• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

Whose team is this?

I'm just curious what everyone's opinion is on WHO this team's leader is. I know it almost feels like it can change from game to game, but at this point, who is THE guy in your opinion?
    Petrusev
    2.00%
    Kispert
    5.00%
    Tillie
    74.00%
    Woolridge
    12.00%
    Someone else? (Who)
    7.00%
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...
  • bdmiller7
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2017

Tillie. Not only is he the best player and a senior, but hes also the most vocal.

Comment

• Markburn1
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2015

It should be Kispert. He has the right personality. But, without the proper performance he loses credibility.

Woolridge looks like he has the gravitas and the performance to lead his teammates.

Tillie seems to be a lead by example guy.

Gilder my be the dark horse here.

Petrusev looks like he just wants to play and be good at it without having to give pep talks.

Comment

• gonstu
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Voted for Few

Comment

• tinfoilzag
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2009

I would say it's Gilder's team but a leader through example.
          The quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language.

Comment

• CB4
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2009

The challenge with this team is that there are some heavy individual incentives to put up points and all the players don't have multiple year relationships. This is perhaps the closest thing the Zags have had to a blue blood roster with lots of new players.

Petrusev could be gone this year and is hungry for points. The new guards want to get on the draft board and have the same incentives. Watson will be on lottery boards if he can get the ball more. Tillie knows this is his best chance to dominate and secure an NBA position. Kispert wants to secure his starting position. Timmie wants the starting spot or the sixth man spot. Ayayi presumably wants to show he can be a starter. Meanwhile Oumar is dunking on all of them in practice

The team is much different. All the players are new and really good and have competing aspirations. This is and needs to be Mark Few's team and a team that works together to get buckets and win games.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

I feel like it’s bdtween gilder and Tillie. Both will get the ball in clutch situations. I don’t think Woolridge can be that guy hitting such terrible FT%. Tillie and Gilder are the highest ones and will get those looks/shots. It’s early. I could be wrong. Team is Soooooo much more versatile with Tillie and opens up a lot of offensive opportunities

EDGE: Tillie
              Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2008

work in progress, still unknown. I enjoy this kind of ride too with the Zags, with all the unknowns around this year's team, maybe more than one guy

I would say the 2 backcourtmates and CK

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                  Voted for Few
                  Agree this is Coach Few’s team but Tillie is the leader of this team

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Since you are making me pick now, I am picking Woolridge. He so far has been the one to have that will to win that is the example for the rest of the team. There has only been one game, last night's, where that leadership has been needed. He was the one that showed some fire and was going to push the team into putting out the effort to win.

I am curious to see how that works out once Tillie gets a little more playing time under his belt and feels comfortable exerting his personality on his teammates during games.

Therefore I reserve the right to change my vote (and since I'm a mod, I can )
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• 72Prep
                      Bulldog Fan
                      • Feb 2007

Voted for Tillie. Wish is was Kispert.

Comment

• GoZags
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Big “D”. Da. Man.

2nd place to Mark and Tommy.

Edited to add: on the floor ... in Feb/Mar/April it’ll be Killian’s team.
                        Last edited by GoZags; 11-20-2019, 01:12 PM.
                        sigpic
                        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                        ——-
                        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• bartruff1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

It is always the coaches team …..but.....on the court.....If you have a experienced effective point guard...it is his team …...if you don't...well....it doesn't matter....your screwed.....

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2011

My vote goes to Gilder Jr. The leadership role is still being sorted out by this team, but to my eye Gilder has the stuff to be that guy. Senior for one thing, has lots of experience at the D-1 level, solid ball-handler and his shot is starting to fall. Besides that, his haircut is cool !!!
                            "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                            —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• OZZY
                              Zag for Life
                              • Aug 2009

Once Tillie gets back into the swing and the new players get used to playing with him, he's the man...

Comment

Working...
                              X