Thread: ESPN Power Rankings: Zags at 8.

Default ESPN Power Rankings: Zags at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Surprised your up so early!!!

Interesting on how they justify GU at 8 but someone has to be #8 so why not us

Power Rankings have Louisville as 1, MICHIGAN 2, Ohio St 4, North Carolina 7, Michigan St 11 (mmmmm Not so sure on this one),
    Arizona 12 (I'm happy to see this one), Oregon 16th,

BPI has us at 8 also. I've always liked the BPI rankings, second only to KenPom.
    BPI has Michigan ranked 36th pup 18 places, Dayton ranked 33rd up 17 places. Like Michigan they had a very good Holiday Tournament.
    BPI has San Diego St ranked 26th up 16 places. I have not seen them play yet.
    Seton Hall is ranked 25 up 9 places. I wonder why Michigan isn't ranked higher than Seton Hall.
    St Mary's is ranked 37th. Down 7. I'm surprised they aren't ranked higher after beating Utah St., BYU 60th (seems low BPI has them at 50). San Francisco 104th, and Pepperdine 119th. Santa Clara 125th.

KenPom, which is my favorite ranking site, has Gonzaga ranked 9th, Michigan ranked 10th (that seems a lot better than BPI ranking), Seton Hall 16th (also much better), Oregon 17th (mmmmm), North Carolina 12th, Dayton 23rd, St Mary's 40th, San Diego St 36th, Arizona 19th, UW 45t.

I read an article on the Power Ranking site about Manning disciplined 4 of Wake Forest's players by suspending them from last night's game vs arizona. They played pretty well considering that 4 of their players didn't play.

Louisville (#1 in Power Ranking) plays Michigan this week (Tuesday) at Louisville.....Gonzaga plays Washington Sunday
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

The new Bracketology is out. Michigan is a No 1 seed in the West Region. Gonzaga was dropped to a No 3 seed in West Region. Duke is No 2 in West Region. Dayton is No 6 in the West. What did Joe Lunardi do? Did he stick all the best teams in the West Region? Oh! Oregon is #4 in the West Region.

Joe doesn't know how to handle so many PAC 12 teams being relevant.... it's a sign of the apocalypse.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Arizona feels overrated. I don't think they belong in the conversation with Oregon and Gonzaga. I'm basing this assessment on the Pepperdine game. I watched it tip to buzzer and Arizona felt very underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Arizona feels overrated. I don't think they belong in the conversation with Oregon and Gonzaga. I'm basing this assessment on the Pepperdine game. I watched it tip to buzzer and Arizona felt very underwhelming.
    not a zona apologist, but that was probably their worst game of the year...and pepp played well. basing things off one game...if you only watched ut-arlington or michigan, well...

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Yeah! They looked better last night against Wake, but then I read this morning that 4 players for Wake were suspended for the game. ha! I can hardly wait to play them. Zags have 3 really good games ahead of them. Kind of like the Thanksgiving Tournament, but this time the team will have a number of days off to prepare and rest between games.

Goes to show that one game isn't the end all, be all. I think Michigan is very underrated in the 30's though. Based on what I've seen so far...all of Michigan, Oregon, Gonzaga, and Seton Hall are Top 15 level teams.