Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: ZAGS at UW - who will be there?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,320

    Default ZAGS at UW - who will be there?

    There was a VERY good showing of GU fans when we played at Hec Ed two years ago. The Zags did not disappoint. The only purple left in the building after the first half was the purple colored chairs. Zag fans were present and LOUD for the entire game.

    I expect a little more balance in fans this year as UW is nationally ranked and Hopkins offers more promise to develop his talented players into a good team.

    I will be there on Sunday, all decked out in Gonzaga attire and ready to make some noise.

    Where are the Zag fans gathering to enjoy some pre-game libations?

    GO ZAGS!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Wow... this is pretty grim. Nobody going to the game on Sunday? And this board has the audacity to criticize the kennel club’s lack of enthusiasm. ��

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    I rushed home from work tonight to watch the game. Imagine my surprise when I turn on the tv and it says the game isn’t until Sunday! Who rescheduled without telling me!?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    We got 8 tickets and will be in the house. 2 generations of Zags including my kid who was Spike in 2015-17. Look for the Black #6 Jersey in the stands. Go Zags

    ZZ

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Best Spike by far!! Interacted with kids at the women's games memorably.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    I will be flying in from Minneapolis for the game.

    Meeting up with a few more Zag fans when I arrive.

    Not sure about a pre game function yet believe there is a Zag watch/meet up at the Fremont Dock Bar & Grill before tip.

    Wonder if any bars/places closer to Campus?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    I will be flying in from Minneapolis for the game.

    Meeting up with a few more Zag fans when I arrive.

    Not sure about a pre game function yet believe there is a Zag watch/meet up at the Fremont Dock Bar & Grill before tip.

    Wonder if any bars/places closer to Campus?
    Wow, impressed. Gotta be the longest traveling fan. My annual to the Slim Gym is almost an overnighter.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Will be there sporting the colors proudly (very rare Pendo jersey, signed) with my Husky wife, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law. All are huge ZAG fans, even more than Husky BB fans. Pretty sure my sister-in-law will be decked out in ZAG gear, as their daughter is a ZAG grad!!

    Looking forward to another beatdown at Hec-Ed, sending the UW students home early...............

    Go ZAGS

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mead
    Posts
    220

    Default

    I’ll be there with my wife. My daughter is attending WWU in Bellingham. So we drove from Spokane to see her Friday and are going down to Seattle today. Told people tongue in cheek that I could not wait one more week to see her before she comes home for Christmas. And since we’re already on the West side, might as well go to the Zag game!

    I was there also two years ago and that was a great group of Zag fans and a great start to the game to fuel our cheers. Unfortunately I don’t think it will be quite so one sided this time.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Huge Seahawk game at 5. Seahawks are to Seattle what Zags are to Spokane. I'm seeing reasonably priced tickets on CL and assume stub hub etc. have tickets as well. Great opportunity for Zag fans who can live with missing the Seahawk game to get to Hec Ed/AAA.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    GAME DAY! Headed up around noon today. Looking forward to the traditional “Go Zags” exchange when I see anyone wearing GU attire. I hope to see A LOT of fans representing.

    This game makes me nervous, but I’m cautiously optimistic.

    GO ZAGS

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    564

    Default

    With the distance between the two cities at only 279 miles, I wonder how many Zags fans (wherever they are in the state of Washington) will be at Hec-Ed Pavilion. I would love it if this turned out to be a pseudo home game for the Zags.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    With the distance between the two cities at only 279 miles, I wonder how many Zags fans (wherever they are in the state of Washington) will be at Hec-Ed Pavilion. I would love it if this turned out to be a pseudo home game for the Zags.
    The distance isn't as important as the fact that it's a home game for a much larger school with a much more massive alumni base surrounding the stadium.

    If zags were playing Florida or Virginia or BYU 279 miles from Spokane it would be a de-facto home game. But not in Seattle against UW, when ticket sales were organized and prioritized for UW fans.

    I expect a good Zag fanbase, but not close to a majority.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    The distance isn't as important as the fact that it's a home game for a much larger school with a much more massive alumni base surrounding the stadium.

    If zags were playing Florida or Virginia or BYU 279 miles from Spokane it would be a de-facto home game. But not in Seattle against UW, when ticket sales were organized and prioritized for UW fans.
    I expect a good Zag fanbase, but not close to a majority.
    I know it’s a different UW team, but ratio of Zags to Dawgs two years ago was pretty close. Of course, GU took their fans out of the game right away. The game was never close. I expect that will not be the case this year but ya never know.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Anyone going to Fremont Dock bar for pre game festivities?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    Will be there sporting the colors proudly (very rare Pendo jersey, signed) with my Husky wife, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law. All are huge ZAG fans, even more than Husky BB fans. Pretty sure my sister-in-law will be decked out in ZAG gear, as their daughter is a ZAG grad!!

    Looking forward to another beatdown at Hec-Ed, sending the UW students home early...............

    Go ZAGS
    How do you get away with calling your wife husky?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    How do you get away with calling your wife husky?
    Setting the stage for the Peloton I got her for Christmas!!!!!!! She's gonna love it...............

    Go ZAGS

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,545

    Default

    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    Setting the stage for the Peloton I got her for Christmas!!!!!!! She's gonna love it...............

    Go ZAGS
    Bring back the OCC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •