Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Oregon - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Assuming Woolridge is out and Gilder, Anton and Tillie are less than 100%....

Us 72
    Them 83

Would have loved a full strength match up.

Oregon will be hard to beat even at full strength. Maybe we play some inspired ball today and bench guys step up and hit lightning in a bottle. We havent heard anything yet but I would imagine out of the injured group we may get one ready to play, a couple that wont see any minutes and or very limited minutes. Just a hunch, it's not worth risking a more severe injury even if we are playing the Ducks.
    America's Team!

Last year I took Duke in the Maui final.

In that spirit

Oregon 78
    GU: 74

Go Zags
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I would have said this is the correction game at full strength. Now????

Ducks 82
    Zags 70
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

75- 73 Zags Zags will need to shoot 75% + from the FT line to win this one or the ducks will take it. Go Zags!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zags 80
    Oregon 74

Gonzaga 82
    Oregon 76

A really fun, close game. Just the kind I like. I hope to see some of the injured players play. Hoping to see more fantastic outside shooting. I love it. Hope to see Arlauskas play more. I like how he plays. He will help us today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I'm glad that the Ducks knocked out Seton Hall because they were flat scary good. The game was on steroids and the pace was intense throughout, credit to Oregon's tenacity and clutch play. Either team was gravely concerning as they are both really good. I'm not sure our young guys can run with them, but hope so especially on defense. Can Ayiai defend Pritchard? Man he is crafty and those passes, yikes! If we get our players on the floor I give us a chance but this is a really high step up from what we've seen to date...
    Zags 77
    Oregon 84
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Ducks 88
    Zags 73
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-28-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Oregon - 74
    Zags - 68

Canít beat a team like this with one scholarship guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Looking to lure GU money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Oregon - 74
    Zags - 68

Canít beat a team like this with one scholarship guard.
    Agreed. Kispert a primary ball handler playing at the 2 guard spot, which he will likely need to do if both Woolridge and Gilder are out. Oregonís trapping D and zone concepts may really disrupt a Zags squad missing key guards.

Ducks 83
    Zags 71
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I've wanted to see this matchup for years! And when this tournament bracket came out I was so excited. I just can't see us beating a top ten team when 4 of our top 7 players are either out or playing hurt. Their trapping defense is going to hurt.
    UO 80-70.

No prediction — no line without knowing the line-up. Highest hope: no more injuries is more vital than a win. If there are more injuries to any player on any team, coaches should refuse to allow their players to take the floor tomorrow.

Go Zags! Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Looking to lure GU money.
    Jazz, you are the steady realist among us, and realists beat those who bet from their heart at the track and Vegas. Don't you have a prediction for the game today? There are a lot of zag fans who fit the moniker "those of little faith" on this game, esp. because of injuries.

I don't doubt we are better than these ducks at full strength, but hard to tell with so many injuries in the air. They are a good defensive team, but only have two shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Jazz, you are the steady realist among us, and realists beat those who bet from their heart at the track and Vegas. Don't you have a prediction for the game today? There are a lot of zag fans who fit the moniker "those of little faith" on this game, esp. because of injuries.
    Sans 3-4 of our players the Vulgarians win easily.

OU 81 GU 76

Depend on injuries. No news this morning. IF we're down 4 guys , it's highly unlikely GU wins this one. Oregon is very athletic and coached well. Bigs are nimble. Our defenders that matter have been Admon and Woolridge....So we're short on offense and short on defense. Not a good combination when playing a very good team like Oregon. Oregon would be a tough nut even if we were at full speed. It all depends on who can play. From what's know so far, I think Zags lose by 5-10 pts. I just hope for no more injuries. If we lose, it's not a huge deal.

At full strength this game is probably a coin flip. With these injuries? Oregon takes the W. They throttled UTA wheras we struggled, at close to full strength. Corey HAS to show up for us to have a chance.

Ducks 81
    Zags 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

I’d most like to see all the injury concerns subside and see a lot of healthy bodies enter and leave the court. In this rare instance, the outcome isn’t nearly as important.

Call me a pessimist, but I think a shorthanded Zags team loses to Oregon, and then a shorthanded and tired Zags team loses to UNC.

Zags win 84-80

Seems Zags will not be at full strength and thatís unfortunate. Hope Iím wrong about the lineup and about my prediction.

Oregon 79
    Zags 65