Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joel Ayayi

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Zach who?
    Ay Yay Yay!

I really like the tandem of Ayayi and Woolridge. In the UW game they showed how well their styles go together and present real problems for teams defending them. Ayayi has such a smooth style. He is somewhat slow and deliberate as he analyzes the defenses as he dribbles down court. Woolridge on the other hand, attacks mercilessly. He just doesn't let up. His style has been creating turnovers, but it's getting better, and I think it will continue to get better. Since this is a thread about Ayayi I'll focus on him. He showed that he has the ability to create many kinds of different shots. He is definitely one player who can create his own shots. In this game against the UW, he missed many of them, but he was so wide open he had to take them. I can guarantee you that before to long he will be hitting many of them.

I love Ayayi's confidence. AND confidence is perhaps one of the most important things in any game, AND it's good to know that in the game of basketball Gonzaga has a player who has IT. It's good to see that he has that confidence to take the shots that he did at the end of this really important game. And even though he missed his next to last shot, he had the confidence to come down court the very next time with the game clock running out, and nail that 3 pointer that put the nail in the Husky coffin. I love that kind of confidence.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

SSF talks Ayayi:

As the conductor of the Ayayi express, I want him on the floor for 40 minutes per game. With that said, I do think Ayayi was perfect in the 6th man role and I think it’s the most effective role that Gonzaga could deploy him in this season assuming that Gilder returns to form. If that doesn’t happen, however, Ayayi has shown in Gonzaga’s biggest games to date that he can produce what Gonzaga needs in an expanded role and I don’t see any reason why that can’t continue.
    More Here: https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...source=twitter

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Joel filling in for a missing Norvell nicely. We haven't really mentioned his absence since the season started.

Zach as another experienced zag possibly could have taken this team to another level.

Does having Woolridge as point and Joel getting more minutes make the team better. Would Woolridge and Gilder even been recruited if Zach stayed. One never knows.

I'm glad Joel is blossoming this season. Gives players incentives to stay the course when developing. Examples Jeremy Jones, Kyle Dranginis, and Mike Hart. All became key players in the Zags story.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Zach avg 13 gm, shooting 36% in G league

https://gleague.nba.com/player/zach-norvell-jr-2/

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/12/11/20...ds-lamelo-ball hmmmm Joel 22nd on that mock today

Quote Originally Posted by Zags1993 View Post
    Sheet. He definitely won’t start now.

Better alert Dykes that his boy is 58th.

Tils is 48th.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I couldn't recall if Basketballzag was a team "insider" with access to non-public info. I hope not. Evidence says no, at least concerning his draft claims from the past.

Re: Collins and NWG leaving GU early

Re: 2017 Gonzaga conference realignment

Re: 2 coaches changes that never happened

Re: incorrect draft prediction

re: Collins rookie year

Basketballzag - do you care to divulge what your connection to the team or inside info? I'm curious why you are son sure Ayayi will be gone. If your past predictions are a guide, Ayayi will be here.
    What's the point of your post? How are these opinions any different than the opinions of people who claim he's not ready for the NBA, as if they have a crystal ball? This board is full of "predictions" based on nothing more than someone's subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags1993 View Post
    No Petrusev on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Joel won't be at Gonzaga next year because he will be in the NBA.
    In the Fall of 2017, Mark Few identified Joel Ayayi as Gonzaga's best NBA prospect on the team roster .... with the cavaet that he was projecting into the future (not that Joel was ready for the NBA at 16/17).

I could see this "projection" coming true, BBZ.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Joel won't be at Gonzaga next year because he will be in the NBA.
    I'd bet you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Zach avg 13 gm, shooting 36% in G league

https://gleague.nba.com/player/zach-norvell-jr-2/
    Just cut from the Lakers G-league team.

Hoping he finds a good new home! With the Lakers among the top3 teams in the league this year, it might have been a good thing for Norvell to go elsewhere to a team that might need/use him.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Just cut from the Lakers G-league team.

Hoping he finds a good new home! With the Lakers among the top3 teams in the league this year, it might have been a good thing for Norvell to go elsewhere to a team that might need/use him.
    As long as he’s happy.

Quote Originally Posted by West Side Lady View Post
    No Petrusev on that list.
    The list was crazy. I’m keeping a copy for laughs on draft day.

SI should stick to tennis and golf.
    Parlez-vous français?

Good for Joel. I may eat some crow about my “homerism”’ remark. Anyway, I also noticed the list was West coast heavy with 3 Arizona players plus 2 washington before we get to 22. The Duke Kentucky Kansas Carolina kids notably absent or deep on this list. Killian there late second round but if he plays a lot he will rise

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    The list was crazy. I’m keeping a copy for laughs on draft day.

SI should stick to tennis and golf.
    Regarding Joel?

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Good for Joel. I may eat some crow about my “homerism”’ remark. Anyway, I also noticed the list was West coast heavy with 3 Arizona players plus 2 washington before we get to 22. The Duke Kentucky Kansas Carolina kids notably absent or deep on this list. Killian there late second round but if he plays a lot he will rise

ZZ
    I'm hoping that Donnie Nelson is keeping an eye on Killian. He's just the type of long range bomber the Mavericks need to pair with Luka.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'm hoping that Donnie Nelson is keeping an eye on Killian. He's just the type of long range bomber the Mavericks need to pair with Luka.
    Off-topic, but I remember watching Don Nelson play on Sunday tv for the Celtics back in the 60's. I see he is now 79 years old. Wikipedia says about him:
    "Don Nelson grew up with his family and two sisters on his grandfather’s rural Illinois farm near Sherrard, Illinois. He first learned basketball shooting in the chicken yard where a spokeless bicycle wheel was nailed to the shed to make a basket. Nelson attended a one-room, six-grade, seven-student school." He's also in the Naismith Hall of Fame. Quite a story!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Agreed! Tillie would be fantastic fit w Mavericks. Stretch 4 instant offense off the bench.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Talking about Donn Nelson, I suspect. Don is a pot farmer full time.

Bet Joel gives Arizona fits tomorrow. His knack of getting rebounds alone could win the game for the Zags.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Getting back to Joel Ayayi, I think that tonight he's going to show exactly why the NBA scouts are taking a good look at him. I have this feeling that he's going to have a great game.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Hopefully Joel closes out with his hands up. If we close out on AZ like we have been they'll eat us up from distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    Hopefully Joel closes out with his hands up. If we close out on AZ like we have been they'll eat us up from distance.
    I hope he remembers to put his hands up too! He can play good defense if he combines all the little things with his speed.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    The NBA is well aware of Joel's 6'10" wingspan, yet not sure Joel is...

Rarely puts his hands up vs any shot attempt.

Could disrupt a ton of shots, just as he utilizes his length on rebounds away from him

Man I hate being right about Joel's closeouts. Seriously!!! What are the coaches doing in practice???!!! He should do nothing but hands up closeouts to start and end every practice.