Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

Any word on if any of the current Zags are transferring out?

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Any word on if any of the current Zags are transferring out?
    Have to assume Zakharov and maybe Arlauskas are the most likely candidates. I am curious if either/both would take a redshirt in the next 2 years with the crop of talent coming in (plus potential commits)

Moved.
    Last edited by SLOZag; 03-28-2020 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Moved to 2021 Recruits Thread
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Dumb Libs always have to bring politics onto the board
    Not the time or place to do this.

We are all Americans trying together to get through a difficult time.

Mods, clean up on aisle 5!

Cmon folks. Be better.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Have to assume Zakharov and maybe Arlauskas are the most likely candidates. I am curious if either/both would take a redshirt in the next 2 years with the crop of talent coming in (plus potential commits)
    I'd be sad to see either go. Zakharov is legitimately a high level talent, but is just stuck near the back of a positional log jam at the moment. Arlauskas has excellent role player potential if he's willing to stay with the program and learn the ins and outs of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I'd be sad to see either go. Zakharov is legitimately a high level talent, but is just stuck near the back of a positional log jam at the moment. Arlauskas has excellent role player potential if he's willing to stay with the program and learn the ins and outs of the system.
    I hope they stay. I think both by junior and senior year will be very good players, just need time. We're going to need a few upperclassmen to teach the Zag way with all the potential one or two and dones coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    I don’t expect any player on scholarship to transfer out. Remember, last offseason many were down on Ayayi. I think both Arlo and Pavel will be good players for us as they develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to drop the politics before you either get this closed or you get a suspension. Thanks

I view Pavel & Martynas much on the same timeline as Ayayi. I think they will be very solid contributors by their 3rd year in the program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with GUZag. there is potential in both of them and they have shown it.

To me Zakhorav has a lot of potential, but will take time. His body has to catch up with his size. He also has to gain confidence, which should come with banging with Ballo and Timme everyday in practice. In my opinion a red-shirt year would do wonders for him.

Jeff Borzello
    @jeffborzello
    ·
    Mar 26
    Gonzaga is the latest school to get in the mix for Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones, the Big South Player of the Year.

20 pts 5 boards 5 assists and 40% 3 pt shooter

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...5/carlik-jones

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I, too, think Zacharov has great potential. I think that he and Ballo are true centers.

I fondly remember the front line shift with JW3/Karno to Collins/Sabonis (from memory), and could see the same with Ballo/Watson and Zacharov/Timme.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

If we do get a transfer or 2 who have to sit out a year, they will have a heck of a schedule to showcase their talent with KU and Tex on the schedule for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I, too, think Zacharov has great potential. I think that he and Ballo are true centers.

I fondly remember the front line shift with JW3/Karno to Collins/Sabonis (from memory), and could see the same with Ballo/Watson and Zacharov/Timme.
    I agree about pavel. His athleticism jumped out to me and could be a good contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I have a problem with you too. Should’ve been banned for your remarks in this thread.
    Cut it out, folks. The original poster made a poor decision in posting. Subsequent posters have made poor decisions. It should stop here.

Back to transfers. And perhaps tacos. But mostly transfers.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    I agree about pavel. His athleticism jumped out to me and could be a good contributor
    I'm with you, Yank. Pavel was a Top-100 guy out of high school (ESPN). As for Arlauskus, I think it was 247 Sports that rated him very highly in GU's recruiting class. Why would these guys wish to transfer? IMHO, these two will be studs before their eligibility is exhausted.

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    I'm with you, Yank. Pavel was a Top-100 guy out of high school (ESPN). As for Arlauskus, I think it was 247 Sports that rated him very highly in GU's recruiting class. Why would these guys wish to transfer? IMHO, these two will be studs before their eligibility is exhausted.

:]
    I envision Arlauskas as a better Jeremy Jones by the end of his career. Good defender, play multiple positions, do all the little things to help the team win without scoring a ton. Just like Jones he will be the difference between a W and an L in some games.

I think Zakharov could be Petrusev good by his senior year, but more athletic. I wouldnt be surprised if he is 250 in another year or two. He has tree trunks for legs, just is young and needs to fill out. I would guess he just has played far less basketball than a lot of these guys from countries like Serbia and Lithuania.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I envision Arlauskas as a better Jeremy Jones by the end of his career. Good defender, play multiple positions, do all the little things to help the team win without scoring a ton. Just like Jones he will be the difference between a W and an L in some games.

I think Zakharov could be Petrusev good by his senior year, but more athletic. I wouldnt be surprised if he is 250 in another year or two. He has tree trunks for legs, just is young and needs to fill out. I would guess he just has played far less basketball than a lot of these guys from countries like Serbia and Lithuania.
    I can get around both predictions, given of course, that Pavel and Petrusev are different players and will impact the game in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I can get around both predictions, given of course, that Pavel and Petrusev are different players and will impact the game in different ways.
    Ya I dont think the same kind of player, but the same kind of impact. All-Conference level player.

Dumb Libs always have to bring politics onto the board
    I just like how this doctor has the hubris to call others dumb after publicly making the string of posts they made 2-3 weeks ago, like:

if your[SIC] under the age of 50 your chances of contracting and dying from this flu is extremely minute. Just like the common flu, only the elderly are at greater risk.
    Media doing their best to disrupt and politicize this situation. Shame. Approx. 50 people will die today in the USA from the common flu. Almost all of them will be elderly.
    (death rate already established at ~10x, or 1000% of the flu)

The WCC tournament in Vegas and March Madness will go as scheduled. 100% . Media over-hyping virus