't be an asterisk denoting that they had injured players.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Still nervous about this game. It’s Carolina coming to town, regardless of who does and doesn’t play. A lot out there think this game is going to be a cake walk. Zags need to be dialed in and take care of business. Blocking out and limiting their offensive rebounding will be paramount. Need to bury them early

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    Not nearly as excited now for this game. That said, our boys need to show up and show the depleted UNC team who's boss.
    Go Zags.
    Exactly. It's not our fault that they are missing a couple of key players. Is anyone sending us any sympathy cards because of our injuries? Is there an asterisk next to the Detroit Pistons title of 1989, just because Magic Johnson was injured during the NBA Finals that year?

Sometimes in basketball, it is better to be lucky than good. We were lucky to win in McKale last Saturday. Now the dice is rolling our way again. Our young team needs to be sharks, they need to smell the blood in the water. A win against NC, no matter who is on the floor for them, will go a long way when the selection team seeds us in March.

I'm sure they still have more 5 stars than we do....

Remember, boys, that even after beating them you want them to show up the rest of the season and at least be a Quad 2 win for us by the end.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003