Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer List 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Do Harris and/or Suggs have the quickness Zags will need on defense? If not, who does?
    I'm guessing you haven't seen either one of them play? They both have nice size 6'4 6'5, Suggs a little thicker and Harris looks a little longer. Suggs great body control both super athletes and fast. Suggs more on the elite side athletically. Let's put it this way if you haven't seen them play, next year your going to be jumping off your couch watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't seen either one of them play? They both have nice size 6'4 6'5, Suggs a little thicker and Harris looks a little longer. Suggs great body control both super athletes and fast. Suggs more on the elite side athletically. Let's put it this way if you haven't seen them play, next year your going to be jumping off your couch watching them.
    Along with the athleticism I would say both have the attitude to be great defenders. Suggs really seems to have a competitiveness and intensity. Defense has a lot to do with effort and just saying my man isnt beating me.

"Harvard guard and former top 100 recruit Bryce Aiken will pursue graduate transfer opportunities, a source tells 247Sports. Aiken played just seven games this season due to a foot injury that occurred on Dec. 21. Aiken is expected to get a medical redshirt for this past season and will graduate from Harvard in the spring and. Ivy League rules prohibit graduate students from participating in NCAA athletics. Aikens could have opted to start his professional career, but his intentions are to pursue college for next season, a source tells 247Sports.

"Aiken was averaging 16.7 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.7 assists through his first seven games of the season. Aiken had a tremendous junior season, averaging up 22.2 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists a game. Aiken connected on 51 of his 128 (39.8%) three-point attempts as a junior. Aiken, a 6-foot guard that played high school ball at Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick, would have immediate eligibility and will be one of the most pursued graduate transfers in the country.

"Coming out of high school Aiken was ranked No. 86 overall and as the No. 19 point guard in the 247Sports Composite Rankings."

https://247sports.com/college/basket...fer--144706757
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Aiken missed 2 games as a frosh, 18 as a soph, and 13 as a junior, before only playing 7 this year. Really good player, but whatever team he goes to is praying he can stay healthy.

Corey Evans
    @coreyevans_10
    ·
    2h
    So far, Wichita State transfer Erik Stevenson has heard from Washington, Washington State, Xavier, Arkansas, Gonzaga, Nebraska, Creighton, Texas, USC, Utah, Seton Hall & Oregon State

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    1h
    The list expands: Florida, South Carolina, Memphis and Arizona, have also reached out to Wichita State transfer Erik Stevenson, he told
    @Stockrisers

Highly-touted transfer with two years remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Corey Evans
    @coreyevans_10
    ·
    2h
    So far, Wichita State transfer Erik Stevenson has heard from Washington, Washington State, Xavier, Arkansas, Gonzaga, Nebraska, Creighton, Texas, USC, Utah, Seton Hall & Oregon State

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    1h
    The list expands: Florida, South Carolina, Memphis and Arizona, have also reached out to Wichita State transfer Erik Stevenson, he told
    @Stockrisers

My younger brother and his social circle played ball w/ or against Erik in high school. Talented player.

That being said, HARD PASS. From what I hear, he's a bit off mentally. Psychotic was the word used in those conversations. There's some talk about him being the instigator in the locker room that led to some issues Gregg Marshall had with his squad this year.

On top of that, his dad goes on Facebook and vents about the team in bad taste. Some Lavar Ball tastes in there. He does not fit Gonzaga's exemplary culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Corey Evans
    @coreyevans_10
    ·
    2h

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    1h
    @Stockrisers

Arizona is going to be looking at alot of transfers this coming year with 4 seniors leaving, most likely there 3 best freshman, and a weak class coming in.

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Arizona is going to be looking at alot of transfers this coming year with 4 seniors leaving, most likely there 3 best freshman, and a weak class coming in.
    If you've been impressed by what Miller has done with regular top-10 classes, wait until you see what he does with the #41 class!

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    My younger brother and his social circle played ball w/ or against Erik in high school. Talented player.

That being said, HARD PASS. From what I hear, he's a bit off mentally. Psychotic was the word used in those conversations. There's some talk about him being the instigator in the locker room that led to some issues Gregg Marshall had with his squad this year.

