Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Injury Updates

Meehan confirmed Gilder hurt his right knee. Status unknown for tomorrow.

IF these kids were injured, limited medical treatment or access to MRI, CT, Xray, & such.

If there was a serious injury amongst our 4 hurt players, they'd have to just stick it out til returning to the States.

A very real possibility is Gilder and Woolridge could be out for Tourney, or maybe longer, we shall see.

Watson and Tillie are question marks too.

Now, we have to consider what we do with our backcourt if our two starting guards are out?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    Coach Mic gave no information about injuries on the post game radio broadcast. Hudson really didn’t press him about it. Our 2 starting guards banged up. Who’s gonna break the ice on what the deal is with Ravet?
    No ice to break, Ravet is away from the team for personal reasons. It's best to assume he will not play with the team this season and just be pleasantly surprised if he does return.

IF we have serious, long term injuries to our guards, already losing Ravet, what do we do? Is it possible to get a mid season grad transfer? I don't want to freak out, but is that a possibility?

I just re-watched the end of the first half and beginning of second just watching Admon. I didn't notice that he was favoring the knee in the first, then from the very beginning of the second he clearly was. Only thing I can conclude is that he slipped on a bar of soap in the locker room.

Actually at the end of the first, it was hard to see, but I think he was slightly favoring it. Nothing real obvious. Slight difference in gait every once in a while. Most obvious was a box out of a big. It was clear he was putting most of the pressure to push back on one leg. Don't know what the original cause was, but my guess is sitting during halftime tightened it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewey View Post
    I just re-watched the end of the first half and beginning of second just watching Admon. I didn't notice that he was favoring the knee in the first, then from the very beginning of the second he clearly was. Only thing I can conclude is that he slipped on a bar of soap in the locker room.

Actually at the end of the first, it was hard to see, but I think he was slightly favoring it. Nothing real obvious. Slight difference in gait every once in a while. Most obvious was a box out of a big. It was clear he was putting most of the pressure to push back on one leg. Don't know what the original cause was, but my guess is sitting during halftime tightened it up.
    Every team who has played today complained about slipping on court.

Ball room bball courts on top of carpet arent equipped with temp control and humidity control to limit moisture on slick surfaces.

Based on what I'm hearing, sounds like Woolridge and Gilder are dealing with painful right knees, that we won't know the extend til after they return home.

All this is terrible, gut wrenching news for all

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    IF we have serious, long term injuries to our guards, already losing Ravet, what do we do? Is it possible to get a mid season grad transfer? I don't want to freak out, but is that a possibility?
    Matthew Lang (2nd year walk on in the GU program) could be on D1 scholarship at MANY schools, yet is a walk-on at Gonzaga. 6' 3" ... averaged nearly 16 ppg for 6A Jesuit HS of Portland ... led them to Quarter-Finals. He could possibly get some relief duty (or more) earlier in the game. The kid can play and GU coaches are high on him.
    https://gozags.com/sports/mens-baske...thew-lang/3121

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

This is really not good. I'd hope they could fly them both back immediately to get MRI's etc... Forget this Tournament, we're taking the season here!

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Nothing we can do.

Feels like we should be able to sign someone, anyone to fill in, yet not in college athletics. Never heard of grad transfer for a semester.

Ayayi is PG now, likely rest of Tourney. No back up.

Arklauskas will be asked to play SG, rapid maturation process, along with moving Kispert to guard, playing Watson at the 3. Timme & Peteusev up front.

Tillie will be game by game rest of season, that much is certain. He will play when his knee doesnt swell up, and wont play when it does.

Pavel playing time increases.

Matthew Lang will be thrown into the rotation, and seems to handle playing with the team quite well

From the Slipper Still Fits: Which Zags will be available for Thursday’s game and how long they will be available are unanswered questions at the moment. What we do know is that the training staff will have its hands full in one of the most important weeks of the season for Gonzaga.

Link: https://www.slipperstillfits.com/gon...tlantis-opener

Incredible a journalist hasn't dug up the Ravet story yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    Incredible a journalist hasn't dug up the Ravet story yet.
    Maybe they are just being respectful to him, his family and the team?

