• Yes

21 42.00%
  • No

23 46.00%
  • Will just come short

6 12.00%

Thread: Can Mark Few Join The 1000 Club

Default Can Mark Few Join The 1000 Club

With Coach K reaching another mile stone today, does Mark Few have the 15 years it will take to reach the 1000 club?

I think he could if he wanted to stay in coaching that long, I just don't think he'll do that.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Can he vs will he?

When Boeheim did...... Marks was asked...he said no.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    When Boeheim did...... Marks was asked...he said no.....
    On a recent "Mark Few Show" I believe he stated he didn't intend on coaching that much longer or words to that effect...think he wants to be with family and fishing...he likes the solitude of fishing...I don't think records are that important to him either...

So my answer is NO...

voted no... Coach has his priorities straight... he could but he's not going to put in another 15 years... "In Few We Trust"

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    On a recent "Mark Few Show" I believe he stated he didn't intend on coaching that much longer or words to that effect...think he wants to be with family and fishing...he likes the solitude of fishing...I don't think records are that important to him either...

So my answer is NO...
    I have to mention that.... yes you can fish in solitude... but it takes time and money …… when you actually see Few fishing, outside the camera range there are more than a dozen production people including the producer , director, the camera and sound crews.... the guides.... the caterers …. the solitude is a illusion as with most made for TV shows.....

Can he? yes
    Will he? no

Question should be reworded.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

I have to mention that.... yes you can fish in solitude... but it takes time and money …… when you actually see Few fishing, outside the camera range there are more than a dozen production people including the producer , director, the camera and sound crews.... the guides.... the caterers …. the solitude is a illusion as with most made for TV shows.....
    I would not be surprised to see Few continue his relationship with Heister and morph the Mark Few Show into a fishing show.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I would not be surprised to see Few continue his relationship with Heister and morph the Mark Few Show into a fishing show.
    I believe Heister has a fishing show called "Seasons on the Fly" and Few has been in several episodes .

One of the never talked about secrets of fishing shows is that they have suitable fish to put on the hook..... when you are spending thousands to film a episode you have to catch some fish...….. even if you have to bring them with you......

I believe he could if that was his desire. I do not believe that is his desire

He has said on multiple occasions he isnt going to pull a Coach K or Boeheim and coach into his 70's.

Mentioned he wants to enjoy his retirement, fish, spend time with kids, future grandkids, all while he is still able, functional, healthy.

He is 56 now, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him retire at/around 60, 65 max

Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by roxdoc View Post
    Can he vs will he?
    The perfect and most succint way to summarize this thread.

I'd be surprised if he coached for another 10 years, much less 15.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Probably got 4 or 5 years left and then spend more time on his new place on the lake.

I think Coach Few is already a Hall of Fame Coach but do think he wants a Championship...If the Zags win a National Championship in the next five years (which I think they will.) I think Coach Few will hand the reigns over to Tommy Lloyd shortly after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Heister has a fishing show called "Seasons on the Fly" and Few has been in several episodes .

One of the never talked about secrets of fishing shows is that they have suitable fish to put on the hook..... when you are spending thousands to film a episode you have to catch some fish...….. even if you have to bring them with you......
    So, so true. Well said Bart!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

If he does get 1000 Tommy will be long gone before then.