Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kennel Club 12/4/19 . ( And beyond. . .)

Default Kennel Club 12/4/19 . ( And beyond. . .)

KC is down to one lower section and that is not full. Band is at half strength. Assume it’s finals preparation but ouch. Long ago in college, going out and yelling for a few hours at the game was a great stress release. What the heck?

Worst attendance I’ve ever seen by the KC.

Maybe Roth has bigger headaches than the WCC non-feed.

Not sure I recall a smaller KC. Didn’t know they made that small of a student section! Pretty sad.

These are "buy games" where the school pays money to losing teams to make money from home game revenue without having to give up a home game the following year. Less students interested and willing to attend these games also = more ticket revenue from non-student attendance. So by those metrics games like this are the best case scenario for Gonzaga's accounting department.

Kennel Club for today's game...

Lamest student section that I can recall in my 36 years of going to Zag games

So sad

Apparently these students need a refresher on what we come from.

The 50 or 60 students who didn’t leave at halftime do deserve kudos

Used to winning leads to not caring vs crappy teams.
    Love the zags for life

For what it’s worth, the students have a weird schedule this year. This is the only week of classes after Thanksgiving, with finals next week. I imagine there are a ton of projects and papers due in the next two days.

Quote Originally Posted by hushpuppy View Post
    For what it’s worth, the students have a weird schedule this year. This is the only week of classes after Thanksgiving, with finals next week. I imagine there are a ton of projects and papers due in the next two days.
    As a college graduate I would say that if you can't budget your time to have 2 hours to go to a basketball game,
    A. You probably shouldn't be in college
    B. The real world is not going to be kind to you

Spike. You're clearly not a millenial with that work ethic

Dead week before finals. Papers due. You remember the drill.

And maybe they are overfilled with the constant cupcakes as well...

USF and Cal got the night game on a real TV channel. If we had Cal or Stanford I think more students would have been there. USFs student section looked small too though. Time of year. Anyways, good win for the Don's.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    USF and Cal got the night game on a real TV channel. If we had Cal or Stanford I think more students would have been there. USFs student section looked small too though. Time of year. Anyways, good win for the Don's.
    Yikes! Did you just compare what was once the best student section in America to San Francisco’s!?

I should hope the KC would be full if a Pac-12 school came to the kennel. But maybe not so much anymore... The KC has been half full for the majority of games all season.

I was a Kennel Club member 2002-2006 and we had the student section full and rocking every night. Place was electric. Miss that...

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    Dead week before finals. Papers due. You remember the drill.
    I do. Take a break from studying and go to the game.

I know there have been a few years with call outs on the students, but in general this year seems to be by and large the worst. A lot of empty seats on TV for most the games.

I say blame the schedule more than the students. I’m not excited about most of the schedule this year either...

It was a cupcake team... and you know these kids are actually at GU for an education, right? Doing well on finals outweighs older fans opinions on the KC section.

Just sayin'
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...tudent-section

This isn’t an OK Boomer moment. This isn’t Clint Eastwood telling kids to get off his lawn. This is a general level of confusion as to why Gonzaga, a school that has seen a 20% increase in enrollment since I attended, can’t visibly get enough students into most of their home games. Now, on local and national broadcasts, you can hear the silence coming from the students and the rest of the fans. It is deafening, and frankly, rather embarrassing.

Thanks for the link, Reno. Good article. I was at the UW vs GU game back in, can't remember the year, Heytvelt was still here then. Anyway, the Kennel Club was CRAZY that night! Made the hair stand up on the back of your neck, so much energy and excitement, what a great game to have been able to attend. Here is a link I found to give some of you an idea of what it used to be...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...386dbb1eda1ba5

You know, I have another perspective on this, and it involves the entire crowd at K2. You know what would make the Kennel even better? EVERYONE getting into the game! The season ticket holders, the long time boosters, the random fans that get tickets. Instead of just having the KC going off, why can't we get the entire arena going? I've been to games where I was asked to sit down, and people looking at me crossly for cheering. I get it, everyone wants to enjoy the game, and I don't condone being an a$$ and ruining the game for others, so one does need to be respectful to those around you. Attending these games, and when there is a great play, of all we get is a smattering of applause. That's it. This is college basketball! GU is now one of the Blue Bloods! BUT... Why can't we get the whole place in a uproar? And not just couple seconds for a dunk. It's as if everyone is at a show or concert of sort, and the people are just spectating. Look Seahawk's games. Are the only ones cheering thee "student section"? No. The entire place is going crazy! Season ticket holders, the older demographic, everyone!

If there could ever be a way to get the entire place rocking, night in and night out, K2 would not just have one the the best (?) student sections, but it would have one of the best crowds in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Thanks for the link, Reno. Good article. I was at the UW vs GU game back in, can't remember the year, Heytvelt was still here then. Anyway, the Kennel Club was CRAZY that night! Made the hair stand up on the back of your neck, so much energy and excitement, what a great game to have been able to attend. Here is a link I found to give some of you an idea of what it used to be...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...386dbb1eda1ba5

You know, I have another perspective on this, and it involves the entire crowd at K2. You know what would make the Kennel even better? EVERYONE getting into the game! The season ticket holders, the long time boosters, the random fans that get tickets. Instead of just having the KC going off, why can't we get the entire arena going? I've been to games where I was asked to sit down, and people looking at me crossly for cheering. I get it, everyone wants to enjoy the game, and I don't condone being an a$$ and ruining the game for others, so one does need to be respectful to those around you. Attending these games, and when there is a great play, of all we get is a smattering of applause. That's it. This is college basketball! GU is now one of the Blue Bloods! BUT... Why can't we get the whole place in a uproar? And not just couple seconds for a dunk. It's as if everyone is at a show or concert of sort, and the people are just spectating. Look Seahawk's games. Are the only ones cheering thee "student section"? No. The entire place is going crazy! Season ticket holders, the older demographic, everyone!

If there could ever be a way to get the entire place rocking, night in and night out, K2 would not just have one the the best (?) student sections, but it would have one of the best crowds in the nation.
    I still remember that opening sequence, absolutely nuts. I was in the KC a few rows up for that one...glad I didn't have to worry about academics back then, since according to the countless students commenting on FB about this, it's a real school now, with actual academic requirements.

maybe we should let them have their informal drinking parties before game again ?