Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Akinjo

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Conceding that priority, it'd still be nice to recruit some depth behind Suggs. Suggs in No. 1, no doubt, but this kid looks promising as a backup.

:]
    I don't think James sees himself as a backup.

"Many of you have been following recent news regarding our Men's Basketball Team. Yesterday, we announced that two students, James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc, will not be members of the team for the remainder of the season as they have expressed an interest in transferring from the University. Separately, allegations were reported publicly against three members of the team. The allegations do not involve James Akinjo."

https://guhoyas.com/news/2019/12/3/m...athletics.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "Many of you have been following recent news regarding our Men's Basketball Team. Yesterday, we announced that two students, James Akinjo and Josh LeBlanc, will not be members of the team for the remainder of the season as they have expressed an interest in transferring from the University. Separately, allegations were reported publicly against three members of the team. The allegations do not involve James Akinjo."

https://guhoyas.com/news/2019/12/3/m...athletics.aspx
    Very nicely done Georgetown as their initial announcement was very poorly worded
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Sounds like a poisonous place. Maybe he’s smart to jump ship. He might fit here. Even if Suggs comes he may be 1 and done. Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Akinjo wasn't named as one of three on ESPN that had legal issues. Maybe he just didn't want to be in that environment but he didn't have the restraining order or the accusations of assault/burglarly on him from the article. Again, just wanted to clarify about him, in regards to the article, as this is how rumors start. The next thing you know people start implicating him without knowing anything factual. Maybe he was dismissed, I don't know, but we need to trust our staff as always.
    Agreed. Thanks for keeping me on track. Rumor mills are hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Very nicely done Georgetown as their initial announcement was very poorly worded
    Also agreed. A bit lazy to be naming him in such company without clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by LeightonZag View Post
    Just announced his immediate transfer from Georgetown. Big east freshman of the year last year. Averaged 13, 3, and 5 last year on some iffy shooting splits (37/39/81). His shooting numbers are even lower this year but he is an intriguing prospect at pg.

His name is already being linked to Gonzaga on twitter and it sounds like he's made it clear he will be heading back to the west coast. Most likely would sit out a year so a possible takeover option IF (big if) we get suggs and he's a one and done. '

I also want to make it clear he is NOT tied to any of the legal troubles currently plaguing some of Georgetown's roster. It appears is transfer is wholly separate.
    https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...88999033507842

@AdamZagoria

I'm told @ZagMBB is one of the schools Akinjo is considering.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I would say that Twitter got a little ahead of themselves today... Gonzaga priority number 1, 2, and 3 currently is Mr. Suggs and all indications of my last check in indicate he will be a Zag.
    That's the post I've been logging in 10 times a day to see!

May I ask when this last check in was?

Gee, I thought this might get moved to the whelping box since he is considering the Zags, but I guess general basketball is more fitting if he is very unlikely to wind up in Spokane...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    That's the post I've been logging in 10 times a day to see!

May I ask when this last check in was?
    This week. Things are looking really really good for Suggs (and Chet).

Default Declare Day? Today?

Is Kiddwell's brain failing him, or did someone somewhere say that Suggs was going to declared on December 4th? Sure seems like I read that weeks ago. Hope so, as today's...

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

That is an interesting tattoo on James' right forearm.

That's an easy fix. Just cover up the bottom of the 'R', and change MURDA to MUDDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Is Kiddwell's brain failing him ...:]
    Yup. January 4 (they said).
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post

Stats are what they are. if hes smart and of good character, we couldve used him this year for sure.
    Thats a big if. Akinjo is a bundle of problems . Bad attitude,selfish and a poor teammate. Was crazy jealous over the attention one of his teammates was getting. No way we see him in a Zag uniform. Look for him to land in Arizona.