• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FloridaZagFan
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • May 2019

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    And Woolridge was excellent all game dealing with the Oregon pressure
    I agree about Woolly. He has great speed with the ball in his hands, he is so smooth you don't realize how fast he is. He hasn't been able to finish around the rim the way he would like, I'm sure that has to do with the fact he's probably only %80 healthy.

Comment

• Goshzagit
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2007

Admon Gilder

What's up with him?

He looks the healthiest of anyone while playing, yet was noticeably limping on dead balls, walks to the bench, change of possession, etc.

It seems to bother him quite a bit, and effect his game, confidence, defense, and shooting.

He played 20 mins tonight, even less last night. He even took himself out of the game a couple times.

Meanwhile Woolridge logged 41 mins while playing through a messy knee issue.

Any word on Gilder? He was brought in for these type of games and moments. Hoping he finds his groove again, I think he's such an important piece to the puzzle for this team to realize its potential.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
        Oregon got about 3-4 straight calls to keep them in the game in the last 3:00 minutes of regular time. They were all very iffy and all went against us. Foul on Timmie for nothing on a lay-up that was made is one I remember.
        There were too many to remember.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Whoa. DJ is an nba hall of famer and Bird’s favorite teammate of all time. Love DJ. that’s a reaching foul Bornie.
          My favorite call of all time was by the gravel-voiced announcer in that Pistons game with the steal by Bird and the pass to DJ. I watched that as it was happening on TV as a kid-- swinging from heartbroken to elated in just a few seconds. That might not have been the exact moment when my love of basketball began but it very well could have been.

DJ was a great defender and so understated.

Back on topic, Ayayi has been reminding of Victor Oladipo, minus the explosiveness at the rim.

Comment

• IowaSERE
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
            My favorite call of all time was by the gravel-voiced announcer in that Pistons game with the steal by Bird and the pass to DJ. I watched that as it was happening on TV as a kid-- swinging from heartbroken to elated in just a few seconds. That might not have been the exact moment when my love of basketball began but it very well could have been.

Back on topic, Ayayi has been reminding of Victor Oladipo, minus the explosiveness at the rim.
            "now there's a steal by Bird, underneath to DJ, he lays it in!". Good times.

Comment

• zag67
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

I think they got more than their share of offensive boards because when their players shot the ball we were all trying to block their shots. I think over time the coaches will work in improving this and we will keep getting better. I watched Oregon last night and with our injuries I did not think we could stay up with them. Our players played thru their injuries and stayed with them all the game. Go Zags and beat Michigan.

Comment

• Zagnailler
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

I believe the announcer was Johnny Most also of “Havlicek stole the ball!” Fame.
                "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

Comment

• gueastcoast
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

With the benefit of a little time passing after an exhausting victory I can't help but think we are 10+ points better than the Ducks if reasonably healthy....which is no disrespect to Oregon. They are a scrappy squad and well-coached, and their press took a lot out of us (Woolridge did great but it exploited our short rotation which showed with tired legs late in the game). But at full strength I think we play the entire game against them like we did the first 10 minutes.
                  Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• Bogozags
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                    Nice post Jazz. I agree with what you said about Dykes. He was so for Oregon to win. He appeared very disappointed when the Zags took them. And when Joel ran that ball down of the board and did not let it go out of bounds, Dykes had already given the ball to Oregon. He appeared shocked when Ayayi ran it down and got it.
                    Not sure who I like less...Dykes or Dakich...but neither in my top 100 basketball sportscasters

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                      Good times, indeed

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                        Oregon got about 3-4 straight calls to keep them in the game in the last 3:00 minutes of regular time. They were all very iffy and all went against us. Foul on Timmie for nothing on a lay-up that was made is one I remember.
                        One of those bad calls was against Ayayi for rebounding. Over the back? Not even close. It’s been a while since I’ve yelled that loudly at the tv.
                        It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
                          With the benefit of a little time passing after an exhausting victory I can't help but think we are 10+ points better than the Ducks if reasonably healthy....which is no disrespect to Oregon. They are a scrappy squad and well-coached, and their press took a lot out of us (Woolridge did great but it exploited out short rotation which showed with tired legs late in the game). But at full strength I think we play the entire game against them like we did the first 10 minutes.
                          I tend to agree with you. The Zags fell in love with the outside shot a bit but seemed to do well getting the ball down low with the big-to-big stuff. Oregon is Pritchard and a bunch of other guys. I would have been disappointed by this loss because Oregon is one of those teams whose offense seems to be predicated on whatever Pritchard can create, and plan B is to throw the ball up on the rim and rebound it. Their bigs don’t seem to be very skilled but they can really get after the ball above the rim.

I remember thinking multiple times that we really could have used their backup PG this year (who I believe the Zags recruited). It was interesting to see Oregon take a page out of Few’s book and slide Pritchard down to the 2 at times when the backup PG was in.

I would like to see what Pritchard would do if they cross-matched Gilder on him so that he couldn’t use his size and strength. Watson no doubt would have helped across the board.

Comment

• kyle dixon
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Game

Well, Pritchard likes chick flicks and country music.....

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by IowaSERE View Post
                              The great Johnny Most...”Havlicek stole the ball...Johnny Havlicek.....”

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kyle dixon View Post
                                Well, Pritchard likes chick flicks and country music.....
                                And he plays the banjo.....

Comment

Working...
                                X