Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 297

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,628

    Default General Transfer List 2020

    College Basketball’s 2019-20 Midseason Transfer List

    https://watchstadium.com/news/colleg...st-10-31-2019/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,628

    Default

    A number of interesting names on the list -- wonder if we will pursue one for depth.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    A number of interesting names on the list -- wonder if we will pursue one for depth.
    We certainly could, as Petrusev will be gone, & Ayayi is at least turning some heads. I think Joel needs another year, simply for recognition/trust & on ball defense. NBA not biggest fan of "one hit wonders", esp guards, unless they have hype before such as an elite HS talent.

    If Petrusev can be convinced we have legit chance at a title run next season, maybe he will stick around? Unlikely tho.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    We certainly could, as Petrusev will be gone, & Ayayi is at least turning some heads. I think Joel needs another year, simply for recognition/trust & on ball defense. NBA not biggest fan of "one hit wonders", esp guards, unless they have hype before such as an elite HS talent.

    If Petrusev can be convinced we have legit chance at a title run next season, maybe he will stick around? Unlikely tho.
    Next years team will be loaded.

    Kispert - 3
    Ayayi (most likely) - 2
    Watson -3
    Timme - 4/5
    Pavel - 4/5
    Martynas -2/3
    Oumar - 5
    Strawther -3
    Harris - 1/2
    Suggs - 1

    If Filip comes back WOW! If we land a transfer (Akinjo) or two, watch out!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Next years team will be loaded.

    Kispert - 3
    Ayayi (most likely) - 2
    Watson -3
    Timme - 4/5
    Pavel - 4/5
    Martynas -2/3
    Oumar - 5
    Strawther -3
    Harris - 1/2
    Suggs - 1

    If Filip comes back WOW! If we land a transfer (Akinjo) or two, watch out!!
    Assuming a grad-transfer guard comes in, I would have to think this team winds up ranked #1 pre-season next year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Assuming a grad-transfer guard comes in, I would have to think this team winds up ranked #1 pre-season next year.
    Louisville and Kentucky will be 1/2 pre-season in my opinion, but we will have the best team in the country just not ranked pre-season number 1.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Next years team will be loaded.

    Kispert - 3
    Ayayi (most likely) - 2
    Watson -3
    Timme - 4/5
    Pavel - 4/5
    Martynas -2/3
    Oumar - 5
    Strawther -3
    Harris - 1/2
    Suggs - 1

    If Filip comes back WOW! If we land a transfer (Akinjo) or two, watch out!!
    So much talent and I'm guessing we'll add more to that list. Very young squad though...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    We certainly could, as Petrusev will be gone, & Ayayi is at least turning some heads. I think Joel needs another year, simply for recognition/trust & on ball defense. NBA not biggest fan of "one hit wonders", esp guards, unless they have hype before such as an elite HS talent.

    If Petrusev can be convinced we have legit chance at a title run next season, maybe he will stick around? Unlikely tho.
    Ayayi is much improved but not even close to NBA level at this point. Zero chance he'd be drafted this year and haven't seen one reputable site that even has him ranked.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Ayayi is much improved but not even close to NBA level at this point. Zero chance he'd be drafted this year and haven't seen one reputable site that even has him ranked.
    Sports Illustrated has him as projected pick #22.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Sports Illustrated has him as projected pick #22.
    Wow, getting noticed for his great start to the season: https://www.si.com/nba/2019/12/11/20...ds-lamelo-ball

    Ahead of Cassius Winston, Ashton Hagans, Tre Jones, Myles Powell, Payton Pritchard, Markus Howard and Killian Tillie.

    Just one writer's opinion, and of course age is the advantage Ayayi has over a lot of these other guys, but I'm sure this article from yesterday will catch a lot of Zags fans by surprise.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edgewood, WA
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Ayayi is much improved but not even close to NBA level at this point. Zero chance he'd be drafted this year and haven't seen one reputable site that even has him ranked.
    Every time I've seen him over the past eight months he looks like a pro to me. He is still really young, can shoot, defend, rebound, dribble, pass and has NBA size. I think he needs another year, but he has a lot higher chance than "zero" and will get plenty of opportunities over the next several months to prove it. I thought ZN needed another year. That didn't stop him from turning pro and Ayayi has a good chance to be better positioned than he was at the end of last year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    I wont lie, Im looking forward to having a full stable of high level guards again. Really doubt we lose Petrusev to an early exit based on his play so far. Not dominate or really showing all that versatile just yet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Bogo, you think Ravet will resurface?? I think he's gone Jimmy Hoffa on us.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Bogo, you think Ravet will resurface?? I think he's gone Jimmy Hoffa on us.
    In the Tyrin Lawrence recruiting thread CaldwellZag seems to make it pretty clear (without explicitly stating it) that Ravet isn't coming back...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Bogo, you think Ravet will resurface?? I think he's gone Jimmy Hoffa on us.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    In the Tyrin Lawrence recruiting thread CaldwellZag seems to make it pretty clear (without explicitly stating it) that Ravet isn't coming back...
    My understanding is that he has taken a leave of absence for personal reasons, and we shouldn't be speculating on why or even if he is coming back.

    Let things work out and we will have the answers.
    It's not funny.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    6' freshman guard Drew Lowder transferring out of Holy Cross: https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...61434276225034

    14.1pts, 3.3 ast. 42% 3pt shooter.

    Highlights from his 24/5 performance against Maryland this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6jLJ0OSvcg

    He kind of looks like a smaller Woolridge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU2GQAzZEw4

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,912

    Default

    No, not anymore - from what I have read he will never re-enroll in GU...still n o word on why from those that know so be it...best wishes to him and his family!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,628

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,628

    Default

    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    20h
    Shareef O’Neal commits to LSU. Has been a lock basically since announcing his transfer out of UCLA. His father, Shaq, starred in Baton Rouge. Major addition for Will Wade.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Do Harris and/or Suggs have the quickness Zags will need on defense? If not, who does?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    20h
    Shareef O’Neal commits to LSU. Has been a lock basically since announcing his transfer out of UCLA. His father, Shaq, starred in Baton Rouge. Major addition for Will Wade.
    He couldn't even play for UCLA, so how is this a major addition for LSU ?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Random guess here but since people have mentioned Texas...I will say Jericho Sims. He was a Top 100 recruit out of Cristo Rey Jesuit in Minneapolis in 2017. He averaged 9.7 ppg, 8.2 rbg & 1.2 blocks per game. He is a freak athlete so I could see somewhat of a Clarke comparison.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    I'm happy to be wrong!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    145

    Default

    What about Tyson Jolly...I remember him as a Zag target a few years ago & he had a very nice season for SMU this year. 14.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.3 assists with good shooting percentages 45.8 FG%, 38.2 % from 3 & 78% on FT's.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Gonzaga shows interest in BGSU grad transfer Justin Turner.

    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...320387586?s=20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •