Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

Corey Evans
    @coreyevans_10
    ·
    Mar 18
    Gonzaga, Iona, Marquette, San Diego State & Seton Hall are the latest to enter the recruitment for Louisville grad-transfer Darius Perry, a source tells
    @RivalsPortal

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Corey Evans
    @coreyevans_10
    ·
    Mar 18
    Gonzaga, Iona, Marquette, San Diego State & Seton Hall are the latest to enter the recruitment for Louisville grad-transfer Darius Perry, a source tells
    @RivalsPortal

STATS
    2019-20
    2018-19
    2017-18
    GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    31 19.5 39.1 38.9 75.0 1.5 2.5 0.0 0.5 2.0 1.4 5.2
    33 16.4 44.7 37.5 81.0 1.4 1.5 0.0 0.4 2.0 1.2 5.4
    36 14.3 35.1 32.9 86.4 1.2 1.5 0.1 0.6 1.8 1.1 3.9
    It's not funny.

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    · 7h
    Columbia grad transfer Mike Smith tells me that he is now receiving interest from both Seton Hall and Gonzaga in addition to Arizona and Michigan.

Averaged 22.8 PPG.

Immediately eligible.
    "[Established] lead guard ..;;. Mike Smith ... is a grad transfer and is coming off a career year ... . The 5-11 guard tallied 22.8 points along with 4.5 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 2.1 3-pointers, and 1.5 steals in 2019-20. He closed the season in fine fashion by scoring at least 20 points in each of his last seven contests and scored in double-figures in all 30 games, including 22 outings of 20 or more points. Smith has drawn plenty of interest with Seton Hall, Gonzaga, and Arizona being among the teams showing him some love."

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/03/...a-christopher/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Corey Evans
    @coreyevans_10
    ·
    Mar 18
    @RivalsPortal
    I know nothing about him but after a cursory glance, his stats are nothing to write home about

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Lots of early noise around transfers right now. Stevenson is one I would keep an eye on. Canton and Perry are two others. But the biggest name I am hearing is bigger than all three of them in my opinion and if/when he decides to transfer GU is the most likely destination. Now I am leaving you hanging there and will not be updating that for a little bit, so don't hit refresh all day!
    I’m going to go out on a limb and guess Matthew Hurt. He briefly deleted all Duke content from his Twitter account a few days ago then added it all back when people started talking about it meaning a transfer, which is odd. Plus Duke is going hard after that Harvard transfer Seth Towns who is also a wing. His playing time was cut down quite a bit towards the end of the year so that part makes sense.

Maybe he has a Minnesota connection with Suggs? Although he would have to sit a year so may not play with him. And we also didn’t recruit him much out of high school from what I remember.

Probably a long shot but he would be a great fit in our system though. Wiltjer 2.0!

0 for 2 does not make a good start to the day, but 1 for 3 would be a great day on the baseball field. Thing big, that's the hint I will give.
    It’s been awhile since I last posted, but I’ve got to take a shot at this riddle. My guess: Andrew Jones, Texas.

Baseball —> Andruw Jones
    Think “big” —> Everything is bigger in Texas

Plus he should be grad transfer eligible having had two medical redshirt years for cancer treatment.

0 for 2 does not make a good start to the day, but 1 for 3 would be a great day on the baseball field. Thing big, that's the hint I will give.
    I dont know why he would be transferring but Balsa Koprivica is about as big as they get (7'1" 260) and we recruited him.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I dont know why he would be transferring but Balsa Koprivica is about as big as they get (7'1" 260) and we recruited him.
    I have no personal knowledge as to what is going on in Balsa's head, but the extract below from an article published on January 13, 2020 might offer some insights:

"Florida State has often gone small to win games this season. Expect that trend to continue for the near future.

Coach Leonard Hamilton said that freshman center Balsa Koprivica will be “out for a while” with a back injury. Koprivica injured his back in the Dec. 31 win over Georgia Tech, playing just two minutes. He has since missed road wins over Louisville and Wake Forest.

“We have a game plan that we are consistent with,” Hamilton said. “Someone just has to step up. Our guys have answered the bell.”

Dominik Olejniczak will likely be the starter for FSU but that is more of a formality as he has averaged 10.2 minutes per game. The Ole Miss grad transfer played 15 minutes against Georgia Tech on Dec. 31 and 16 minutes vs. North Florida on Dec. 17, but he has otherwise seen sporadic playing time in December and January.

It’s more likely that No. 9 FSU (14-2, 4-1 ACC) will emphasize forwards like 6-foot-9 Malik Osborne (6.4 points, 5.2 rebounds) and 6-8 RaiQuan Gray (6.1 points, 3.6 rebounds) to defend opposing centers."

https://theosceola.com/fsu-likely-to...koprivica-out/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    He might be transfering because he doesn't want to set on the bench all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    I’m going to go out on a limb and guess Matthew Hurt. He briefly deleted all Duke content from his Twitter account a few days ago then added it all back when people started talking about it meaning a transfer, which is odd. Plus Duke is going hard after that Harvard transfer Seth Towns who is also a wing. His playing time was cut down quite a bit towards the end of the year so that part makes sense.

