Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Injury Updates

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    SSF is saying woolridge is ankle injury.
    After he came up linping, Woolridge grabbed the knee on court, then stripped off his sleeve to look at knee, trainer was seen examining knee, even palpitating, rubbing knee. Never once did anyone, including Ryan touch, look, or grab his ankle area.

Trust me, I'd much prefer it was an ankle, but it clearly was his knee or kneecap area.

I have seen several slips in the Seton Hall/Oregon game. Plant foot sliding out to the side. At least 4-5, just into the 2nd half.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    SSF is saying woolridge is ankle injury.
    It looked like a clearly obvious ankle injury when I was watching the game. How this knee stuff got into the narrative on Woolridge is confusing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    It looked like a clearly obvious ankle injury when I was watching the game. How this knee stuff got into the narrative on Woolridge is confusing me.
    All in due time, yet I keep watching the injury and immediately after, when he asks to be taken out of the game.

When he sits on the bench, the trainer comes up to him. Woolridge pulls down the sleeve to his knee and points at the outside of his right kneecap. Trainer than begins pushing and prodding around his kneecap.

His ankle wasn't even being looked at.

I suppose a high ankle sprain is possible, pain up to the knee area, and even preferred at this point. Anything other than re-aggravating his surgically repaired knee.

I've watched it 3 times now, and I cant find anything resembling an ankle.

Anton was an ankle without a doubt, maybe even Admon, yet Woolridge looked like knee, at least from video replay

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Okay, alright, it's not like we're on a boat with flashlights looking for debris after seeing the plane go in nose-first.

Guys are down in varying degree of distress but it is basketball, and somehow we'll field a team and see what happens.

Sooo, let's all back off and breathe.
    No way...I need some drama in my life....

Oregon and Seton Hall are going to play each other into the ground anyway, so we'll see what happens.

They're both good teams.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Okay, alright, it's not like we're on a boat with flashlights looking for debris after seeing the plane go in nose-first. Guys are down in varying degree of distress but it is basketball, and somehow we'll field a team and see what happens. Sooo, let's all back off and breathe.
    This makes sense, but I don't care; I'm joining the panic group.

Per Jim Meehan's twitter feed:

Gilder sore right knee, no word on his status for Thursday.

Seton Hall looked like it lost at least one guy with an injury near the end of their game, maybe two.

Starting to worry about 2 more games on that floor. Coaches cannot agree to end a tournament with TV money riding on 3 games, as opposed to our game in Japan.

SH definitely had one down holding a leg and perhaps another on the bench in the last minute. Trying not to overreact but ...
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Tomorrow is another day, when hope springs eternal, and it’s the Bahamas where metaphors might mix into nice banana daiquiri. It’s hard to say how serious any one these injuries is— against a tougher opponent, or if the game wasn’t clearly in hand, any one of these guys might have gone today for all we know.

Seton Hall looked like it lost at least one guy with an injury near the end of their game, maybe two.

Starting to worry about 2 more games on that floor. Coaches cannot agree to end a tournament with TV money riding on 3 games, as opposed to our game in Japan.

SH definitely had one down holding a leg and perhaps another on the bench in the last minute. Trying not to overreact but ...
    There have been complaints dating back to 2014 about the slippery court in Bahamas.

Unsafe and risky.

The slightest slip, grip, movement can cause an injury, especially when conditioned or used to certain movements.

Or when the slightest slip is least expected.

I fully suspect the courts condition caused Gilder and Woolridge injuries.

I watched 3 other games today and guys were slipping all over the place.

Numerous tweets on the subject, and UNV fanbase were worried for their players safety.

Gonzaga took the brunt of it, hopefully not long term issues

Tillie said he's going to try and play tomorrow, according to Vitale.

Reading the last two posts in sequence scared the #### out of me.

Do Zags have access to getting X-ray done on a player(s) within 16 hours or so?! I’m worried about Watson, Woolridge and Gilder. Can medical staff effectively diagnose what injury occurred (Watson) or was re-injured (Gilder, Woolridge)in such a short window of time?...do they need X-ray or MRI or some such to do so?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I hate to see injuries happen to anyone on any team but to have three happen on the same team on the same day is just unbelievable...

If these four players are unable to play then our bench will get unexpected P/T, which will be the only up-side that I can see...of course my fingers are crossed hoping they all bounce back for this PM’s game...

Also, if the court isn’t safe then they could “call” the game as they did in Okinawa but my guess with the money involved from advertisers/ESPN that the pressure to play will not allow cancellation...has anyone noticed the “mops” used by the locals to clean sweat off the floors!!! One would think that ATLANTIS would have spent money to purchase the same type of mops used by NCAA/NBA teams...

