View Poll Results: Who is the player of the game?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ayayi

30 26.79%
  • Petrusev

65 58.04%
  • Woolridge

4 3.57%
  • Kispert

12 10.71%
  • Other

1 0.89%

Thread: GUnit of the Game - Duck Hunters Edition - 11.28.19

Default GUnit of the Game - Duck Hunters Edition - 11.28.19

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401183481

This was a tough defensive brawl. Who did the most to gut out the win?
    Last edited by Martin Centre Mad Man; 11-28-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Gotta go with the Serbian warrior. Solid throughout; special notice to CK and JA for another solid performance in a game where every possession matters.

Went with woolridge for his calm demeanor in breaking the Oregon pressure which really felt like a non issue due to him in my opinion. Hard to not pick Kispert for the 5 3’s though including a couple CLUTCH ones. Kispert 12 for 16 3’s in the tournament??? That will straighten the percentage out a bit!

Impressive game by everyone, especially considering the injuries. But I went with Woolridge. Running the team, breaking the pressure and keeping Prichard from going off all while obviously being in pain

Petrusev for me, in a poorly shot game those rebounds amongst the likes of those aggressive and athletic duck forwards was critical.

Also calm sinking free throws near the end of the game.

Woolridge and Ayayi also deserve praise, both held up the guards end of the bargain on a tough outing by Gilder.

Petrol is what fuels the fire
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Petrusev….just because some thing is obvious doesn't meant it is wrong....

Petrusive. Points and rebounds. Just Awesome game.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Petrusive. Points and rebounds. Just Awesome game.
    Petrusev coulda had 35 tonight, if he could find a way to convert layups or shots vs athletic defenders.

He needs an extra move, or an up.and under like Clarke used to do to finish around the hoop.

Player of the game, yet must find a way to finish, draw more contact, or get a clean look when he catches it 2 feet from the hoop.

Petrusev had a great stat line, but also hit two key free throws at the end and hauled in the tough rebound at the end

Team! Entire team (minus) worked their butts off and won this game for themselves and Coach Few! Petrusev led, but everyone contributed. Hope they have something left after some sleep.

Grit, guts and persistence. Proud of and for these guys!! Whatever happens tomorrow, they will return home winners.

Go Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Petrusev….just because some thing is obvious doesn't meant it is wrong....
    Ditto
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Watched the game on DVR (after Thanksgiving fun & games ). . .I think Filip was the bad boy mower of the night. He's like a combo of Karnowski and Collins, with a Sabonis chaser. If he can stop getting his pocket picked ( Sacre comes to mind) he'll help them get to the promised land.

Happy Thanksgiving. #gozags

Petrusev is the obvious choice, but Joel is becoming my favorite Zag this year
    . Iceman!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Vote goes to Filip, he gave us a lot of production point-wise and defensively. He showed more emotion today than I've seen from him before, and that's a good thing! Ayayi gets my runnerup vote for POG. Truly a team effort though with Corey hitting those clutch 3's in crunch time. That was a very satisfying win for this old Zagfan!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

- voted for fillip, but man he has to make a move to the basket quicker, quit waiting for the defense to come and then think you are going to fake them up with a head fake.
    - good player, with some more coaching and improvement he is going to be our go to guy I believe.

- I do not know much about defense, just watching my t.v., but I see Pritchard had a poor shooting game, so I will give some credit to woolridge for that.
    - oh yeah, man of man is woolridge a press buster, one man show. best Gonzaga has had in my opinion.

Kispert got us out to our early lead and hit some HUGE threes down the stretch. My vote goes to him but I thought Ayayi played solid and Petrusev was really good as well.

I voted for Ayayi for many of the reasons you all shared in the thread about him.

I thought about voting for Woolridge just to acknowledge how hard he played on that bad leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Petrusev coulda had 35 tonight, if he could find a way to convert layups or shots vs athletic defenders.

He needs an extra move, or an up.and under like Clarke used to do to finish around the hoop.

Player of the game, yet must find a way to finish, draw more contact, or get a clean look when he catches it 2 feet from the hoop.
    I agree but I voted for him anyway, the dunk was an exclamation point.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Kispert gets my vote because his red hot start got a Zags’ squad reeling from injuries off to a confidence boosting start. Huge
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Woolridge was a press master, he moved like liquid through matrix out there.

Ayayi with amazing rebounding and some clutch shots. Best perimeter D I've seen him play.

Filip had so many great rebounds and amazing footwork down low.

Timme played like an upperclassman at times.

CK kept stroking like butter.

I'll go with Woolridge since he had the toughest defensive assignment, played hurt, and decimated the Ducks game strategy.

voted petrusev but gotta say 40+ minutes with only 2 turnovers against that duck press is pretty impressive...solid defense on pritchard as well

It's getting tougher to single out one player ... and that's good. I went with Ayayi. Last year at this time I sure didn't think Joel was going to be that good of a Zag - especially by now. Glad I was wrong