• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Went fly fishing today caught a couple really nice rainbows, but had a giant break me off.

More importantly a few names to watch would be Stevenson, Turner, and Bruner. Still have the big one that we are all hoping works out, as the impact down the road could be huge!
    Dry fly or wet. This time of year, drys are not so common. Maybe on a lake, I am mostly a creek to a stream and some river Fly fisherman. At least I used to be when I lived in Montana. I don't fish much here in Washington.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• bdmiller7
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2017

Still have the big one that we are all hoping works out, as the impact down the road could be huge![/QUOTE]

Somehow we got steered onto bigs, but our needs seem to be PG after Suggs leaves. What about Andrew Nembhard, and the impact down the road could be his brother Ryan, class of 2021?

Comment

• caldwellzag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by willandi View Post
        Dry fly or wet. This time of year, drys are not so common. Maybe on a lake, I am mostly a creek to a stream and some river Fly fisherman. At least I used to be when I lived in Montana. I don't fish much here in Washington.
        Nymphs yesterday as we were hoping for a BWO hatch that did not go off, but there were a bunch of Skawla nymphs on the shore so may go back with the dry tomorrow and see if I can hook into a few. I am fishing down in southern Idaho on the South Fork of the Boise.

On another note Stevenson said he is going to announce today, called my contact and he was shocked by the announcement being today, said we are still checking on him, but not ready to pull the trigger. So with all that being said doubt he will be a Zag.

Watch for a hard hard push on Turner though.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
          Nymphs yesterday as we were hoping for a BWO hatch that did not go off, but there were a bunch of Skawla nymphs on the shore so may go back with the dry tomorrow and see if I can hook into a few. I am fishing down in southern Idaho on the South Fork of the Boise.

On another note Stevenson said he is going to announce today, called my contact and he was shocked by the announcement being today, said we are still checking on him, but not ready to pull the trigger. So with all that being said doubt he will be a Zag.

Watch for a hard hard push on Turner though.
          Many believe Turner is the best transfer available. Those who have watched him play rave about the guy. Hes a dynamite scorer though... what would his role be? 6th man?

I dont think who caldwell is referring to is Silva from standford.. he said he is not top 50 composite, but top 70 composite and top 50 247 rankings (non composite)... Da Silva does not fill that criteria as he was ranked in the 100's coming out..

Comment

• YankMyZAG
            Bulldog Fan
            • Sep 2019

Ayo dosunmu from Illinois? Boogie ellis? Josiah james? Paul scruggs?

Comment

• SanDiegoZag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Aaron Nesmith of Vandy... Would he turn down a likely 1st round draft selection to sit out the upcoming year? Would seem odd, especially because the Zags don't need a wing as much going forward....but he does seem to meet all the criteria.

Comment

• GuZag2012
                Kennel Club Material
                • Jul 2012

Caldwell do you think Carlik Jones is someone that Gonzaga would pursue. As recent Big South Player of the Year, I'm sure he will be highly coveted by many schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZagBlue
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Apr 2019

[QUOTE=GuZag2012;1514173]Caldwell do you think Carlik Jones is someone that Gonzaga would pursue. As recent Big South Player of the Year, I'm sure he will be highly coveted by many schools.

We know him well as we do several of the top tier transfers and grads. Our biggest hurdle is simply that our roster is loaded so if these kids want confidence they will start, they aren’t assured to get that promise from us. But if they want to win, we are a great spot. Should be interesting.

Comment

• Murphy outgo lifer
                    Kennel Club
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                    Many believe Turner is the best transfer available. Those who have watched him play rave about the guy. Hes a dynamite scorer though... what would his role be? 6th man?

I dont think who caldwell is referring to is Silva from standford.. he said he is not top 50 composite, but top 70 composite and top 50 247 rankings (non composite)... Da Silva does not fill that criteria as he was ranked in the 100's coming out..
                    Oscar Da Silva was #48 on 247’s top 100 for 2017

His composite does not fit though as you point out.

Comment

• zagssuperfan
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Jun 2013

Goodman says decision on an extra year of eligibility for seniors will be made on the 30th, will have a huge impact on transfers.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Percy Allen
                        @percyallen
                        · 47m
                        Wichita State sophomore guard Erik Stevenson is transferring to Washington, per source. The Lacey, Wash. native and former Timberline HS standout averaged 11.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists last season.

Comment

• ZagPiper
                          Redshirt
                          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
                          Aaron Nesmith of Vandy... Would he turn down a likely 1st round draft selection to sit out the upcoming year? Would seem odd, especially because the Zags don't need a wing as much going forward....but he does seem to meet all the criteria.
                          Fits the Caldwell's criteria of top 70 nationally(#64) and top 50 composite(#46). Would also make sense that Roger Powell knows him well and could influence him to GU. Only played 14 games because of a stress fracture in his foot. Would be an amazing get if he passes going first round and decides to sit out/receive medical red shirt? 23 PPG and 4.3 made 3pt/game would sit fine with me.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ZagPiper View Post
                            Fits the Caldwell's criteria of top 70 nationally(#64) and top 50 composite(#46). Would also make sense that Roger Powell knows him well and could influence him to GU. Only played 14 games because of a stress fracture in his foot. Would be an amazing get if he passes going first round and decides to sit out/receive medical red shirt? 23 PPG and 4.3 made 3pt/game would sit fine with me.
                            He would be amazing, but why would a projected first round pick in the 2020 draft sit out a year and wait to improve his draft stock for the 2022 draft. Two year draft waiting seems like a bit of a long time. Doesnt make much sense to me there.

Comment

• WRHUradio
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Mar 2007

2 guys I'm wondering about

Allen Griffin of Illinois 6'5 wing from Westchester NY Zags probably not in on him and he has lots of Power 5 interest

Cameron Parker of Sacred Heart 6'1 PG transfer from Sacred Heart. Is Native of Beaverton Oregon, and did a prep year, sits 2021 and plays 2. Jesuit HS
                              Put up huge assist numbers and good games against good non-conference competition and then got hurt in January. Anyone know his story? I'm surprised GU not linked to him as a sit-out and then see how the roster looks for 22 and 23.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jun 2017

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                                He would be amazing, but why would a projected first round pick in the 2020 draft sit out a year and wait to improve his draft stock for the 2022 draft. Two year draft waiting seems like a bit of a long time. Doesnt make much sense to me there.
                                Looked at him last night too and cant see a possible lottery pick waiting 2 more years. Even if the NCAA changes the rule to allow one transfer without sitting why wait. But he did fit all descriptions and Powell might have been the one who recruited him. That would be amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X