Yikes! Watched the game but didn't notice any Gilder issues. If the Zags do have multiple injuries which seriously limit playing time of starters and the bench .... could be a season where the competition for top dog in the WCC gets interesting. I'm more of a fan who's interested in seeing how the Zags do at individual games with what they have rather than basing a successful season on making the Dance - or going deep in it. It's going to be fun rooting for which Zags do play. If a Zag can't play I'm more saddened by their personal loss than the team's overall competitiveness. For the guys in better shape (currently not an injury issue): Filip, Corey, Joel, Drew, Pavel, Martynas, Matthew and Will - it'll be neat to see them step up to the plate. There certainly will be no lack of effort by the team to do the best that they can and that's a great team to be a fan of.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    There have been complaints dating back to 2014 about the slippery court in Bahamas.

Unsafe and risky.

The slightest slip, grip, movement can cause an injury, especially when conditioned or used to certain movements.

Or when the slightest slip is least expected.

I fully suspect the courts condition caused Gilder and Woolridge injuries.

I watched 3 other games today and guys were slipping all over the place.

Numerous tweets on the subject, and UNV fanbase were worried for their players safety.

Gonzaga took the brunt of it, hopefully not long term issues
    With Wooldridge, you don’t think it was the hard charging foul? He might have also stepped on the defenders foot on that play.

As an aside, they have been playing this game for many years. It’s time to build a proper gym with a proper floor there, with some sort of dehumidifier in it. It’s weird to play a major preseason tournament in a resort ballroom.

Tillie, Watson, Gilder, and Woolridge would be listed as "questionable" if college sports did injury reports. . .Thoughts and prayers going out to those young men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    .has anyone noticed the “mops” used by the locals to clean sweat off the floors!!! One would think that ATLANTIS would have spent money to purchase the same type of mops used by NCAA/NBA teams...
    Yesterday Michigan's coach Juwan Howard personally took a couple of towels and went out on the floor, got down on his hands and knees and wiped a couple of spots in the lane.

https://twitter.com/moneymjh/status/1199950431268397057
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    With Wooldridge, you don’t think it was the hard charging foul? He might have also stepped on the defenders foot on that play.
    Just rewatched it again...and again.

Woolridge is suddenly injured planting on his right leg with a hard charge to the basket from top of the key.

Occurs at the 6:42 mark of 2nd half.

No ankle turn or roll whatsoever. His knee looks flexed but that was it.

He appears in pain grabbing his kneecap on the court until he is pulled short after.

At the 5:02 mark he sits on bench, again holding his kneecap, when trainer greets him. They pull down the leg sleeve to examine his right kneeca, or at least in said area.

He exits the bench shortly after to attempt ride the bike. Shows him trying to peddle yet unable to do so.

He then limps badly to the lockerroom.

Not once did he grab his ankle area, nor did trainer even look at his foot or ankle.

Trust me, considering he was out for 4 months due to surgery on his right kneecap/patella, and still has screws & wires wrapping that kneecap, I was hoping I'd see an ankle on the replay.

As you know JP, patellas dont fully fixate as bone fusion is tough, less vascular than other bone anatomy. Healing is tricky. Patella fractures are one of the most highly repeated surgeries as they rarely fully heal, and often require the tension band wires and cannulated screws to maintain structural integrity.

After watching replay again, Woolridge could have knocked knees or put stress on that repaired kneecap.

I sincerely hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Maybe they are just being respectful to him, his family and the team?
    This
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

As I watched, I thought that Watson and Woolridge landed on opposing players feet (whether that is right or not).

Can we get the Oregon team to play without their feet?

Yesterday Michigan's coach Juwan Howard personally took a couple of towels and went out on the floor, got down on his hands and knees and wiped a couple of spots in the lane.

https://twitter.com/moneymjh/status/1199950431268397057
    Maybe that is the answer. Every time a player goes down or there is a break in the action, all the staff on both teams should head out onto the floor with towels.

It would help some and would REALLY embarrass the hosts and maybe ESPN/NCAA as well into monitoring the playing conditions and requiring a safe surface.

From Meehan:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-southern-mis/

With just under 7 minutes remaining, Woolridge came up hobbling after driving into the lane and landing awkwardly following a shot attempt. He stayed in for another possession on defense and offense before limping to the sideline, favoring his right leg.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Maybe that is the answer. Every time a player goes down or there is a break in the action, all the staff on both teams should head out onto the floor with towels.

It would help some and would REALLY embarrass the hosts and maybe ESPN/NCAA as well into monitoring the playing conditions and requiring a safe surface.
    To those who have attended this event.....is there even air conditioning in that facility?? That was a major issue with Maui as well until the gym underwent renovation. If you have zero air conditioning, you're going to have court issues.