Thread: Post game radio GU-UO

Default Post game radio GU-UO

Bulldogs in the championship game vs. Michigan tomorrow at 11am PST. What a battle it was in the semi-finals 73-72. GU raced out to a big lead making a ton of shots early but it didn't last. GU led for 29 minutes but UO came back. From there there was never more than a 5 point lead. Both teams made big time shots, both teams had big time rebounds. Oregon is really long and athletic but the Zags hung in there. In fact in a game with a ton of rebounds GU won the board 50-45.GU shot only 38.7% but UO was worse at 33.8%. Pritchard led UO in scoring with 17 but he needed 23 shots to get there. Petrusev had 22 for the Zags along with 17 boards, third double double of the season. Kispert 17 and Ayayi 13 round out double figure scorers for the Zags. Duarte 16 and Walker 12 for UO

Michaelson: GU came out with great energy, it was a valiant effort by a lot of guys, not a pretty effort. Admon is hurting, Killian it hurting and that was just a great effort. You know that Oregon zone and their defense is tough. We were down by 4 with just over three to play but we came back. We kind of fell apart on the glass late but we had some guys get some big rebounds when we needed em. That Eurostep by Ayayi late was a great play. We're up two late late in the game and Corey steps up and hits the huge bucket. Even though it wasn't all going right we stepped up under huge pressure. How about Drew with the late free throw. The first one rims out and then he steps up and nails the second. He is just a special special freshman. Michigan has some good guys back and some new faces and Coach Howard has just down an incredible job. Michigan is a Top 10 type team that rolled out there today. Everybody knows about UNC and Mich just rolled em.

Hudson: GU knocks off Oregon 73-72 in OT. GU jumped all over Ducks hitting 10 of their first 18 shots and jumped out to a 24-7 lead but we knew is wasn't gonna be that easy. It was great for the psyche of GU to get out to a lead like that with all the injuries and shorthandess. OU cut the lead to 43-37 at the half and eventually took the lead. And after that the teams pretty much played nip and tuck. Killians numbers aren't fantastic but any stretch with 7 point and 5 rebounds but we were thinking 15 minutes and he gutted out 27. Plus he provided some good senior leadership. If it wasn't Oregon in a big game like this he probably wouldn't have been in there for 27. Kispert late double pump three reminded Hudson and Morrison of Brian Mathews late three. Morrison noted that shot really showed some cajones and if he had missed out Morrison said I would have given him a bad time for taking a bad shot. A good sign also was 80% free throw shooting at 16-20. The Zags were getting beat up on the boards pretty good late but they came up with some huge rebounds when they needed em. Joel was flying at 100 miles an hour on the Eurostep bucket which was pretty much one against three and he still made it. Morrison said two years ago Ayayi never would have made that shot. Pritchard made some big shots yesterday and today but the Zags stopped him on that last shot and the Zags switched on him and didn't let him get to the hoop and got the tieup on the rebound with the arrow in the Zags favor and that was it.
    Last edited by Section 116; 11-28-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks for the recap!!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

If the game was in Nike Town they call the over the back on Petro at end. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    If the game was in Nike Town they call the over the back on Petro at end. Game over.
    There where enough calls that went against the Zags as it was...

We won that's what matters...

Thank you 116! Great stuff

Thanks for the recap!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Jordan Mathews......

Thank you for the correction, Jordan it is. Sometimes I can't keep with the listening and the typing. At my advanced age I am surprised I can do either, let alone simultaneously.

I appreciate the recap ....and of course I appreciated Jordan's 3....

Thanks, 116
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why live in fantasy land, when you can enjoy a great Zag victory in the real world??