Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    I rather leave that SG/SF spot to Peyton Watson. Kid is a stud on both ends of the court
    I, too, really like Peyton and hope he comes to GU. That being said, he still doesn't have a standing offer from us. If we have an opportunity to get Juzang, let's do it. If we hold a spot away from Juzang, we better be 100% on securing a commit from Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Is he more talented than Arlauskas? From what little I know, he seems to be.
    Much more so. Martynas could project to be a nice role player - a glue guy sort. The other dude - well, he could be a team’s 2nd or 3rd option after a solid rs year at GU.

Juzang is actually not the guy I was talking about, but we have strong interest in him. I would not be shocked if it is GU, this is actually kind of a new development from when I posted the mystery guy. I will do some more digging on Juzang.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Juzang is actually not the guy I was talking about, but we have strong interest in him. I would not be shocked if it is GU, this is actually kind of a new development from when I posted the mystery guy. I will do some more digging on Juzang.
    Thanks. Is they guy still waiting to announce?

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Thanks. Is they guy still waiting to announce?
    Still weighing his options

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    No disrespect, but if this is the guy who is a NWG/Brandon Clarke level transfer then that is a major letdown. He averaged 3 points on 38% from the field. He's a pretty good spot up three point shooter, but I'm not seeing much else. Julian Strawther is already a better player and prospect at this stage in my opinion.

He hit every shot he took in that video! Looks like a stud to me.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Is he more talented than Arlauskas? From what little I know, he seems to be.
    If you are talking about Juzang, yes he is way more talented than Arlauskas, it isn't even close.

I went to the Kentucky boards to read about Juzang

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

Lemme guess we are illegally poaching players...
    America's Team!

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    46m
    Yale graduate transfer is down to six finalists, he told
    @Stockrisers
    : Baylor, Alabama, Maryland, Gonzaga, Arkansas and Louisville, make up his list of finalists.

Bruner would be a great addition. He averaged nearly 4 assists as a power forward and put up 17, 15, 5 assists, and 4 blocks at UNC this season. Physical specimen and a big time athlete.

Really like him and Bryce Aiken as grad transfers.

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    · 8h
    Significant news on the transfer front, Yale graduate transfer Jordan Bruner tells @Stockrisers he could possibly be announcing his cut down list of schools tonight. He updated us on his recruitment on Monday. | Story: https://stockrisers.com/2020/03/23/y...llege-suitors/

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    49m
    Yale graduate transfer is down to six finalists, he told
    @Stockrisers
    : Baylor, Alabama, Maryland, Gonzaga, Arkansas and Louisville, make up his list of finalists.

One of his better games was against UNC -- 17 pts 15 boards 5 assists and 4 blocks

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../jordan-bruner

I have read several articles from Kentucky sites about him transferring and they say nothing but good things. All praise his work ethic and believe he has a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I have read several articles from Kentucky sites about him transferring and they say nothing but good things. All praise his work ethic and believe he has a bright future.
    I should have been more clear. It was a mistake to read their boards, not for Juzang to come to Gonzaga.
    I read one thread where someone said the departure was coming and he was ripped apart until it became a fact.
    Another thread asked about Gonzaga's board. A few criticisms that you'd have thought died out years ago still exist there. One poster pointed out how badly Few has underachieved. Haha.

I should have been more clear. It was a mistake to read their boards, not for Juzang to come to Gonzaga.
    I read one thread where someone said the departure was coming and he was ripped apart until it became a fact.
    Another thread asked about Gonzaga's board. A few criticisms that you'd have thought died out years ago still exist there. One poster pointed out how badly Few has underachieved. Haha.
    I understand you were talking about fans points of view, sometimes the fans can get a little crazy. I just liked that coaches and reporters around the team all say good things about him.

Caldy, we talking to so many guys because Kispert and/or Ayayi are planning on leaving?

Big fan of Jordan Bruner from his highlights. feels the role of a big that can pick and pop from 3pt

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Hearing it’s likely either USC or Gonzaga for Johnny Juzang
    If that is the field we are competing on, sweet. This on the news tonight re: USC:
    "The Trojans picked up their fourth pledge this week and second of the day Friday with reports on Twitter that Utah Valley 6-foot-7 guard Isaiah White has chosen USC as a graduate transfer. Jake Weingarten at Stockrisers.com, who was one of the early sources on Santa Clara grad transfer Tahj Eaddy's USC decision earlier this week, reported the news, along with others including the LA Times. White, who attended Damien High School in La Verne, Calif., is actually the second Damien product to commit to the Trojans on Friday, following 2021 4-star guard Malik Thomas. As mentioned, White is the second grad transfer the Trojans have added this week along with Eaddy, a 6-foot-2 guard. ... White is the fourth overall commitment this week. In addition to Thomas, USC also landed a pledge from fellow 4-star 2021 SG in Reese Dixon-Waters. As for White, he led Utah Valley in scoring (14.5 points per game) and rebounding (8.4 per game) while playing in 21 games."

https://usc.rivals.com/news/usc-bask...=yahoo?src=rss

And the Trojans are still holding their breath for a commitment from "5-star SF Ziaire Williams." The Trojans are in serious rebuilding mode -- they lost "their top four players from last season in seniors Jonah Mathews, Nick Rakocevic, Daniel Utomi and freshman Onyeka Okongwu, who declared for the NBA Draft," and it will not be an easy task for any coach to blend all that new talent into a coherent title contender in just one season.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Caldy, we talking to so many guys because Kispert and/or Ayayi are planning on leaving?
    No really we have two open spots and we will be named by a lot of guys but that might only mean we called to say hi. I would guess it will be one grad transfer and one traditional. It could be two traditional but I would expect a sixth man guard.

No really we have two open spots and we will be named by a lot of guys but that might only mean we called to say hi. I would guess it will be one grad transfer and one traditional. It could be two traditional but I would expect a sixth man guard.
    Scholie chart shows only one open spot. Who should be eliminated from the chart? Matthew Lang?

This! Someone asked earlier if we are really offering all of these kids who mention us? The answer is “absolutely not.” We are doing our due diligence on most of these kids just as we should. I know who we are truly after, as does Caldwell, but that could change fast as that is exactly what happens to the grad transfer landscape. As Caldwell mentioned, players will list us as an option if we call them because it looks great to have Gonzaga on their list.
    I too think like Caldwell that we may end up with one traditional transfer and one grad. We may end up with 3 total depending on if Petrusev or anyone leaves the program. Juzang seems like a no brainer if he wants to be a Zag, the unnamed transfer does as well if he actually declares, and then a grad or two.

You here that crap about Gonzaga every day on the Kentucky board. I am from Kentucky and hear that crap all the time. They are either jealous of the Zags or are scared of them. I tell them all the time if the Zags are so bad as you say, just have Coach Cal schedule a game with them, they should be a good practice game for the Cats. I bet they don't take that invitation. If you read that board very often you would ask yourself how can there be that many idiots in one place.

Pretty sure Lang has always been a walk-on. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Pretty sure Lang has always been a walk-on. Right?
    My understanding was that Lang received a scholarship for this year only. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    My understanding was that Lang received a scholarship for this year only. I think.
    All scholarships are renewed each year. Most schools will give unused scholarships to walkons. These given to walkons are usually taken as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Not wanting to, or trying to add politics, but McConnell, Paul and Massie are an indicator.
    Gotta love how you say “not trying to add politics” then you post only that. It doesn’t belong on this board.

It’s like qualifying a statement with “all due respect” and following it with something completely insulting/disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk