Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 170

Thread: Zags vs Michigan Post game thoughts

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    39

    Default

    At this point the only reason Ayayi is not starting is age. He is 19, Gilder is 23. Let’s give him the keys. This team’s upside may depend on him.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    You are the one who brought me up TOUGH GUY. Seems like you got all moist. I just observed the game and actually cuz you are a Few swinger, you should go check him.

    He said they were soft and lacked toughness. Damn you are struggling right now. You are thinking if i keep calling out zags11, im calling out my idol Few. What to do, what to do.
    Love the zags for life

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Again its who people like. I had to hear at nasuesm about meech. Some of the same people who wanted meech to do something on offense as it was "4 on 5". Is kispert better on offense then meech? 100%. But today kispert had 3 shots all game so the game was like 4 on 5. Id rather kispert go 2 for 13 when it mattered then not shoot when you can shoot. Any player for that matter.

    So to me it perfectly fair.
    kispert even if he isn't shooting is getting a lot of defensive attention...meech didn't need to be guarded...big difference. if anything, you can compare woolridge to meech, but not kispert.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sylean View Post
    you know, it the team had to loose this was the game to do it.....early in the season.......I'm not discouraged.....

    but I don't think we should play in the Battle for Atlantis again anytime soon.....maybe not ever until the facilities are cleaned up a bit.
    I believe the NCAA has a 4 year rule for playing in tournaments. We won't get an open invite to Atlantis until 2023 at the earliest. Hopefully they figure out the A/C by then.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    kispert even if he isn't shooting is getting a lot of defensive attention...meech didn't need to be guarded...big difference. if anything, you can compare woolridge to meech, but not kispert.
    I still would prefer my scorer to shoot. Or drive or do anything.
    Love the zags for life

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    You are the one who brought me up TOUGH GUY. Seems like you got all moist. I just observed the game and actually cuz you are a Few swinger, you should go check him.

    He said they were soft and lacked toughness. Damn you are struggling right now. You are thinking if i keep calling out zags11, im calling out my idol Few. What to do, what to do.
    Yes he did. For this game. Not the entire season.

    This team is a ton of different parts with very little experience in the system they are playing. Mix that with a super-tight rotation the day before with multiple players putting in 40+ minutes and finish it off with a team that is on absolute fire right now and you get today's result.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  7. #57

    Default

    Man some of the people on this board are absolutely pathetic. Nothing like hiding behind a keyboard and trashing a bunch of 18-22 year old kids. Funny how fast people go from drinking the Kool-Aid to hating on the team in the blink of an eye. Reborn for someone who loves to talk about your past basketball career you should know that sometimes the ball just doesnt bounce your way. Tons of missed bunnies, tough calls, injuries etc going against the zags. Still came out of this 2-1 with a win vs a top 15 team. People need to chill out

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    I still would prefer my scorer to shoot. Or drive or do anything.
    He has in every other game he has played save this one. Even when he was off... he was shooting. Did he even come out of the Oregon game at all? I ask because I'd be fatigue could be a factor.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Yes he did. For this game. Not the entire season.

    This team is a ton of different parts with very little experience in the system they are playing. Mix that with a super-tight rotation the day before with multiple players putting in 40+ minutes and finish it off with a team that is on absolute fire right now and you get today's result.
    Sure and i would believe he thinks they might be a little soft anyway. Michigan whipped us. Few said what i said but a little more actually. Im also sure the staff wants CK to do more in 35mpg.
    Love the zags for life

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    You are the one who brought me up TOUGH GUY. Seems like you got all moist. I just observed the game and actually cuz you are a Few swinger, you should go check him.

    He said they were soft and lacked toughness. Damn you are struggling right now. You are thinking if i keep calling out zags11, im calling out my idol Few. What to do, what to do.
    You seem rather upset right now. Will you be waiting at the airport for the Zags to land so you can flex your keyboard muscles, show the Zags what a true warrior looks like?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Sure and i would believe he thinks they might be a little soft anyway. Michigan whipped us. Few said what i said but a little more actually. Im also sure the staff wants CK to do more in 35mpg.
    Michigan throttled UNC. Are they soft? How many injuries did UNC come into the UM game with? Just curious.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    He has in every other game he has played save this one. Even when he was off... he was shooting. Did he even come out of the Oregon game at all? I ask because I'd be fatigue could be a factor.
    Kispert scored 11 points in 5 minutes yesterday. Then didnt score until final 2 minutes of regulation. (Big shots though) CK stopped shooting for 30 minutes.

    Yes i think he was tired but they still 18 to 22 year olds so shouldnt be horrible but fatigue does make a play.
    Love the zags for life

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    You seem rather upset right now. Will you be waiting at the airport for the Zags to land so you can flex your keyboard muscles, show the Zags what a true warrior looks like?
    Give it a rest. When people want to troll the team... let them... just stopping feeding it.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Michigan throttled UNC. Are they soft? How many injuries did UNC come into the UM game with? Just curious.
    Idk i didnt watch UNC. UNC might lack the skill our guys have. I just feel like they need to be stronger with the ball underneath. Again Few said they were soft and lacked toughness. It showed even if he meant only today. Drew shied away from contact. Our guards are more physical then our post players.

    It doesnt mean they arent skilled. They very skilled finesse players.
    Love the zags for life

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Yeah normally I am a pretty pessimistic guy but I don't think this is anywhere near the end of the world. Its a young team playing with three hobbled starters and missing depth in the form of Watson. A week of rest with a cupcake on Wednesday should do wonders for this team. Honestly I see them going 2-1 between U-Dub/Arizona/UNC which should be good enough for a protected seed come March barring any sort of collapse in conference.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Agreed.

    This team is tired and hurt. They just didn’t have enough left to compete against Michigan. They need a week to recuperate before they face another quality opponent. Fortunately, they have a few days off followed by a home game against a bad North Texas team.
    Houston is about 250 miles from North Texas. That's why the game will be shown on the Rockets regional station.

    I get it, Texas is a big state...lol.

    ETA: We had a small watch party at the local Twin Peaks. It was a very distracting venue, lol. Food and beer were excellent, as always.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    You seem rather upset right now. Will you be waiting at the airport for the Zags to land so you can flex your keyboard muscles, show the Zags what a true warrior looks like?
    Or i could meet up with u and we can talk.
    Love the zags for life

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Gonzaga, like all the other teams are going to drop some games. Taking shots at players is pitiful. As fans we are spoiled with the success of the team. I get a little tired of whiners when things go south.

    Give me a healthy team in march and see how it goes. I'm really impressed with this team. The guards have been in the system months not years and will improve. The youth of Timme showed up but his efforts were 100%. Kispert played great this week. Michigan took him out of it this game. Tillie is getting back into the swing. Joel wasn't effective today but shows greatness in the future. Filip shows great growth from last season and will improve as the season goes.

    Michigan did the same to North Carolina. They may be the best team in the B10. It's not a fluke that they are undefeated.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Agree

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Give it a rest. When people want to troll the team... let them... just stopping feeding it.
    So im a troll LIZ? Lol. You are better then this. I said what few said.


    Next on KHQ "Mark few is a troll. Mark calls team soft and is now a troll."

    I been a fan before the streak sneaking into K1 and radio. Im saying same thing Few said.
    Love the zags for life

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Zags got beat by a better team today. Not only that, the Zags are a walking wounded. Hard to play at your best, when you don't have your best on the court. Anyways, how are the Wolverines not ranked? The ESPN guys said they should be, and after today, I would vote them in the top ten.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    UNC might lack the skill our guys have.

    Ummm ranked #6 in the country with a guy like Cole Anthony likely going top 3 in the draft and they have less talent than GU?

    Look... trash the team, coach, whomever you want... but come on.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Give it a rest. When people want to troll the team... let them... just stopping feeding it.
    best to put on ignore....just works

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagman22 View Post
    Man some of the people on this board are absolutely pathetic. Nothing like hiding behind a keyboard and trashing a bunch of 18-22 year old kids. Funny how fast people go from drinking the Kool-Aid to hating on the team in the blink of an eye. Reborn for someone who loves to talk about your past basketball career you should know that sometimes the ball just doesnt bounce your way. Tons of missed bunnies, tough calls, injuries etc going against the zags. Still came out of this 2-1 with a win vs a top 15 team. People need to chill out
    If you are referring to me i said what few said. He said what i said. So few is pathetic? Nobody is saying they are losers. They got bullied today.

    Zags will make a sweet 16 and will learn from all this. They are young upfront.
    Love the zags for life

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Ummm ranked #6 in the country with a guy like Cole Anthony likely going top 3 in the draft and they have less talent than GU?

    Look... trash the team, coach, whomever you want... but come on.
    I said "might". Lol. I didnt trash anyone. I said what few said. You got a problem with saying what few said, call up few.
    Love the zags for life

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    So im a troll LIZ? Lol. You are better then this. I said what few said.


    Next on KHQ "Mark few is a troll. Mark calls team soft and is now a troll."

    I been a fan before the streak sneaking into K1 and radio. Im saying same thing Few said.
    Few isn't harping on it. Few isn't discounting many issues including 3 guys playing injured. Take a few deep breaths and calm down just a smidge. Because, based on your history... YOU are better than this.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •