Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

Went fly fishing today caught a couple really nice rainbows, but had a giant break me off.

More importantly a few names to watch would be Stevenson, Turner, and Bruner. Still have the big one that we are all hoping works out, as the impact down the road could be huge!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Went fly fishing today caught a couple really nice rainbows, but had a giant break me off.

More importantly a few names to watch would be Stevenson, Turner, and Bruner. Still have the big one that we are all hoping works out, as the impact down the road could be huge!
    Is Bruner insurance for if Petrusev leaves? Or are we trying to bring him in regardless?

If no one leaves I believe we have 2 scholarships available. I really like Bruner and Turner and would probably like the mystery guy as well from the sounds of it.

How do you see it playing out for traditional transfers vs grad transfers? Stevenson and your mystery guys are traditional and turner and Bruner are grad transfer.

If I had to guess it would be Turner and mystery guy and Bruner as insurance for Pet.

Turner is very explosive, I like his game and would be happy to have him. I'm also intrigued by Bruner, I believe he fits our style of play and has a high ball IQ.
    America's Team!

Isiah Stewart is a top 10 pick in the draft, no chance he is transferring.
    Couple of other guesses:

2019 Top 50
    Akok Akok
    Kai Jones

2018 Top 50
    Daniel Orturo

2017 Top 50
    Oscar Da Silva

Believe it or not he is not listed. Like I said above he was Top 50 via 247, but not sure where he ended on ESPN or Rivals.
    Oscar Da Silva. That's my final answer.

Dry fly or wet. This time of year, drys are not so common. Maybe on a lake, I am mostly a creek to a stream and some river Fly fisherman. At least I used to be when I lived in Montana. I don't fish much here in Washington.
    It's not funny.

Still have the big one that we are all hoping works out, as the impact down the road could be huge![/QUOTE]

Somehow we got steered onto bigs, but our needs seem to be PG after Suggs leaves. What about Andrew Nembhard, and the impact down the road could be his brother Ryan, class of 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Dry fly or wet. This time of year, drys are not so common. Maybe on a lake, I am mostly a creek to a stream and some river Fly fisherman. At least I used to be when I lived in Montana. I don't fish much here in Washington.
    Nymphs yesterday as we were hoping for a BWO hatch that did not go off, but there were a bunch of Skawla nymphs on the shore so may go back with the dry tomorrow and see if I can hook into a few. I am fishing down in southern Idaho on the South Fork of the Boise.

On another note Stevenson said he is going to announce today, called my contact and he was shocked by the announcement being today, said we are still checking on him, but not ready to pull the trigger. So with all that being said doubt he will be a Zag.

Watch for a hard hard push on Turner though.

Nymphs yesterday as we were hoping for a BWO hatch that did not go off, but there were a bunch of Skawla nymphs on the shore so may go back with the dry tomorrow and see if I can hook into a few. I am fishing down in southern Idaho on the South Fork of the Boise.

On another note Stevenson said he is going to announce today, called my contact and he was shocked by the announcement being today, said we are still checking on him, but not ready to pull the trigger. So with all that being said doubt he will be a Zag.

Watch for a hard hard push on Turner though.
    Many believe Turner is the best transfer available. Those who have watched him play rave about the guy. Hes a dynamite scorer though... what would his role be? 6th man?

I dont think who caldwell is referring to is Silva from standford.. he said he is not top 50 composite, but top 70 composite and top 50 247 rankings (non composite)... Da Silva does not fill that criteria as he was ranked in the 100's coming out..

Ayo dosunmu from Illinois? Boogie ellis? Josiah james? Paul scruggs?

Aaron Nesmith of Vandy... Would he turn down a likely 1st round draft selection to sit out the upcoming year? Would seem odd, especially because the Zags don't need a wing as much going forward....but he does seem to meet all the criteria.

Caldwell do you think Carlik Jones is someone that Gonzaga would pursue. As recent Big South Player of the Year, I'm sure he will be highly coveted by many schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=GuZag2012;1514173]Caldwell do you think Carlik Jones is someone that Gonzaga would pursue. As recent Big South Player of the Year, I'm sure he will be highly coveted by many schools.

We know him well as we do several of the top tier transfers and grads. Our biggest hurdle is simply that our roster is loaded so if these kids want confidence they will start, they aren’t assured to get that promise from us. But if they want to win, we are a great spot. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Many believe Turner is the best transfer available. Those who have watched him play rave about the guy. Hes a dynamite scorer though... what would his role be? 6th man?

