Thread: Teardrop Floaters make me cry.

Default Teardrop Floaters make me cry.

I don't remember ever watching a team that throws up so many floaters, and rarely ever makes them. Outside of Tille, I wish that no one on our team would attempt them!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    I don't remember ever watching a team that throws up so many floaters, and rarely ever makes them. Outside of Tille, I wish that no one on our team would attempt them!
    I’ll add that NO ONE other than Joel and Tils should drive to the basket. Six things can happen and 5 are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I’ll add that NO ONE other than Joel and Tils should drive to the basket. Six things can happen and 5 are bad.
    Agreed
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I was worried about this early in the season. Floaters and layups work against inferior teams. Teams now will eat us up and make the shots much tougher. Alot of film to dissect so hoping we can learn and adapt moving forward.
    America's Team!

I think I disagree with this one, Jazz. Every good basketball player needs to be able to drive to the basket. Otherwise, your defender will smother you to death. Just like every good guard, imo, needs to be able to shoot from the outside. Otherwise, your defender just play off of you and let you shoot. The tear drop, or floater, is a great shot to master. It takes a lot of practice to master it. I do believe that Gilder can shoot that shot, and has done so many, many times. I must believe that his injury keeps him from elevating the way he needs to. I'm really pulling for him, because I do believe he has the talent to play at GU. I truly hope he becomes able to overcome the injury.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

One of the dumbest thoughts I've read on this forum.

Timme has done well finishing after a shot fake. Kispert many times has finished strong at the rim. Many encourage more from him. Both guards in the past before being hobbled in the first game of Atlantis have been known as slashers. We need more of this. It opens up the 3pnt line and makes the ball screen more effective.

After one loss against a great, mature team on the 3rd day of a tournament with 3 hobbled players and another not able to play due to an injury you think that's the answer. Wow!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

More impressive than a dunk.....like stealing ….

Don't understand why players don't use the backboard on floaters, especially those directly in front of the basket. Just float it gently over the basket and the backboard will forgive slightly off power shots way better than the rim does. Doesn't look cool enough, I guess.