Thread: Daniels went to Utah for a quieter life...

Default Daniels went to Utah for a quieter life...

... doesn't seem like it's working out how he planned: https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=22794358

I don't see how fans read that board and post. Worst format ever.

Donnie seems to be fine, just being "Donnie," the grown man who makes others better, in this case, "others" also being grown men.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Here's a July 2019 profile of Coach DD from the SLC Tribune

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...sistant-donny/

I must of missed a post or two as I was not aware that he was still coaching...thought he went there to retire...

Wish him the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I must of missed a post or two as I was not aware that he was still coaching...thought he went there to retire...

Wish him the best...
    I missed that, too. It almost seems like he is working as a sort of consultant. Interesting article. (I also didn't realize he was with Gonzaga for 9 years. Time flies...)

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I don't see how fans read that board and post. Worst format ever.

Donnie seems to be fine, just being "Donnie," the grown man who makes others better, in this case, "others" also being grown men.
    On the Coug message board there is a lot of complaining about the reffing in the second half of the game against the Utes. I saw the game and agree, they must have called something like 8 of 9 calls in a row against BYU, some of them I could not understand the foul.

BYU fans complaining about the officials after a loss..... I am shocked....shocked...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    On the Coug message board there is a lot of complaining about the reffing in the second half of the game against the Utes. I saw the game and agree, they must have called something like 8 of 9 calls in a row against BYU, some of them I could not understand the foul.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    BYU fans complaining about the officials after a loss..... I am shocked....shocked...
    Sorry but complaining about refs is a futile and desperate endeavor. I'm proud to say that after what ESPN pointed out as questionable reffing in the last 2:00 minutes of the 2017 title game, Zag fans realized there was another 38 minutes in the game, and didn't complain. Cougarboard is the holy grail of ref-bashing; football and basketball. Losses are always the refs' fault. And pointing to the foul disparity doesn't mean anything because MAYBE ONE TEAM COMMITTED MORE FOULS THAN THE OTHER. More than PAC12 refs, they complain about WCC refs, which is funny because the WCC doesn't have refs. They contract out. Not saying there aren't bad calls, but complaining about it after a loss is a really bad look. I for one hope Zag fans stay away from that.

One guy actually cited an academic journal article to justify the position that BYU's 16-point implosion was the refs' faults:

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=22790749

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Sorry but complaining about refs is a futile and desperate endeavor. I'm proud to say that after what ESPN pointed out as questionable reffing in the last 2:00 minutes of the 2017 title game, Zag fans realized there was another 38 minutes in the game, and didn't complain. Cougarboard is the holy grail of ref-bashing; football and basketball. Losses are always the refs' fault. And pointing to the foul disparity doesn't mean anything because MAYBE ONE TEAM COMMITTED MORE FOULS THAN THE OTHER. More than PAC12 refs, they complain about WCC refs, which is funny because the WCC doesn't have refs. They contract out. Not saying there aren't bad calls, but complaining about it after a loss is a really bad look. I for one hope Zag fans stay away from that.
    if the officiating sucks and you're getting dawged, weak to sit there and pretend it ain't so...I hate that look. if that's all you got, that's a different story, but recognizing poor officiating is a good look to me, especially one sided poorness