On top of that, his dad goes on Facebook and vents about the team in bad taste. Some Lavar Ball tastes in there. He does not fit Gonzaga's exemplary culture.
    Appreciate the info. OTOH, I seem to recall an observation made by Few several years back regarding a potential transfer who had some behavior issues -- something about "When a player burns a year of playing in order to transfer, he has additional incentive to blend in successfully where he lands." Food for thought.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

High major interest pouring in for Harvard transfer Bryce Aiken

“So far Maryland, Marquette, Seton Hall a little bit,” Aiken said. “I’ve spoken to Juwan Howard over at Michigan, the head coach of Iowa State, Kansas has reached out, but not to me personally yet and Gonzaga.”

"Aiken averaged 16.7 points through his seven games this past season. As a junior, Aiken averaged 22.2 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists a game. He also made 51 of his 128 three-point attempt (39.8%)."

https://247sports.com/college/basket...aga-145083968/

Good player, but injured a lot. We have went through this with Tillie, do we want to gamble on this again ? Woolridge had injury issues coming and he did just fine. The staff knows best, and what ever they want is fine with me. I just brought this up for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Good player, but injured a lot. We have went through this with Tillie, do we want to gamble on this again ? Woolridge had injury issues coming and he did just fine. The staff knows best, and what ever they want is fine with me. I just brought this up for discussion.
    Woolridge was as tough as they come. Playing with pain was his MO. I believe he was having major problems as the season ended but just kept it quiet. Definitely fell off defensively the last few games. The off time before the tournament was going to be huge for GU. Unfortunately for nothing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A pair of interesting names came into transfer portal today.

Joshua Morgan from Long Beach St. A center who just won the Big West defensive player of the year as a freshman. Not crazy offensive stats at 8.4PPG along with 6.1RPG but those 2.5BPG sure do stand out. Currently a sit 1/play 3 guy but NCAA is expected to allow players to transfer once and be immediately eligible. I'd hate to poach one of Monson's guys but if he's leaving on good terms, I can't imagine a program better positioned to help him develop that Dan could recommend..

Also, Balint Mocsan from Idaho St. Haven't seen him play but he was their second leading 2 seasons ago and sat out this year as red shirt junior. Shot 43% from 3 & is an international from Hungary. The teams big weaknesses heading into next season are 3pt shooting/experience so if he's willing to buy into a position as a sharp shooting role player, he could be a good fit.

I love what GU and Few does with transfers! Have we whiffed on one yet who’s come here? Yes I’m a Homer, but I can’t imagine a better year to transfer into GU...only issue will be playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    I love what GU and Few does with transfers! Have we whiffed on one yet who’s come here? Yes I’m a Homer, but I can’t imagine a better year to transfer into GU...only issue will be playing time.
    Nunez didnt develop the way a lot of people hoped, but from the outside looking in I thought Coleman was the biggest miss. I remember seeing him sitting on the bench by himself after being pulled while the rest of the team stood in a huddle. He didnt seem to fit the team culture.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post

Joshua Morgan from Long Beach St. A center who just won the Big West defensive player of the year as a freshman. Not crazy offensive stats at 8.4PPG along with 6.1RPG but those 2.5BPG sure do stand out. Currently a sit 1/play 3 guy but NCAA is expected to allow players to transfer once and be immediately eligible. I'd hate to poach one of Monson's guys but if he's leaving on good terms, I can't imagine a program better positioned to help him develop that Dan could recommend..

Also, Balint Mocsan from Idaho St. Haven't seen him play but he was their second leading 2 seasons ago and sat out this year as red shirt junior. Shot 43% from 3 & is an international from Hungary. The teams big weaknesses heading into next season are 3pt shooting/experience so if he's willing to buy into a position as a sharp shooting role player, he could be a good fit.
    But why spend a scholly on them when we can recruit better stock out of high school?

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post

two very intriguing players with ramifications on what we are expecting to have and not have next year and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    But why spend a scholly on them when we can recruit better stock out of high school?
    Not many HS kids left on the market for 2020 & I'm not sure adding another frosh is optimal anyway.

