X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zag67
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

I agree with GUZag. there is potential in both of them and they have shown it.

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

To me Zakhorav has a lot of potential, but will take time. His body has to catch up with his size. He also has to gain confidence, which should come with banging with Ballo and Timme everyday in practice. In my opinion a red-shirt year would do wonders for him.

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Jeff Borzello
        @jeffborzello
        ·
        Mar 26
        Gonzaga is the latest school to get in the mix for Radford grad transfer Carlik Jones, the Big South Player of the Year.

20 pts 5 boards 5 assists and 40% 3 pt shooter

View the profile of Chicago Bulls Guard Carlik Jones on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• willandi
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Worthington View Post
          I'd be sad to see either go. Zakharov is legitimately a high level talent, but is just stuck near the back of a positional log jam at the moment. Arlauskas has excellent role player potential if he's willing to stay with the program and learn the ins and outs of the system.
          I, too, think Zacharov has great potential. I think that he and Ballo are true centers.

I fondly remember the front line shift with JW3/Karno to Collins/Sabonis (from memory), and could see the same with Ballo/Watson and Zacharov/Timme.
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• IowaSERE
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Oct 2008

If we do get a transfer or 2 who have to sit out a year, they will have a heck of a schedule to showcase their talent with KU and Tex on the schedule for 2022

Comment

• YankMyZAG
              Bulldog Fan
              • Sep 2019

Originally posted by willandi View Post
              I, too, think Zacharov has great potential. I think that he and Ballo are true centers.

I fondly remember the front line shift with JW3/Karno to Collins/Sabonis (from memory), and could see the same with Ballo/Watson and Zacharov/Timme.
              I agree about pavel. His athleticism jumped out to me and could be a good contributor

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by cggonzaga
                I have a problem with you too. Should’ve been banned for your remarks in this thread.
                Cut it out, folks. The original poster made a poor decision in posting. Subsequent posters have made poor decisions. It should stop here.

Back to transfers. And perhaps tacos. But mostly transfers.

Comment

• Kiddwell
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by YankMyZAG View Post
                  I agree about pavel. His athleticism jumped out to me and could be a good contributor
                  I'm with you, Yank. Pavel was a Top-100 guy out of high school (ESPN). As for Arlauskus, I think it was 247 Sports that rated him very highly in GU's recruiting class. Why would these guys wish to transfer? IMHO, these two will be studs before their eligibility is exhausted.

:]
                  Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• bdmiller7
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                    I'm with you, Yank. Pavel was a Top-100 guy out of high school (ESPN). As for Arlauskus, I think it was 247 Sports that rated him very highly in GU's recruiting class. Why would these guys wish to transfer? IMHO, these two will be studs before their eligibility is exhausted.

:]
                    I envision Arlauskas as a better Jeremy Jones by the end of his career. Good defender, play multiple positions, do all the little things to help the team win without scoring a ton. Just like Jones he will be the difference between a W and an L in some games.

I think Zakharov could be Petrusev good by his senior year, but more athletic. I wouldnt be surprised if he is 250 in another year or two. He has tree trunks for legs, just is young and needs to fill out. I would guess he just has played far less basketball than a lot of these guys from countries like Serbia and Lithuania.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
                      I envision Arlauskas as a better Jeremy Jones by the end of his career. Good defender, play multiple positions, do all the little things to help the team win without scoring a ton. Just like Jones he will be the difference between a W and an L in some games.

I think Zakharov could be Petrusev good by his senior year, but more athletic. I wouldnt be surprised if he is 250 in another year or two. He has tree trunks for legs, just is young and needs to fill out. I would guess he just has played far less basketball than a lot of these guys from countries like Serbia and Lithuania.
                      I can get around both predictions, given of course, that Pavel and Petrusev are different players and will impact the game in different ways.

Comment

• bdmiller7
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
                        I can get around both predictions, given of course, that Pavel and Petrusev are different players and will impact the game in different ways.
                        Ya I dont think the same kind of player, but the same kind of impact. All-Conference level player.

Comment

• LTownZag
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by doctorzag
                          Dumb Libs always have to bring politics onto the board
                          I just like how this doctor has the hubris to call others dumb after publicly making the string of posts they made 2-3 weeks ago, like:

if your[SIC] under the age of 50 your chances of contracting and dying from this flu is extremely minute. Just like the common flu, only the elderly are at greater risk.
                          Media doing their best to disrupt and politicize this situation. Shame. Approx. 50 people will die today in the USA from the common flu. Almost all of them will be elderly.
                          (death rate already established at ~10x, or 1000% of the flu)

The WCC tournament in Vegas and March Madness will go as scheduled. 100% . Media over-hyping virus

Comment

Working...
                          X