Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Bud Withers: Finally a Duck-Zag matchup?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,112

    Default Bud Withers: Finally a Duck-Zag matchup?

    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Thanks. Good topic for Mr. Withers to highlight. No reason not to play Oregon every year, IMO.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,140

    Default

    Probably the best reason is the Few doesn't want to . If he did, we'd have them on the schedule.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    "Battle of the Northwest"

    That would be the title of the eight team tournament held in Seattle!

    Teams would be Stanford, UC, SMC, OU, OSU, UW, WSU, BSU and GU...of course it will never happen unless the money was right for those P12 schools and probably even then probably not...Knight (Nike) would be the sponsor and have to fork out millions...anyway it was just a thought...back to reality now!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,936

    Default

    Should have played in 2017 NC but NCAA and CBS wouldn’t like that at all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Should have played in 2017 NC but NCAA and CBS wouldn’t like that at all.
    Can you say "rankings plummet on east coast for title game"?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Probably the best reason is the Few doesn't want to . If he did, we'd have them on the schedule.
    Withers makes it sound like Few is more apathetic about playing Oregon rather than what has been repeated on this board as gospel... That few doesn't want to.

    If you actually read the article you'll see there was plenty of talk between the schools regarding scheduling a series.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    939

    Default

    It's pretty simple. Their court looks terrible.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Withers makes it sound like Few is more apathetic about playing Oregon rather than what has been repeated on this board as gospel... That few doesn't want to.

    If you actually read the article you'll see there was plenty of talk between the schools regarding scheduling a series.
    I read the article. Bumper to bumper. Few doesn't want to.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    "Battle of the Northwest"

    That would be the title of the eight team tournament held in Seattle!

    Teams would be Stanford, UC, SMC, OU, OSU, UW, WSU, BSU and GU...of course it will never happen unless the money was right for those P12 schools and probably even then probably not...Knight (Nike) would be the sponsor and have to fork out millions...anyway it was just a thought...back to reality now!
    You'd have to have teams from 8 different conferences.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •