Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Ayayi

Default Joel Ayayi

I felt Joel needed his own thread after that game. Wow, what a performance. Time and time again he was the Zags calming presence in a game where we continually got sped up on offense.

Finished with 13, 5, 3, 2, 1 and most importantly 1 turnover. With the way Gilder, and to some extent Woolridge are playing, I just don't see how you can keep him on the bench much longer.

I'll have to go back and pay attention to his rotational defense but I really thought his on ball defense was exceptional tonight to the point that I was yelling at few to switch him on to Pritchard late in the game. He moves his feet so well and bodies up without fouling. Don't even get me started on his hands and rebounding.

I really hope he continues to his heady play because man he was fun to watch tonight.

That end to end lay-up alone may have lifted us 2 seeds.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

He's been a pleasant surprise and given our lack of depth at the guard position, his solid play couldn't come at a better time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

[QUOTE=billyberu;1485279]He's been a pleasant surprise and given our lack of depth at the guard position, his solid play couldn't come at a better time.

quickly becoming my favorite player...

Great thread. And he is maturing like a fine Bordeaux

Doesn't even resemble the player he was last year. It's a case of Few sticking with him and believing in him that has allowed him to blossom into an entirely confident capable player. His upside is very high IMO.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Man I couldn’t agree more

That fast break reverse lay up saved the game

Just looking at him on the court, his size always impresses me

His rebounding has been huge and he will continue to get minutes bc of that and from an offensive stand point he’s really close to being a playmaker

Gotta agree. We should not be surprised at his expanded game. There was a ton of discussion all summer about what he was doing in the international games. His rebounding is something to see; dropping down to help, leaping over and snagging the ball time and again. Zags really need him.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    Great thread. And he is maturing like a fine Bordeaux
    Grand Cru!

Has he passed gilder in minutes yet?

He has made quite the jump from last year.

Possibly the most improved player in D1 basketball nationally.
    Almost 10 ppg, 53% FG, 44% from 3, second on team in assists, 2nd in rebs.
    Leads team in steals, 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio, and has played with great poise.
    Very happy for this young man.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Grand Cru!

6'10" wingspan

Future first rounder. The most shocking thing has been the improvement of his three point shot. I had no confidence in his outside shooting ability last year, now it looks good almost every time. One of the most impressive off season evolutions I've seen from any Zag.

His development has been fun to watch...crazy that this is his 3rd year at GU and he's still only 19 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zags have their leader. Only reason not to start him is that he brings a sensational spark coming off the bench. Bravo Joel.

I don’t care who is coming in next year, Joel starts.

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    I don’t care who is coming in next year, Joel starts.
    +1

I was glad to see the floater tonight...and the NBA range for 3...and...
    Parlez-vous français?

Watching Ayayi live these past 2 days has really given me an appreciation. Everytime there is a loose ball he has a knack and the quickness to get the ball. His confidence is rising like those cartoon thermometers that eventually bursts when it reaches the top! Been fun watching him, the Kispert resurrection and the entire Zags team!!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Thanks for the in-person testimony, GZF. Hope to hear more from you about your experiences at the B4A

He is the rock right now. Mike Hart on intensity and boards and an offensive force!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Future first rounder. The most shocking thing has been the improvement of his three point shot. I had no confidence in his outside shooting ability last year, now it looks good almost every time. One of the most impressive off season evolutions I've seen from any Zag.
    Completely agree with this....where the heck did that come from?

Joel's turned his Winter game into what we've seen in his Summer efforts. He brings such a new dimension to our guard core. We've waited for him to be what we heard. Now he's arriving. Big, fast, experienced, rebounds, scores well and is a team guy. Can't ask for much more....and he's a load at 6 ft 5 in.