Thread: Watson Update?

Default Watson Update?

Here's a link to a full video of the Southern Miss game, and the injury is very very clear to see in the replay at 2:15. Anton rolled his foot hard to the inside by landing on the foot of the opposing player (who was called for a foul) with just the inside of his foot.

The fact that he was in a boot a few days ago makes me think he might not be back for several weeks or more, but that's total speculation on my end. High ankle sprains in other sports like skiing can sideline people for several months.

Anyone have news?

Doom!

No two ankle sprains are completely the same. I know that from experience Haha. I've had similar ankle rolls to what I saw Watson have on a couple of occasions. One healed up within a couple of days, another.....well it's still swollen over 2 decades later.
    Here's hoping that they're just holding him out tonight as a precaution so that he MAY be able to play some over the next 3 big games.

When I was 15, I sprained my ankle in a skateboarding accident. I was on crutches for two weeks, but after that, I was as good as new. Amazing how the body heals when you are that young.
    UNITED WE ZAG !!

From Jim Meehan: Few on Watson's ankle: "He’s walking now and out of the boot so that’s about it there."

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    From Jim Meehan: Few on Watson's ankle: "He’s walking now and out of the boot so that’s about it there."
    I’d guess a week or two out, but we shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I’d guess a week or two out, but we shall see...
    Any official word on whether Watson will be suiting up tonight. I kinda assumed it was unlikely but don’t recall seeing anything official.

Jim Meehan (via twitter) reports Watson is " going through warm up drills."

He’s seemed a bit lead footed to me all year, tonight he seemed painfully slow...guessing that ankles a long way from 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    He’s seemed a bit lead footed to me all year, tonight he seemed painfully slow...guessing that ankles a long way from 100%
    Same here, Anton's reactions were obviously slowed when playing defense for the short time he was on the floor against UW. Nice to see him giving it a go, but not yet ready for prime time, as they say. Still, it's progress.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

I thought he’d take another week to even see the floor. I’m glad he got some run in.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I thought he’d take another week to even see the floor. I’m glad he got some run in.
    agreed...was surprised to see him in...not ready but he ate up some valuable minutes and drew a charge on his old nemesis.

Now has a week to get even better for Arizona. And at least solid enough to give others a rest

More than a week away, imo. Barely moved.

I was surprised to see him play at all.....when or if he returns to form he will be a difference maker...being in the WCC is a huge advantage for our new and injured players....

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    agreed...was surprised to see him in...not ready but he ate up some valuable minutes and drew a charge on his old nemesis.
    That was a nice play. I think I remember a very nifty pass, too....and one bad one for a turnover.

The Zags were good with their press and I imagine it would have been even better with Watson in the middle.

From Jim Meehan:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...edy-return-fr/

“We were playing it day by day and seeing how I felt every day,” Watson said. “I felt ready (Sunday). I’m definitely moving a lot better than I was a couple days ago. It’s just good progress. It was a bad sprain, but I’ve been doing rehab every day.”

Watson finished with two assists and a steal in nine minutes.

“He hasn’t practiced since the first day of the Bahamas,” coach Mark Few said. “He literally gutted it out and gave us extra minutes and more bodies in there dealing with all the foul trouble. He’s a tough kid, a really, really tough kid, and he wanted to play.”
    Same article includes brief comments from Woolridge on his health and remarks from Kispert re: his "homecoming."