Mocsan would strictly be a 1 year guy that would fill a specific niche. Next years' team is seriously lacking in 3% shooting and 43% guys on volume don't grow on trees. Plus as RSSR you would hope he adds some extra mental maturity to a group - while incredibly talented - that is looking quite young by GU standards.

As for Morgan, guys that average 2.5BPG and win conference defensive poy honours as freshman are even scarcer commodities. If the NC game taught us anything, it's that you can never have enough front court depth. Ideally he's immediately eligible and if not, having him a guy that can protect the rim like that on scout squad isn't gonna hurt you either.

I don't think just trying to get as many high 4's/5's straight out of HS is the ideal way to build a team. You want guys that can fill specific roles and act as complementary pieces to make teams greater than the sum of the parts. Again, not saying 100% go after those 2 but they are intriguing names that could help shore up the team.

If Morgan is looking for decent playing time then I doubt he would come here. The Bigs are pretty full next year even if FP leaves, then the year after we are hoping to add a couple of the top bigs in the country, not sure where his playing time would come from.

Default Two Quality Pitt Guards Enter the Transfer Portal

"Pittsburgh guard Trey McGowens is transferring, the second high-profile departure from the rebuilding program in less than a week. McGowens averaged 11.5 points, 3.3 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.9 steals per game while starting 32 of Pitt's 33 games last season. The Panthers finished 16-17 overall and 6-14 in the Atlantic Coast Conference two years removed from going 0-19 in league play. The Panthers took significant strides during McGowens' two seasons thanks in part to his dynamic play. He set a school freshman record by pouring in 33 points in an upset of Louisville in January, 2019 and averaged 11.6 points. McGowens expected to make a significant jump during his sophomore year but struggled with consistency. His scoring averaged dipped to 9.1 points over Pitt's final 16 games, a span in which he shot just 32% from the field and 29% from 3-point range. The Panthers wilted down the stretch, losing eight of their final nine.

McGowens joins junior guard Ryan Murphy in the transfer portal. Murphy, who averaged 7.6 points while making a team-high 42 3-pointers, announced over the weekend he will attempt to play for another school next season as a graduate transfer."

https://sports.yahoo.com/pitt-guard-...b.html?src=rss
    SLOZag

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    "Pittsburgh guard Trey McGowens is transferring, the second high-profile departure from the rebuilding program in less than a week. McGowens averaged 11.5 points, 3.3 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.9 steals per game while starting 32 of Pitt's 33 games last season. The Panthers finished 16-17 overall and 6-14 in the Atlantic Coast Conference two years removed from going 0-19 in league play. The Panthers took significant strides during McGowens' two seasons thanks in part to his dynamic play. He set a school freshman record by pouring in 33 points in an upset of Louisville in January, 2019 and averaged 11.6 points. McGowens expected to make a significant jump during his sophomore year but struggled with consistency. His scoring averaged dipped to 9.1 points over Pitt's final 16 games, a span in which he shot just 32% from the field and 29% from 3-point range. The Panthers wilted down the stretch, losing eight of their final nine.

McGowens joins junior guard Ryan Murphy in the transfer portal. Murphy, who averaged 7.6 points while making a team-high 42 3-pointers, announced over the weekend he will attempt to play for another school next season as a graduate transfer."

https://sports.yahoo.com/pitt-guard-...b.html?src=rss

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    33 33.8 36.7 31.1 72.2 3.3 3.6 0.1 1.9 2.4 2.8 11.5 2019-2020
    33 27.8 41.7 32.7 76.4 3.2 1.7 0.1 1.9 2.8 2.4 11.6 2018-2019

He doesn't look like a great shooter with OK assists. 6'4" but I don'y know his wing span.

It would need to be to fill a perceived need and I don't know that the perceived need of the Zags is for this type of guard. I will trust the coaches on this one.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Here is one that I could get excited about....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ealth-reasons/

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Here is one that I could get excited about....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ealth-reasons/
    Yes please, Zags and Spokane would be perfect for him, me thinks

Lots of early noise around transfers right now. Stevenson is one I would keep an eye on. Canton and Perry are two others. But the biggest name I am hearing is bigger than all three of them in my opinion and if/when he decides to transfer GU is the most likely destination. Now I am leaving you hanging there and will not be updating that for a little bit, so don't hit refresh all day!