• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Vulture
    Zag for Life
    • May 2008

Injury Updates

Since the other thread was high jacked and they refuse to get back on track I thought we'd try this again to maybe be on topic.

Has there been anything in regards to Ryan or Anton's injuries they had in the game?

If you'd like to discuss anything else, please start another thread or go to the one that was taken over. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Since the other thread was high jacked and they refuse to get back on track I thought we'd try this again to maybe be on topic.

Has there been anything in regards to Ryan or Anton's injuries they had in the game?

If you'd like to discuss anything else, please start another thread or go to the one that was taken over. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In TZF's thread with pics from after the game, Ryan had his right wrist taped, but not severely wrapped. Anton didn't look fazed.

Just judging from the pictures.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
      In TZF's thread with pics from after the game, Ryan had his right wrist taped, but not severely wrapped. Anton didn't look fazed.

Just judging from the pictures.
      I'm sure they were sore Saturday morning, but will be ready to go on Tuesday. I don't expect UT Arlington to be a pushover, I think they're in the same group as Evansville.

IMO, we need to schedule more Power 5 schools whenever possible. Better preparation for the NCAA tournament, where the referees swallow their whistles once the first weekend is over.

Comment

• Section 116
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

See this article from another thread: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...of-bumps-brui/ for Jim Meehan's take on the Zags bumps and bruises.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
          Zag for Life
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
          See this article from another thread: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...of-bumps-brui/ for Jim Meehan's take on the Zags bumps and bruises.
          Good to read. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• raise the zag
            Zag for Life
            • May 2011

Woolridge will likely be fine with some rest, ice, brace, etc

Watson, even though he feels better, will be one to watch.

Shoulder subluxations are sneaky/hidden injuries which are susceptible to re-aggravation at any moment. His ligaments and tendons have been permanently stretched.

The absolute best thing he/they could do is begin rehab immediately, even if he feels no pain. Must get this shoulder muscles tightened up before they heal around the sprain.

Ball and socket injuries are very vulnerable to further injury once there is just a minor subluxation or dislocation.

Based on Anton's own words, he suffered a quick although minor dislocation which happened to pop back when he leaned over and lifted his arm, which is how we reduce anterior inferior dislocations anyway.

Good news is the dislocation was short lived which lowers the grade and lessens the stretch of anatomy surrounding the joint.

It will require a ton of luck and rehab to avoid subsequent injury in that left shoulder as even subluxations increase chance of reoccurrence of nearly 100%.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post
              Woolridge will likely be fine with some rest, ice, brace, etc

Watson, even though he feels better, will be one to watch.

Shoulder subluxations are sneaky/hidden injuries which are susceptible to re-aggravation at any moment. His ligaments and tendons have been permanently stretched.

The absolute best thing he/they could do is begin rehab immediately, even if he feels no pain. Must get this shoulder muscles tightened up before they heal around the sprain.

Ball and socket injuries are very vulnerable to further injury once there is just a minor subluxation or dislocation.

Based on Anton's own words, he suffered a quick although minor dislocation which happened to pop back when he leaned over and lifted his arm, which is how we reduce anterior inferior dislocations anyway.

Good news is the dislocation was short lived which lowers the grade and lessens the stretch of anatomy surrounding the joint.

It will require a ton of luck and rehab to avoid subsequent injury in that left shoulder as even subluxations increase chance of reoccurrence of nearly 100%.
              Very informative post. Does Watson’s injury compare w Perkins?
              Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                Very informative post. Does Watson’s injury compare w Perkins?
                I don't think we'll know for 3 years. Perkins' thing became a chronic issue. This is probably a wait-and-see thing with Watson.

Comment

• Murphy outgo lifer
                  Kennel Club
                  • Aug 2015

Bump

Comment

• TravelinZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2012

Injuries, status?

Any info?

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Are we actually down 4 starters right now?

I would really like to think they were all held out in order to stay fully rested and prep for Oregon/Seton Hall … yet that doesn't appear to be ...
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                        Are we actually down 4 starters right now?
                        I think it's up to 6 starters now...
                        "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                        —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2009

Is there a post game press conference for this like there was in Maui?

Comment

• Goshzagit
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2007

Was the slippery make-shift court the cause of these injuries? Or at least a culprit?

Gilder was dragging his leg, limping badly, and so was Woolridge.

Both appeared to be in pain, and looked like knee injuries.

No one knows the extent yet highly doubt we see either play tomorrow.

Watson was clearly an ankle sprain, likely minor but probably swollen and sore.

Tillie's knee a gamble, as hes been dealing with swelling and soreness.

Right now, Woolridge and Gilder could be serious, and season altering. Both went to lockerroom and did not return.

At this point, we can only hope.

Ayayi going to get a ton of playing time going forward, and maybe no choice but to play Kispert at the 2, and Arklauskas or Lang sprinkled in.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                              Zag for Life
                              • May 2008

I didn’t see Gilder’s happen but noticed he was gone. Woolridge looked like a calf to me but not sure. I thought they might not have wanted Tillie to play three days in row but no idea if that’s accurate. Watson was an ankle for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X