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Matthew Lang (2nd year walk on in the GU program) could be on D1 scholarship at MANY schools, yet is a walk-on at Gonzaga. 6' 3" ... averaged nearly 16 ppg for 6A Jesuit HS of Portland ... led them to Quarter-Finals. He could possibly get some relief duty (or more) earlier in the game. The kid can play and GU coaches are high on him.
    https://gozags.com/sports/mens-baske...thew-lang/3121
    A top 10 team playing a walk on doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies (and I liked watching him in high school). We are awfully thin. Good news is Ayayi is for real...but i am ready to panic.

As always, though, the problem is our inverted schedule, so many unknowns on the eve of the ten most important games in the regular season does seem scary.

OTOH, adversity brings teams together sometimes, too.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Nevermind. Panic. Apologies to Dix. Ugh
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Thayne needs to find a couple of kids playing open gym down at Kennedy Pavilion and hand them uniforms and a couple of tickets to the Bahamas.

Ideally, he’ll find kids over 5’8” who can shoot, but we can’t be too picky at the moment.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I think I will go ahead and panic.....
    Lolololl. Good one Bart! Has any other team in this tournament had these type of damages . CAnt just if it’s the court

Woolridge and Gilder been so good defensively, limiting dribble drive penetration.

The rest of the teams in the tourney will have a field day attacking off the dribble.

Ayayi cant play 40 mins.

Woodridge same knee was disheartening.

I did see Gilder slip twice in 1st half but didnt witness injury.

Feels like the court had something to do with it, yet doesn't matter, I'm in full meltdown mode.

First Tillie, then Anton (altho likely minor), then Gilder, & Woolridge.

Surreal.

Ayayi helped ease the pain, yet thinking long term, we literally have no one else besides Lang, and playing two wings out of position.

Wow

Crossing fingers, hoping, praying, wishing for good prognosis all around

I have to say I have not seen anyone slipping or sliding in the UO-Seton Hall game, nor have the announcers made any mention of a "slippery floor"?

An Ayayi-Kispert backcourt is not the end of the world as long as they can play 80 minutes back-to-back. They are both fantastic athletes. Our forwards are comfortable enough on the perimeter that we should still be able to move the ball. But expect Seton Hall to press the everliving you-know-what out of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Woolridge and Gilder been so good defensively, limiting dribble drive penetration.

The rest of the teams in the tourney will have a field day attacking off the dribble.

Ayayi cant play 40 mins.

Woodridge same knee was disheartening.

I did see Gilder slip twice in 1st half but didnt witness injury.

Feels like the court had something to do with it, yet doesn't matter, I'm in full meltdown mode.

First Tillie, the Anton (altho likely minor), then Gilder, & Woolridge.

Surreal.

Ayayi helped ease the pain, yet thinking long term, we literally have no one else besides Lang, and playing two wings out of position.

Wow

Crossing fingers, hoping, praying, wishing for good prognosis all around
    Okay, alright, it's not like we're on a boat with flashlights looking for debris after seeing the plane go in nose-first.

Guys are down in varying degree of distress but it is basketball, and somehow we'll field a team and see what happens.

Sooo, let's all back off and breathe.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Maybe they are just being respectful to him, his family and the team?
    I'm not saying they should dig it up, but seriously where else in the country would the media be respectful of privacy in regards to a top ten program? Just saying it surprises me

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    After watching replay, looked like Woolridge pushed through defender and his right knee slightly slipped forward while lifting off it. Immediately lifted up his leg and could barely put weight on it.

Not sure about Gilder yet reported knee tweak. Also could be due slippery court.
    SSF is saying woolridge is ankle injury.

"Incredible a journalist hasn't dug up the Ravet story yet."

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Larsen.......

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    SSF is saying woolridge is ankle injury.
    First time I’ve seen player put on exercise bike with ankle injury....if true

Regarding Tillie: Coach Mark Few said Tillie's knee swelled up after the plane ride to the Bahamas for the three-games-in-three-days tournament at the Atlantis resort, so the team decided to be ''very, very cautious'' and that Tillie's status ''truly is a gametime decision.''

''I just think it's going to be like that, see how it starts reacting to him playing,'' Few said. ''He played two games right before we left in like four days. I think the long plane ride might have led to it. It's just a matter of getting all that swelling out of it and we'll see what happens (Thursday).'

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...27_GONZAG@USM/