View Poll Results: The Zags W - L Record for December Will Be . . .

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6 -0

5 7.81%
  • 5 - 1

19 29.69%
  • 4 - 2

33 51.56%
  • 3 - 3

7 10.94%
  • 2 - 4

0 0%

Thread: The Zags W - L Record for December Will Be . . .

Default The Zags W - L Record for December Will Be . . .

What do you think the final month of 2019 will bring ?

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

For reference, December games:

12/4: Texas Southern
    12/8: @UW
    12/14: @Arizona
    12/18: UNC
    12/21: EWU
    12/30: Detroit Mercy

If zags can win 1 of those 3 tough games, take care of the cupcakes, that’d be 12-3 to start conference. Still on pace for protected Spokane seed but very little margin for error against our conference foes.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    If zags can win 1 of those 3 tough games, take care of the cupcakes, that’d be 12-3 to start conference. Still on pace for protected Spokane seed but very little margin for error against our conference foes.
    UNC & Arizona feature two of the best bigs in college hoops this season.

I feel our bigs are simply too soft to contain them.

They both feature dual 6'9"+ 240lb+ bigs.

Tille can out play them if healthy, yet Petrusev & Timme will have their shots blocked and rebounds swiped away time after time.

Our guards cant be trusted, save Ayayi, yet not a true lead guard, more dynamic off guard playing PG when in.

Kispert can be face guarded, and is athletic yet lacks the quickness to escape pressure or get open.

We match up decently well with UW, that's our best chance to escape with a win imho.

Even UW has Isaiah Stewart and Jaden McDaniels up front.

I'll go with 4-2.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I'll go with 4-2.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Yes...road wins against good teams are very difficult to win and UW and Arizona are better than good...

Went 3-3 but could have easily gone 4-2. No way they don’t come away with 3 wins. Think they could win one of the Zona, UNC, UW games. But for now sticking with them posting 3 Ls
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

3 and 3 and i could see 4 and 2. It will be a learning experience.
    Love the zags for life

Arizona barely escaped Pepperdine. Their defense is garbage

UW will be tough Bc we just can’t ever do well va a 2-3 zone against higher ranked ppponents it seems. UNC I hate that game but outside of Anthony they’ve been in real trouble
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

UW will be a good game, and I hope a close one. Thank God Isaiah Stewart will only be a Husky one year. 3rd highest recruit of entire 2019 class. I have seen all their games and have not heard one broadcast where the announcers did not go on and on about his athleticism, basketball IQ, and body as if chiseled from marble. Its hard to believe he's only 6' 9" because without knowing that an observer might assume he is 7'
    One good thing is Petrusev is getting the best schooling a big could get out of any year of Zags before conference schedule. I hope by end of Dec his confidence is still intact.
    had to go 4-2

I feel strongly that 5-1 happens. UW is mediocre plus three large favorite games. That means we split with UNC and Arizona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are better than Arizona and UW for sure. UA almost lost to Pepperdine. We can hang with UNC especially at home.

Round of 64 - TX Southern
    Round of 32 - UW
    Sweet 16 - Arizona
    Elite 8 - UNC

4 and 2.

4 and 2, for me as well. The UW game concerns me most in that it occurs only a week from tomorrow, giving the walking (and sitting) wounded little time to recover. Arizona on the road will be a stiff test as well. I think we handle the Tarheels in McCarthey. A healthy Anton Watson could tip the scales for the Zags down in Arizona. It's entirely possible we drop all 3 of these games if our guards continue to be hampered by their injuries. Don't want to even think about that now. Job 1 is to get guys healthy and beat Texas Southern.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    4 and 2, for me as well. The UW game concerns me most in that it occurs only a week from tomorrow, giving the walking (and sitting) wounded little time to recover. Arizona on the road will be a stiff test as well. I think we handle the Tarheels in McCarthey. A healthy Anton Watson could tip the scales for the Zags down in Arizona. It's entirely possible we drop all 3 of these games if our guards continue to be hampered by their injuries. Don't want to even think about that now. Job 1 is to get guys healthy and beat Texas Southern.
    If you haven't seen UW play, watch one. It will make you feel much better as they aren't a very good team. A lot of talent that doesn't play together. I would expect a double digit win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I feel strongly that 5-1 happens. UW is mediocre plus three large favorite games. That means we split with UNC and Arizona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

All in. 6-0.

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    All in. 6-0.
    I like it. Go big or go home.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I like it. Go big or go home.
    Well, I believe they can win any of those tough games on a coinflip. So .5 x .5 x.5 = 13%, which I think is reasonable enough odds to go for it. Interestingly the predictions are not terribly far off of 13% for 6-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    If you haven't seen UW play, watch one. It will make you feel much better as they aren't a very good team. A lot of talent that doesn't play together. I would expect a double digit win.
    Will be tuning in tonight (Monday) for the Huskies' game vs South Dakota (Pac-12 network)
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

5-1 losing to Washington.

I'm thinking 4-2, but 3-3 is also a possibility. That's a tough stretch - and after the Michigan game I'm a little worried some of the warts of this team have been exposed. I will say, however, that this will be a fun season to watch how this team improves over the balance of the season. I believe Few will get this team playing well and will be well prepared for March Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by CdAZagFan View Post
    I'm thinking 4-2, but 3-3 is also a possibility. That's a tough stretch - and after the Michigan game I'm a little worried some of the warts of this team have been exposed. I will say, however, that this will be a fun season to watch how this team improves over the balance of the season. I believe Few will get this team playing well and will be well prepared for March Madness.
    I think you are putting way too much into one game. I would be floored if we lost to UW, they are just not very good, so the floor shouldn't be any worse than 4-2.