Maybe he has a Minnesota connection with Suggs? Although he would have to sit a year so may not play with him. And we also didn’t recruit him much out of high school from what I remember.

Probably a long shot but he would be a great fit in our system though. Wiltjer 2.0!
    season

This guy is slower than Wiltjer, He is not half the player that Wiltjer was.. I can't see this, but if he is open he can shoot. He can't really play against all the athletes he faces in the ACC. I think duke finally realized it as his playing time decreased as the season wore on. His dad played at Murray State, now he would be a star there, but to me he is just to slow to make a big impact at a big time school. I may be wrong but someone that is slower than Wiltjer just can't guard big time athletes that every big time school has.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    I know nothing about him but after a cursory glance, his stats are nothing to write home about
    I have watched him quite a bit, and he doesn't impress me either. Let Petino have him at Iona have him. That would be a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    "[Established] lead guard ..;;. Mike Smith ... is a grad transfer and is coming off a career year ... . The 5-11 guard tallied 22.8 points along with 4.5 assists, 4.1 rebounds, 2.1 3-pointers, and 1.5 steals in 2019-20. He closed the season in fine fashion by scoring at least 20 points in each of his last seven contests and scored in double-figures in all 30 games, including 22 outings of 20 or more points. Smith has drawn plenty of interest with Seton Hall, Gonzaga, and Arizona being among the teams showing him some love."

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/03/...a-christopher/
    Now this guy I can see. He can shoot he rock. I would think that the staff would be looking for someone that can shoot. High low to inside out that would be impossible to guard. The options would be unlimited, especially if Kispert doesn't leave. I know he is little but with all the size we will have that shouldn't matter, if he is willing to play 15 minutes a game on a national contender, instead of 35 on a team that doesn't have a chance.

Matt Van Komen. Is 7'4" big enough for ya?

https://twitter.com/Joshua_Newman/st...63558908461056

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Matt Van Komen.
    Tough situation -- the #3 center with the other two centers ahead of him also being freshmen. Only played in 9 games this (his first and only) year, and in only one did he get more than two points. This would be a BIG project.
    Last edited by SLOZag; 03-21-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    SLOZag

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Tough situation -- the #3 center with the other two centers ahead of him also being freshmen. Only played in 9 games last year, and in only one did he get more than two points. This would be a BIG project.
    We did recruit him.

Assuming he wouldn't be eligible until 2021-22, that's year 3 for Ballo, Timme, Zakarhov (if they are all still here). The only incoming freshman so far is Perry, who is listed as a center, but it seems to me he's more likely to play the 4. So even if Van Komen only gets played sparingly his first year, he's got 2 more years where there's likely to be more room, and by the looks of it, it will take him a year or more to be ready anyway.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...tball-big-man/
    SLOZag

Two names that would be on my dream list of transfers (despite no intention to transfer announced yet) are:

SG/SF, Junior, Nate Darling, Delaware - Averaged 21 PPG and 40% from 3 point range on 8+ attempts. Had a breakout season playing in the CAA. Wouldn't surprise me if he looked to transfer to a more high profile school and would have a long list of suitors if he chose to do so. He would be the perfect replacement for Kispert if he were to declare for the draft.

PF, RS Sophomore, Lamine Diane, CSU Northridge - Was the Big West Conference Player of the Year for both his Freshman and Sophomore seasons. Averaged a gaudy 25 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks this season. Haven't seen him on any draft boards, despite the numbers and accolades. Seems like he could really benefit from more exposure and may qualify as a grad transfer since he red-shirted his first year?

Seth Towns to Ohio State

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    Seth Towns to Ohio State
    Always a win when Duke loses!

He is big, but he is bad!! No chance. The guy I am talking about has not yet hit the transfer portal. Name has not been mentioned yet and I am not sure how public his recruitment out of HS got with GU. He could be a BC/NWG type transfer if it all works out.

He is big, but he is bad!! No chance. The guy I am talking about has not yet hit the transfer portal. Name has not been mentioned yet and I am not sure how public his recruitment out of HS got with GU. He could be a BC/NWG type transfer if it all works out.
    What position?

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    Seth Towns to Ohio State
    That’s crazy. Harvard U. to Barnyard U. Makes no sense. Duke would have been unbearable but smart.

Mac McClung? Had a great year. The Hoyas had some turnover and a disappointing year. Plus we recruited him.

Just did a deep dive into some news archives for this mystery potential transfer. Here's some names that haven't come up here....

*note I'm jut throwing names out there; some are very unlikely, but you never know*

David Singleton (UCLA)
    Buddy Boeheim (Syracuse)
    Jamal Bey (UW)
    Brendan Bailey (Marquette)
    JaQuori McLaughlin (UCSB) *grad transfer
    Jonah Mathews (USC) *grad transfer