Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

How many of these guys who list Gonzaga on the list that gets tweeted out actually have an offer from GU?

EJ Asinoke:

I want Thank God and for everyone who helped me get to this point in my career. I am excited for what the future holds for me. With that being said I am excited to announce my commitment to the University of Tennessee. I can’t wait to join my family in Knoxville!

https://twitter.com/Rattyfam_EJ/stat...169506304?s=19

Well, here's a big name to hit the portal: Johnny Juzang, Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...805254657?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post

Interesting, could this be Caldwell's guy? Probably not.

Is this the one?

According to 247, Juzang was a top 50 prospect in the 2019 class, #33 overall. Reclassified from 2020 to 2019 and from social media comments by UK fans, it seems Juzang struggled with his limited minutes off the bench but had started to figure it out towards the end. Long, lanky wing type, athletic.

This guy would be PERFECT in Few's system.

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    This guy would be PERFECT in Few's system.
    Plays a lot like NWG from some of the highlights I've seen.

According to 247, Juzang was a top 50 prospect in the 2019 class, #33 overall. Reclassified from 2020 to 2019 and from social media comments by UK fans, it seems Juzang struggled with his limited minutes off the bench but had started to figure it out towards the end. Long, lanky wing type, athletic.
    Shot 41% from 3 in SEC play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Plays a lot like NWG from some of the highlights I've seen.
    I watched every game he played, and he is nothing like Williams-Goss, he is a shooter. He fits everything that has been said. He is 6'6",athletic, with an excellent wing span,was ranked in top 100, and has NBA level talent. Over on the Kentucky board they were calling the guy that first brought this up a liar, and said Juzang was never leaving. They are having a fit. I don't know if he is going to be a Zag or not, but if he is he has a chance to be a star here. He is not star level yet, but has the talent to be a star if he applies himself.

Color me unimpressed. Can shoot a bit, but his ball skills and athleticism are underwhelming IMO.

At least one person on that twitter feed said that he was a lock to go to GU

Caldwell said that if the player he was talking about decided to transfer he was almost a lock to come to Gonzaga.

A name from the past may finally make it to the WCC..........

"Matthew Van Komen had several programs show interest since he made the decision to transfer from Utah but a handful of schools appear to be most involved in his second recruitment.

Van Komen, a 7-foot-4, 240-pound center was a three-star prospect out of Pleasant Grove (Utah) in the 2019 class.

Per a source close to the recruitment, Van Komen is currently focusing on BYU, St. Mary’s, San Diego State and Santa Clara."

https://247sports.com/college/basket...fer-145461090/

Juzang has to be the guy.

There are not many top 50 type guys that transfer to begin with, so there's not going to be a lot of these that keep hitting the portal.

Juzang is from LA and in the press release John Calipari says "When we spoke last night, his family talked about Johnny going back to the West Coast."

All the twitter buzz is that it's likely either Gonzaga or USC.

I confirmed that Gonzaga went to see Juzang while he was in high school at least once. Caldwell said we recruited him, but it may not have been that well known to the public so we probably talked to him more but it also fits the storyline that our conversations with him weren't discussed much.

As far as being underwhelmed, everyone is entitled to their opinion but please keep in mind that this is a guy that reclassified so 2020-21 would have been his freshman season had he not reclassified. A guy that finished 33 in 247's rankings, 30 in ESPN and 34 in Rivals. Great size at 6'6" and a SF known for his 3 point shooting. We are always trying to find a SF so this would be an incredible fit. Doesn't clash with the combo guards and versatile bigs that we are recruiting for 2021. In fact it fits perfectly. Yes guys like Paolo and Chet can also face up, but they would still play at the 4 or even 4/5 in Chet's case.

Lastly, remember when Caldwell said his hint was to think "big"? What does the B stand for in BBN...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Juzang has to be the guy.

There are not many top 50 type guys that transfer to begin with, so there's not going to be a lot of these that keep hitting the portal.

Juzang is from LA and in the press release John Calipari says "When we spoke last night, his family talked about Johnny going back to the West Coast."

All the twitter buzz is that it's likely either Gonzaga or USC.

I confirmed that Gonzaga went to see Juzang while he was in high school at least once. Caldwell said we recruited him, but it may not have been that well known to the public so we probably talked to him more but it also fits the storyline that our conversations with him weren't discussed much.

As far as being underwhelmed, everyone is entitled to their opinion but please keep in mind that this is a guy that reclassified so 2020-21 would have been his freshman season had he not reclassified. A guy that finished 33 in 247's rankings, 30 in ESPN and 34 in Rivals. Great size at 6'6" and a SF known for his 3 point shooting. We are always trying to find a SF so this would be an incredible fit. Doesn't clash with the combo guards and versatile bigs that we are recruiting for 2021. In fact it fits perfectly. Yes guys like Paolo and Chet can also face up, but they would still play at the 4 or even 4/5 in Chet's case.

Lastly, remember when Caldwell said his hint was to think "big"? What does the B stand for in BBN...
    No disrespect, but if this is the guy who is a NWG/Brandon Clarke level transfer then that is a major letdown. He averaged 3 points on 38% from the field. He's a pretty good spot up three point shooter, but I'm not seeing much else. Julian Strawther is already a better player and prospect at this stage in my opinion.

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    ·
    7m
    Hawaii grad transfer Drew Buggs (9.4 ppg, 5.4 apg, 4.5 rpg) told me he has heard from:

Gonzaga, San Diego State, Arkansas, Xavier, Fresno St, Utah St, UTEP, Montana, Colorado St., Temple and Northwestern thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    No disrespect, but if this is the guy who is a NWG/Brandon Clarke level transfer then that is a major letdown. He averaged 3 points on 38% from the field. He's a pretty good spot up three point shooter, but I'm not seeing much else. Julian Strawther is already a better player and prospect at this stage in my opinion.

Room for both, no?

He would be a fantastic get. Remember he’d sit a year, practicing with the rookies. Great for next year as well as the year(s) following. He’ll get better. Much better.

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/st...213119488?s=20

Hearing it’s likely either USC or Gonzaga for Johnny Juzang

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Room for both, no?
    My main reservation here is that I project Juzang as only a bench/supporting quality player at Gonzaga. Considering he's formerly a borderline 5 star recruit presumably looking to transfer into a starring role, I don't love the fit. That's just my evaluation though. I'm open to having my mind changed, I just don't find the highlight tape that impressive.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...johnny-juzang/

Kentucky was impressed with him in the second half of the season and expected a big jump next year. This is a guy that could have been playing in high school this year if he didnt reclassify. Big difference being that young at Kentucky. If he ends up at GU I will be excited.

I rather leave that SG/SF spot to Peyton Watson. Kid is a stud on both ends of the court

Is he more talented than Arlauskas? From what little I know, he seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Room for both, no?
    That’s a good question. Can you ever have too much athleticism on the wing? I suppose you can interchange them in the lineup and not change what you are doing much. You could play small ball with both him and Strawther in there. You could also slide one of them up to the SG spot, put the other at SF, and have a really long back court. Why not?