Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W.tv stream stinks - WATCH HERE INSTEAD

OK. Trying ESPN. See if I can catch a ##&%8## score.

My stream on internet explorer was garbage. Missed most of the first half. Switched to Chrome and it’s been working much better. (Not seamless, but haven’t missed action)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "...do something you may regret, than regret something you didn't do."

Quote Originally Posted by haMarlin View Post
    My stream on internet explorer was garbage. Missed most of the first half. Switched to Chrome and it’s been working much better. (Not seamless, but haven’t missed action)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is an absolutely awful situation with the stream. If the WCC can't fix this ASAP then Gonzaga needs to look at broadcasting its own games separate and apart from the WCC.

Dudes this stream is awful by any metric.

The WCC’s new logo looks like branding for a small tech firm from 1998.

Their live video stream plays like something set up by a small tech firm in 1998.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Worst stream in the history of Zags BB. The WCC should be ashamed to put out such an inferior product.

I did email the AD at halftime and told him that whatever he did to fix the problem only made it worse. Here is his reply (he replied immediately):

Scott,
    If I did anything that involved streaming I am sure it is still screwed up J. Seriously, I forwarded your last message and go a response from the WCC that they had identified the issue – but clearly they did not get it fixed. I forwarded this latest email to the WCC staff again just now.

I am sorry that they have yet to fix the issue and we will push for a resolution.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I did email the AD at halftime and told him that whatever he did to fix the problem only made it worse. Here is his reply (he replied immediately):

Scott,
    If I did anything that involved streaming I am sure it is still screwed up J. Seriously, I forwarded your last message and go a response from the WCC that they had identified the issue – but clearly they did not get it fixed. I forwarded this latest email to the WCC staff again just now.

I am sorry that they have yet to fix the issue and we will push for a resolution.

Mike
    Can you post Roth's email address?

Steele needs to come out of retirement and find some good feeds. That guy always found the greatest !

only solution would be for someone who gets khq or root to put up a stream...like a sub-reddit and post a password here.

They are a lot of Mickey Mouse games left so we are going to be miserable unless Roth steps in proactively, not writing an email to some prepubescent webmaster. It’s basketball, but a $15 million program shouldn’t play its games under a peach basket.

Would anyone else get behind making a sticky of the streaming links?

Just contributed my 2-cents to A.D. Roth and got back this nice reply:

Thank you for your support and you email about the streaming issue. I will forward your email ( along with others so you are far from alone ) to the WCC Commissioner and staff. We here at Gonzaga are very frustrated by this and have been assured it will be fixed before Saturday’s game.

Thanks for the note and again thank you very much for your support of our program!

Mike

Mike Roth

Athletic Director

Gonzaga University
    Looks like there is a lot of movement with the hopes of it being resolved for Saturday's game!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Just contributed my 2-cents to A.D. Roth and got back this nice reply:

Looks like there is a lot of movement with the hopes of it being resolved for Saturday's game!
    Need results, not movement. We’ll see Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    The WCC’s new logo looks like branding for a small tech firm from 1998.

Their live video stream plays like something set up by a small tech firm in 1998.
    Well played

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Would anyone else get behind making a sticky of the streaming links?
    Openly posted streaming links need to be limited to legal streams only out of respect to the potential legal exposure of our host, the Spokesman Review.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Why can't these GU non ESPN & CBSN games be on ESPN+. Even some of the Kansas are on ESPN+. At $4.99 a month h it is a great deal. Maybe the WCC should go this way like many other conferences have.

The replay of last nights game seems to be working better than the live streamed version:

https://players.brightcove.net/60506...=6106629335001

Quote Originally Posted by goodbja View Post
    Why can't these GU non ESPN & CBSN games be on ESPN+. Even some of the Kansas are on ESPN+. At $4.99 a month h it is a great deal. Maybe the WCC should go this way like many other conferences have.
    Small thinkers, small plans. GU should jump digital ship to ESPN as you suggest.

Discouraging that Roth doesn't even have the level of concern to monitor the situation after he was made aware of it. He could have assigned a staff member or student intern to monitor and follow up. The level of neglect is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Discouraging that Roth doesn't even have the level of concern to monitor the situation after he was made aware of it. He could have assigned a staff member or student intern to monitor and follow up. The level of neglect is surprising.
    Good point. Guess hinterlands fans are not priority.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good point. Guess hinterlands fans are not priority.
    maybe a clearer statement....hinterland fans who are neigh-saying negative nancys' are not a priority?????

honestly a AD is juggling twenty things and to be fully focused on a conference issue during early season I would not suspect is high on the priority list
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    maybe a clearer statement....hinterland fans who are neigh-saying negative nancys' are not a priority?????

honestly a AD is juggling twenty things and to be fully focused on a conference issue during early season I would not suspect is high on the priority list
    Dumb statement. So defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Dumb statement. So defensive.
    Haaaa. I don’t even know the guy if he bumped into me at jack and dans
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by goodbja View Post
    We used to have a lot of our games on the ESPN college sports extra stations (I am blanking on the actual name right now...). Is that the same as ESPN+? Wish we still did
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.