I dont think who caldwell is referring to is Silva from standford.. he said he is not top 50 composite, but top 70 composite and top 50 247 rankings (non composite)... Da Silva does not fill that criteria as he was ranked in the 100's coming out..
    Oscar Da Silva was #48 on 247’s top 100 for 2017

His composite does not fit though as you point out.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...263025664?s=19

Goodman says decision on an extra year of eligibility for seniors will be made on the 30th, will have a huge impact on transfers.

Percy Allen
    @percyallen
    · 47m
    Wichita State sophomore guard Erik Stevenson is transferring to Washington, per source. The Lacey, Wash. native and former Timberline HS standout averaged 11.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists last season.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    Aaron Nesmith of Vandy... Would he turn down a likely 1st round draft selection to sit out the upcoming year? Would seem odd, especially because the Zags don't need a wing as much going forward....but he does seem to meet all the criteria.
    Fits the Caldwell's criteria of top 70 nationally(#64) and top 50 composite(#46). Would also make sense that Roger Powell knows him well and could influence him to GU. Only played 14 games because of a stress fracture in his foot. Would be an amazing get if he passes going first round and decides to sit out/receive medical red shirt? 23 PPG and 4.3 made 3pt/game would sit fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagPiper View Post
    Fits the Caldwell's criteria of top 70 nationally(#64) and top 50 composite(#46). Would also make sense that Roger Powell knows him well and could influence him to GU. Only played 14 games because of a stress fracture in his foot. Would be an amazing get if he passes going first round and decides to sit out/receive medical red shirt? 23 PPG and 4.3 made 3pt/game would sit fine with me.
    He would be amazing, but why would a projected first round pick in the 2020 draft sit out a year and wait to improve his draft stock for the 2022 draft. Two year draft waiting seems like a bit of a long time. Doesnt make much sense to me there.

2 guys I'm wondering about

Allen Griffin of Illinois 6'5 wing from Westchester NY Zags probably not in on him and he has lots of Power 5 interest

Cameron Parker of Sacred Heart 6'1 PG transfer from Sacred Heart. Is Native of Beaverton Oregon, and did a prep year, sits 2021 and plays 2. Jesuit HS
    Put up huge assist numbers and good games against good non-conference competition and then got hurt in January. Anyone know his story? I'm surprised GU not linked to him as a sit-out and then see how the roster looks for 22 and 23.

https://www.shubigred.com/sports/m-b...r_cameron_0dld

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    He would be amazing, but why would a projected first round pick in the 2020 draft sit out a year and wait to improve his draft stock for the 2022 draft. Two year draft waiting seems like a bit of a long time. Doesnt make much sense to me there.
    Looked at him last night too and cant see a possible lottery pick waiting 2 more years. Even if the NCAA changes the rule to allow one transfer without sitting why wait. But he did fit all descriptions and Powell might have been the one who recruited him. That would be amazing.

Verbal Commits
    @VerbalCommits
    ·
    2h
    Saint Mary's C Jock Perry (RS JR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer w/one year to play. https://verbalcommits.com/players/jock-perry

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Verbal Commits
    @VerbalCommits
    ·
    2h
    Saint Mary's C Jock Perry (RS JR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer w/one year to play. https://verbalcommits.com/players/jock-perry
    You don't really think that the staff would want Jock Perry, do you ?

Heck no. Maybe as a walk-on

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Turner is very explosive, I like his game and would be happy to have him. I'm also intrigued by Bruner, I believe he fits our style of play and has a high ball IQ.
    I listened to Turner on Jeff Goodman podcast today.. i dont think he would be a good fit. Thinks he can be the best player on the team that he goes to, wants to go to a team where he can play lots of minutes, and just didnt really sound Zag material.

Think the feeling is mutual as well, as Goodman asked if any schools stood out and he mentioned 4, none of which included Gonzaga.

"Kansas State guard Cariter Diarra is leaving the program with the intention of turning professional, though he is leaving open the option of transferring to another school for his senior season. Wildcats coach Bruce Weber said in a statement Thursday that his leading primary ball-handler and second-leading scorer will graduate this spring. That would allow Diarra to play elsewhere next season without having to redshirt."

https://sports.yahoo.com/k-states-2n...b.html?src=rss

See also: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...cartier-diarra
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy