Thread: Shrinking Kennel Club

Default Shrinking Kennel Club

The eastern pie of seats in the lower section has been sold to fans for many games this year because the students are not filling the lower section. Last week’s game (UTA) left many rows at the top of the student sections open. Tonight the kennel club has given up all of section 106. I’m sure thanksgiving accounts for a lot of the absences.

Possible Causes:
    1. Scheduling
    2. Apathy/complacency
    3. Other???

Discuss
    Last edited by Stache; 11-23-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Correct section

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    2. Apathy/complacency
    Discuss
    I hope it's not apathy. If I lived in Spokane, I would mortgage my right testicle to get a seat at McCarthey. Alas, I am 1,000 miles away, so I can keep both of my testicles.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

It is scheduling and entitlement.

Alabama didn't sell out their entire student section (for football) in a game against an FCS team a bit back.

It's not that they don't care, it is that there is only so much 40 point blowouts that people are interested in.

The schedulers really have a challenge in coming years bc they do need some of these games, but jeez this year is awful. Just the way they all aligned, that most "good games" are on the road this year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Upgraded schedule and whole new digital video offering; Roth has a full plate.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    It is scheduling and entitlement.

Alabama didn't sell out their entire student section (for football) in a game against an FCS team a bit back.

It's not that they don't care, it is that there is only so much 40 point blowouts that people are interested in.

The schedulers really have a challenge in coming years bc they do need some of these games, but jeez this year is awful. Just the way they all aligned, that most "good games" are on the road this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I hope it's not apathy. If I lived in Spokane, I would mortgage my right testicle to get a seat at McCarthey. Alas, I am 1,000 miles away, so I can keep both of my testicles.
    I know how you feel. My attendance at games is limited to those within a day’s drive of Dallas. Shortest trips have been to SMU and Texas A&M, longest were Nashville and Creighton. I’ve always dreamed of relocating to Spokane, but it’s a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I know how you feel. My attendance at games is limited to those within a day’s drive of Dallas. Shortest trips have been to SMU and Texas A&M, longest were Nashville and Creighton. I’ve always dreamed of relocating to Spokane, but it’s a pipe dream.
    +1

Was told that next week was only scheduled for Monday & Tuesday classes because of Turkey Day. Then apparently a fair amount of profs cancelled those classes & the kid's bailed to go home.

I think they get a mulligan on this one. Mom's cookin', ya' know.

Also understand that most of the students seats for the UNC game will be filled by students for a Wed. game following the end of classes the previous Thurs. Sticking around a full week. That would be impressive.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.