Thread: Micah quiet but effective.

Default Micah quiet but effective.

With all the praise being given several Zags and all deserving I might add let's talk about Micah's game.

2-7 6points 3reb 3 asst 1 steal.

Micah had a good game defensively and shared the ball well, maybe to a fault. The Zags looked real good on defense and offense and yet Micah only scored 6 points. That gets me excited because Micah can go off just like Austin did today.

If Zags can stay healthy they are going to be a handful for any team in the country.

Anybody else have any Micah thoughts?

Go!! Zags!!!

I thought Micah played very well today. His defense was very effective, in your face type action. He missed one shot & a couple of freethrows (that seemed to pi** him off). He looked strong going for those rebounds & stood his ground against a couple of much bigger guys from MT. Of course this is after only 2 games, but all in all, his game seems to have improved from the standpoint of having much more confidence in himself this year.
    ZAGS RULE!!!

Micah is one of our best defenders. Add a couple of blocks or deflectons to his total too. Although his wing span is not a great as Daye's it is still pretty good. I thought Micah was making an effort to distribute more than shoot - when he got the ball he just didn't have that look in his eye. I saw him pass up a couple of shots that were fairly open. Daye as all have said was terrific. Great game in so many ways. I did think he was....not hogging the ball but just not looking to distribute for a better shot. Several times he got into trouble trying to do too much himself - but that is just a freshman.

All in all it was a very enjoyable game to watch in person. The defense to me was the real news - just terrific (from a lot of players) - the best, most intense, I have ever seen GU play defense. Yes it could have been better, but what a difference from past years! At one point they had a lineup of Pargo, Downs, Daye, Kuso, and LG. Talk about athleticism!

Agree with all the defensive comments. I love his game. I was surprised his shooting was a little off. Having fouls getting him out of the rotation was surprising too bad. Maybe kept him from getting into the flow a little more.

I also agree that I thought Micah had a great game. He played super defense and got some great rebounds. His shot was not as good as he wants, but he made up for it in many other ways. I also liked the team of Micah, LG, Daye, kuso, and Pargo. I also think that we are going to see many great passing nights from the likes of Micah, Daye, Matt, Pargo, etc. The coaches have enough options with all of these great atheletes to mix and match for almost any type of team they want. Defense, 3pt shooters, stealers, rebounders, blockers, speed, slashers, and ???? I think that this is really going to be fun to watch.

was pleasently suprised at how he crashed the boards today. he soared in there and got a few, and had the sick putback jam in the first half.

that will definately help out this season, and with our lenght we seemed to get a lot of rebounds tipped out for second opportunities.

Micah will lead the scorers in Tues night's game against Idaho. Nothing drives a competitor like a challenge from within. Downs will hunker down, concentrate more, and dominate. He is an all-american. He will make it be known.

Micah did what was necessary of him tonight. He had an off-night shooting. It will not be the same Tues. With as much competition for playing time as we have, He realizes that a kid is gunning for his minutes, his spotlight, his glory. He knows what he can do, and (unlike myself), knows what it will take to remedy the situation.

I, too, like the Pargo, Bouldin/Larry, Daye, Downs, Kuso/Sacre/Foster lineup.

Get better! can't. We rocked tonight!!
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

That left handed jam on Micah's putback for the first score flattened me. What an early and unexpected exclamtion point!! He'll be one of our top 2 scorers this year. He's SO athletic and an amazing shooter. 2-7 isn't a great night for a sharpshooter. Micah did lots of other things that really helped out. ie blocked some shots and rebounded well.....and changed some shots too.

Every time I see Micah I wonder when he'll go for 25. It's there I'm sure. Lots of other scorers around now. Class tells. He's got good experience. After 1/2 year on the team, he'll show his talent......and my guess is that it'll be extreme.

when he and daye are on the floor together we looked extremely dangerous. add to that lineup the havoc wreaking larry G and that little 1-2-2 trap was pretty effective.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Every time I see Micah I wonder when he'll go for 25. It's there I'm sure. Lots of other scorers around now. Class tells. He's got good experience. After 1/2 year on the team, he'll show his talent......and my guess is that it'll be extreme.
    Me too. Micah is a bomb waiting to go off. He's going to bury some unsuspecting team one of these games, on offense and defense, too.

zag zealot Guest

I watched the game and then replayed it. Micah spent as much energy as any of the players thruout his playing time and was extremely effective on D.