Thread: What keeps you coming back

Hybrid View

Default What keeps you coming back

I've been around here for 15 years or more now. Honestly, I stopped counting along time ago. Well, haha actually I never have counted. Ha ha h a ha...but it's been a long time. I was thinking about it this morning. Why I keep coming around here and sharing with you all. For me it's sharing with you what I feel when I go back to Gonzaga, sometimes alone, some times with my kids or and grandkids, and I walk through the campus and just feel the spirit that is there. There's nothing really like it, as it feels so over powering in a good, loving way. And then I remember what it was like back in the late 60's when I went to school there.

Sometimes, while I'm walking through the campus I run in to a few students, and man oh man, are they ever friendly to me. Sometimes we'll stop and talk a little, and there's nothing quite like that. It is a feeling of a close family. I remember one time when I was strolling along the way. It was a very special day as new students were on campus with their parents (I think for the first time), and they were signing up for clubs to be in. There were booths along the pathway, filled with energetic Gonzaga Students. I just had to stop and talk to a few of them. AND whenever I told them I used to go to Gonzaga, they immediately treat me like I'm there brother (or dad...or actually their grandfather...hahahahaha).

When I watch Gonzaga play basketball I get that same feeling. It's just so special. I am here because most of the time I want to share that spirit with you all here. And most of the time we do. Sometimes, as you know, I don't..Times when I'm quite upset over a loss. Sometimes I embarrass myself and have to apologize. I know that most of you who come and participate with us here, or just come and read, have gone to Gonzaga, or go to Gonzaga, or just love Gonzaga basketball for some reason. I think Gonzaga's basketball team really has captured what that Spirit at the University is all about. It's a special place that's for sure, and it's a special kind of team. Sure the Zags are certainly winners, but it's honestly more than just the winning that attracts me to the team. AND if you have seen them play in K2 or the Kennel, in the last so many years, than you know what i'm talking about. And if you've been lucky enough to have gone downstairs where some gather to meet and talk before the game, and eat a little of the food and drink that's been prepared, and have met some of the players (current and past) who gather there after the games, than you really know what I'm talking about.

Maybe I'm still in the Thanksgiving spirit. But I sure love this men's basketball forum. Sometimes we quarrel or say stupid things to each other, but for me, it's okay because that's part of what being in a family is for me. Maybe inside i'm still a little kid who can get hurt, or mad one day, and by the next day everything is forgotten, and it's a new day with events to conquer and go through together. Keep comin back. All of you. You all really make this a very special community of Gonzaga basketball lovers.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I sure enjoy talking Zags (and other important things) with you at our “coffee” meetings, Reborn. Will let
    you know next time I am in your neck of the woods.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

This is the only place that will tolerate me, and often barely at that. Happy TG, Bornie; and all.....

I live in Missouri 63 Miles SW of Saint Louis. Being able to talk to fellow zag fans is amazing.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

The cash and prizes. . .and it beats working
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-02-2019 at 08:35 PM.

You know how you go to thanksgiving with your wife and she meets everyone whos clearly more weird than you, and you return to your "normal" life thankful that you have it so good? Well, this board is something like that. There's the weirdos, the crazies, etc. And I get to be that guy for you, and vice versa. That and my wife is completely indifferent to GU basketball and so I need to be able to talk to people who speak my language.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    This is the only place that will tolerate me, and often barely at that. Happy TG, Bornie; and all.....
    hahahahahaha.....hahahaha hahahah Classic post, Jazz. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I sure enjoy talking Zags (and other important things) with you at our “coffee” meetings, Reborn. Will let
    you know next time I am in your neck of the woods.
    Nothing like talking Zagsisms in person with a fellow Board member. I'll be waiting for the call, GoZags!

I'm just here so I don't get fined bro!

I have been a Zags fan since the eighties. I caught the sickness from my dad. Maybe missed watching 20 games in all those years. Only been to the kennel once. I flew my dad to Spokane around 5 years ago from Arizona to watch a game. Been coming here and to the old forum for a long time to get my fix. Never post but enjoy reading all the posts. My dad still alive and we talk on the phone 5 days a week hashing over games, players, future players etc. Easy team to love. You guys and gals keep posting. It helps me get from game to game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Baker! no more lurking!!

I enjoy everything Gonzaga, read every article, and thread available.
    Got roped in by Karnowski his freshman year, since I was born and raised in Poland myself (now living in Ireland). Really easy to be a fan of such great team. The only downside are 2am games considering time difference between our countries. Since 2012 I have missed watching 1 game. I've been at 1 away game at SMU in Dallas, attended two WCC tournaments, and 1 home game in Spokane (thanks to one of the nice season ticket holders). Now planning on attending Orlando tournament next year to watch me some Zags.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

31 more days.