Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

Random guess here but since people have mentioned Texas...I will say Jericho Sims. He was a Top 100 recruit out of Cristo Rey Jesuit in Minneapolis in 2017. He averaged 9.7 ppg, 8.2 rbg & 1.2 blocks per game. He is a freak athlete so I could see somewhat of a Clarke comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    He is big, but he is bad!! No chance. The guy I am talking about has not yet hit the transfer portal. Name has not been mentioned yet and I am not sure how public his recruitment out of HS got with GU. He could be a BC/NWG type transfer if it all works out.
    If he is that big of a recruit, how about Lucka Garza. If he is like williams-goss, Then how about colby ross

I don’t know if we recruited him out of high school but I know he was in conversations as a transfer. Malachi Flynn would be in the category of BC and NWG.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
    I don’t know if we recruited him out of high school but I know he was in conversations as a transfer. Malachi Flynn would be in the category of BC and NWG.
    That would be awsome

BC and NWG were studs on underperforming teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That’s crazy. Harvard U. to Barnyard U. Makes no sense. Duke would have been unbearable but smart.
    He's a Columbus native.

A name that always stood out to me from the recruiting trail a couple years back is Bryce Hamilton who had a really strong season for UNLV. There was at least some mutual interest back in the day.

What about Tyson Jolly...I remember him as a Zag target a few years ago & he had a very nice season for SMU this year. 14.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.3 assists with good shooting percentages 45.8 FG%, 38.2 % from 3 & 78% on FT's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonzaga shows interest in BGSU grad transfer Justin Turner.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...320387586?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Gonzaga shows interest in BGSU grad transfer Justin Turner.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...320387586?s=20
    Caldwell any reason we are showing interest in all of these guards? I would imagine we are a tough sell for the Mike Smith’s of the world given a Suggs/Ayayi/Kispert starting lineup + Harris. Doing our due diligence just in case or potentially a hole to fill? Or we could also be selling them on getting 20 min per game off the bench on a National Championship Contender?

Just seems like in years past we had a clear need with Woolridge/Gilder or Crandall for depth, Wesley at the 3 etc.

Karim Mane to MSU, that will add to their depth.

Tall guard with plenty of experience, played Canadian College ball and for Canada's U19 team last year (beside South Carolina's A.J. Lawson).

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    He's a Columbus native.
    Oh. Well, Hello life, goodbye Columbus.....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Oh. Well, Hello life, goodbye Columbus.....
    Hahaha, hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    Caldwell any reason we are showing interest in all of these guards? I would imagine we are a tough sell for the Mike Smith’s of the world given a Suggs/Ayayi/Kispert starting lineup + Harris. Doing our due diligence just in case or potentially a hole to fill? Or we could also be selling them on getting 20 min per game off the bench on a National Championship Contender?

Just seems like in years past we had a clear need with Woolridge/Gilder or Crandall for depth, Wesley at the 3 etc.
    Gotta be just depth with what we've gone through the last couple of years.

Well if what Caldwell stated about NWG and BC type caliber it's not just about depth. I'm eager to see what may come out of this. The biggest question mark in my mind is that maybe Joel is leaning the professional route, also heard rumblings with Kispert testing the waters.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Well if what Caldwell stated about NWG and BC type caliber it's not just about depth. I'm eager to see what may come out of this. The biggest question mark in my mind is that maybe Joel is leaning the professional route, also heard rumblings with Kispert testing the waters.
    NWG & BC were both traditional transfers, sitting out one year. I wonder if that is also being implied by Caldwell. If so, doesn't really have a bearing on Joel and Kispert.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post

Sorry but, pffftt hahaha not gonna happen Cory.

We are looking at guards because we need mature experience on the team, no matter if its in a starting role or a backup, we are young even considering that Kispert and Ayayi have been here for a few good years now.

I agree about Kispert, I also agree that we need experienced guards. It all depends on what role a transfer is willing to play.
    America's Team!

My little hints have you guys all over the board, from BC athletic to NWG being a stud on a non-winning team, etc.

I can't share any more information until he hits the transfer portal, but he was a Top 50 high school recruit in one of the last 4 recruiting classes

The interest in guards should come off as normal, as we always target a guard transfer or two. This year will be more a depth add, so a few of the guys mentioned would probably come off the bench, so they may not be as thrilled to come to GU as in years past. That being said to be on the best team in the country is a good selling point.

My little hints have you guys all over the board, from BC athletic to NWG being a stud on a non-winning team, etc.

I can't share any more information until he hits the transfer portal, but he was a Top 50 high school recruit in one of the last 4 recruiting classes

The interest in guards should come off as normal, as we always target a guard transfer or two. This year will be more a depth add, so a few of the guys mentioned would probably come off the bench, so they may not be as thrilled to come to GU as in years past. That being said to be on the best team in the country is a good selling point.
    Daejon Davis? Charles Bassey? Reggie Perry?

You are like a drug dealer giving us addicts a little taste to keep us coming back. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Karim Mane to MSU, that will add to their depth.

Tall guard with plenty of experience, played Canadian College ball and for Canada's U19 team last year (beside South Carolina's A.J. Lawson).
    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...785384960?s=19

Memphis, Pittsburgh, Marquette, Michigan State, DePaul, Georgetown, Wake Forest and Pittsburgh, amongst others are still involved with Karim Mane, he told @Stockrisers.

This tweet suggests he hasn't committed anywhere

Well let's see Jerico Sims {Texas} Oscar DaSilva {Stanford} David McCormick {Kansas} Will Richardson {Oregon} Matthew Hurt {Duke} DJ Carton {Ohio State} Will Baker {Texas} Zeke Nnaji { Arizona}. These all fit the bill. I will guess Matthew Hurt. What you say Caldwell ? Our coaches did turn Wiltjer into an all american, Hurt is somewhat like Kyle, except slower. That would be great if Coach Few could turn Hurt into an effective college player, after he was somewhat of a bust at duke. If it would be Nnaji, he would be an all american here, but I can't see him leaving Arizona, but he would not be just for depth. Give us a little more Caldwell, is it Hurt ?

Can you at least tell is if it's a grad or traditional transfer?